I want "****" in the Collectors Edition

Do you like the 'apparent' price of the Collectors Editions?

• Yes

Votes: 22 31.9%
  • Negative

Votes: 47 68.1%

• Total voters

Runteh

Reaction score
From looking at the post concerning what 'may' be in the collecters edition box and the disgraced replies; what would you like to see in the collecters edition?

Maybe some ideas will be noticed by Valve team members.

(If this has been posted before, sorry! :( )

I want a furry headcrap :(

Old thread...

You want a furry headcrap? :LOL: Doesn't sound right...

I want alot of developer maps and scrapped weapons and models and junk. Also... Some kind of plush toy er sumpin...

Frosty207 said:
disturbing...
I think a cuddly head crab would be an amazing addition to the CE. I'd wear it on my head all day.

Wow, this certainly warrants a whole new thread :rolleyes:

Why couldnt you just use the other thread retard?

I think we should have a glow-in-the-dark headcrab.

Um...who the heck actually voted yes? People actually like being charged a $150 US for a CE of a game? Whoa, apparently I'm in the wrong business.

A furry headcrab would be amazing... I would love it more than my son. It doesnt cry/scream/shout or bleed when I hit it either.

(j/k, I dont have a son, and if I did I would not hit him... much[j/k])

Wow, this certainly warrants a whole new thread

Why couldnt you just use the other thread retard?

Because in this thread your supposed to post what you would like to see in it, not pointless and needless replies from imbeciles who 'need' to have a high post count because they can not think of a decent reply.

well if Valve employees do read these things than this a good thread to keep an eye on.

what would i like in my Collectors Edition:
  1. plush headcrab toy
  2. Source conversions of HL/CS/OP4/DOD/BS
  3. A HL2 badge (the kind that can be sewn onto clothing/bag etc..
  4. An extras DVD disc containing stuff like "The making of HL2"
  5. A G-man action figure
  6. The Instructions booklet signed by the Valve team

now i am not expecting all of these things.. (that would probably be too expensive me thinks) but hopefully a nice combination of 3-4 of the things listed.

is my list too un-reasonable? :dork:

Grr, it has not... But what would you like to see in it? You never know, it could be true. Even if it isnt, it might be good for Valve to know what you would like.

Neutrino said:
Um...who the heck actually voted yes? People actually like being charged a $150 US for a CE of a game? Whoa, apparently I'm in the wrong business.

I ****ing love it!!!

Chris_D said:
I think a cuddly head crab would be an amazing addition to the CE. I'd wear it on my head all day.
Chris, it was disturbing because he said "Headcrap" :p

Uh, this thread is pointless. They haven't even said what's in it. and that price is speculation quality at best.

But anyway.

I'd imagine you get CS:Source and HL:Source maybe the espansions in Source too who knows. Judging from that price people are tossing around. And some nice objects.

... I'm not voting until you add a third option: Waiting to know what's in the box.

I would like to see a t-shirt, Gordon Freeman action figure with crowbar swinging action, source conversions (if they are finished by that time), DVD with extra stuff on it like tutorials for using parts of the SDK or as Dr.Freeman said a behind the scenes look at the game, and some toilet paper by these people: www.halflife.com

:p

Think

HL2 = $50
If the Source ports are at a budget price of $20, and there's four of them, (CS, HL1, DOD, TFC)
that makes $80

50+80 = $130

So you're basically just buying all of the ports and HL2 in one lump sum. the extra $20 that brings it to $150 is the collectors edition stuff- the extra metal box, figures etc.

RogueShadow said:
Uh, this thread is pointless. They haven't even said what's in it. and that price is speculation quality at best.

But anyway.

I'd imagine you get CS:Source and HL:Source maybe the espansions in Source too who knows. Judging from that price people are tossing around. And some nice objects.

this thread would be useful if u and others posted a few things that u would like a Collectors Edition... this way, it gives Valve an idea.. sort of like an "unofficial" survey of what would like included with their Collectors Edition.

lol Mullinator :LOL:

I want to see what the Source conversions actually are.

If all they did was take HL1 as-is and dump it into the source engine (so physics and nice graphics etc) while keeping all the models, levels and textures the same - why bother? You wouldn't have a manipulator gun, and there wouldn't be very much extra objects in the scenary that you could use the physics with anyway.

If, however, they went through and had better-looking textures and new models (since HL2 has most of the models anyway - gman, scientists, zombies, head crabs etc etc), then I'd be tempted. Re-done levels would be great too, although I doubt they would want to spend the time on that.

for $150 dollars? i want my hl2 collectors edition to come with a $100 dollar bill.

It better not be more expensive then what EB lists (79.99),
for me that is already 155 AUD (includes shipping), thanks to our undervalued currency.
I would only want the HL1 Source mod, I couldn't care about the others

Lanthanide said:

If all they did was take HL1 as-is and dump it into the source engine (so physics and nice graphics etc) while keeping all the models, levels and textures the same - why bother? You wouldn't have a manipulator gun, and there wouldn't be very much extra objects in the scenary that you could use the physics with anyway.

If, however, they went through and had better-looking textures and new models (since HL2 has most of the models anyway - gman, scientists, zombies, head crabs etc etc), then I'd be tempted. Re-done levels would be great too, although I doubt they would want to spend the time on that.

Here's a little info on that:

BladeTurbo said:
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, May 18, 2004 1:12 PM
To: '[email protected]'
Subject: HL: Source

Hello Mr. Lombardi,

First I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your team for the wonderful job on the original Half-Life (which I still play every now and then) and for keeping us informed on the status of HL2. This is where Valve Software shines; you do what 99.9% of the other developers fail to do, keep your fans informed. The question I am hoping you can answer is regarding the use of the Source engine on the original Half-Life. I read the interview you did with Boomtown, but I’m confused on a couple things. The first is, will the HL: Source be available as a bundle when you purchase HL2 or will you have to buy it separately? This leads to my second question. If the changes are invisible, what would be the benefit? Thanks so much for taking the time to look at this.

Thank You
Brad Livesay

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your interest in our games, and for taking the time to write to us.

Regarding HL1 Source, there are subtle changes throughout the game. You'll see new features such as physics and the shader system being used. In additon, the lighting on the world and characters will look better, with shadows and more.

We have not yet announced the specifics on how we will make all of this available, but we will be releasing that information soon.

Cheers

Here's my "ideas" about what should come with the CE from this thread http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=22008&highlight=bling

;) :E
oopsmaster said:
I don't know what the culture over at Valve is like, or what Gabe is like in his spare time, so I think it could include:

- Large assortment of faux gold and silver necklaces and jewelry with the HL logo on it. 8 golden rings that spell out
"H A L F L I F E"
when you put your fists together. Until proven otherwise, Gabe Newell could very well be a closet "bling bling" fiend.

- HL2 toque. See above.

- Headcrab mini plush toy :E

- Barney Calhoun action figure with "Deathblow" karate chop action and Kung Fu Grip hands. :sniper:

Or maybe just a T-shirt and keychain. :p

- Barney Calhoun action figure with "Deathblow" karate chop action and Kung Fu Grip hands.

lol, because that is so barney you can't even begin to deny it

Frosty207 said:
Chris, it was disturbing because he said "Headcrap" :p

Lol... I just realized it was headcrap with a p. But, I was still laughing at furry headcrab because it reminded me of hair crabs.

Aphal said:
Think

HL2 = $50
If the Source ports are at a budget price of $20, and there's four of them, (CS, HL1, DOD, TFC)
that makes $80

50+80 = $130

So you're basically just buying all of the ports and HL2 in one lump sum. the extra $20 that brings it to $150 is the collectors edition stuff- the extra metal box, figures etc.

who says they come with the ports?

HL2
Source conversions for all mods owned by Valve
Poster
HL2 soundtrack if it can't be played from the CD itself
An extra disc of bonus materials, including a "Making Of", promo material, deleted scenes, and a few more goodies
Half-Life Bible

Thats pushing it. I'd say HL2 SP and MP, CS:Source and deleted scenes and shit. That would be worth it.

A headcrab? yeah that'd be good. A T-shirt would be nice as well. Or even a Gordon Freeman action figure that says nothing when you pull his string... LOL!

Sparta said:
Thats pushing it. I'd say HL2 SP and MP, CS:Source and deleted scenes and shit. That would be worth it.

Yeah, I know...

Wait, I also want a crowbar, and an HEV suit, a gluon gun, a pet houndeye, a hot female sidekick, and.... GARGHHGHH!!!!!!

My imagination will be my doom!

Lanthanide said:

Having the manipulator gun selectable in the original game would be pointless and not worth the effort. It would throw off the gameplay a bit too much. And where would it fit into the story? I mean, you obviously don't have it until Half-Life 2 for a reason (a plot reason, something other than that it couldn't have been made on mid-1990's tech).

Reality check, people: the Source engine ports are going to be just that: ports. The models, textures, effects, and physics will likely be updated (so that new generations of gamers can enjoy Half-Life without getting hung up on "dated" graphics) but the gameplay will remain basically untouched. Valve spent a long time fine-tuning the pace and gameplay of the original Half-Life; they're not going to suddenly say "OMG let's put in the Manipulator gun and the I-Rifle and lunchmeat and some nunchucks!"

Back