I think the barricade video bothers me.

FluxCap

Reaction score
Did anyone notice how the guys following seem like they are missing some frames when they move fast? It is very chunky or twitchy looking. I hope that gets smoothed out because their animation is not pretty. Anyone notice this?

I noticed it, too...but I'm thinking it is more Bink Video's fault than anything...

the RAD tools will help if its a FPS problem or whatever, but dont forget its well known that there are interloption artifacts (glitches if you will...) in the demo recording software in source , like shit breaking before getting hit, etc, so this might also be an artifact like that

dont worry all these movies out now are HL2 builds from months ago

I know, I was just thinking everything looked funny. Where can I get RAD tools? :)

You get them from www.radgametools.com or when wathcing the BINK videos, at the end of the clip, you get the BINK logo, pressing Enter will open up their web-site for you as well! :D

when gordon fires his gun in this movie the bullet fire sound comes before the gun ever goes off. i'm sure someone has already been over this, but i'd hoped they fixed that from the e3 movie.

I think someone said Gabe spoke about this. Saying that the timing was off on a few things like this, inlcluding shadows.

it's all about demo playback... in the actual game these problems won't exist. btw... isn't there ANOTHER thread for this already, you spamming post-gathering bunch of chocolate-and-vanilla-fudge-eaters? :p

rofl. yeah it has been discussed before. anyway. I think they FIXED it now (not sure).

Ehm guys: when you run the bink video's, is your cpu actually running/rendering it , or just viewing it, like in windows media player or something?
Cause if it's just viewing, how can people have problems?

viewing it. and the high quality/reso animation takes alot of cpu power.

I have no broadband flat. that's why I don't download it.
what do you see in the barricade video?

...and that one isn't from the E3 2003?!

Back