i would like some tweaks for fps gain - please help

D

DaGoN

i'v been playing with my gforce fx5700 on about 40-60 fps.
i would like to increase that...
even if that means the game will look realy REALY REALLLY bad.
i just want fps.

and i'v tryed messing with the directx's 7.0 8.1 9.0
i'v also tryed this tweak set :

mp_decals "0"
mat_bumpmap "0"
mat_fastnobump "1"
mat_specular "0"
mat_bloom "0"
cl_interp "0.01"
cl_show_bloodspray "0"
cl_show_bloodsplash "0"
cl_ejectbrass "0"
cl_phys_props_enable "0"
cl_phys_props_max "0"
cl_smooth "1"
cl_ragdoll_physics_enable "0"
cl_ragdoll_collide "0"
r_DispUseStaticMeshes "0"
r_drawrain "0"
r_drawropes "0"
r_shadows "0"
r_teeth "0"
r_decals "20"
fog_enable "0"
fog_enable_water_fog "0"
budget_show_history "0"

which i didnt see effecting the game gfx or fps at all...
only effect i saw is disappearing bodies.

anyhow please give me a set of tweaks which will give me a significant increase in my fps.

thank you :)

Alright, tons of people have been asking this question, and now I have an answer. This is the config I CONSTANTLY use, and it gives a 50 FPS boost from the default game. The config can be downloaded here. I assume you know how to save configs.

http://www.teamnr.net/Files/AMD.cfg

Also, don't be expecting to get tons of FPS with your computer;It's just not going to work out that way.

Gothax? said:
Alright, tons of people have been asking this question, and now I have an answer. This is the config I CONSTANTLY use, and it gives a 50 FPS boost from the default game. The config can be downloaded here. I assume you know how to save configs.

Also, don't be expecting to get tons of FPS with your computer;It's just not going to work out that way.

well
this gives me a boost of up to 20 fps which is great- Although it makes the
game lag ...
i mean like some sort of constant lag even on lan
it says 80 fps yet feels like 20...
any suggestions??

Isn't cl_rate supposed to be 9999 if you have cable?

the human eye can only see 30fps anyway... so anything higher is pointless

barnett said:
the human eye can only see 30fps anyway... so anything higher is pointless
bullshit.. this works only on TV, 30 fps on pc-games is really bad.. it works slowly and not so playable...

Anyway, can i get any other tweaks...? And I need them for 9600xt please :)

No, he's right, but it's something like 60FPS.

I'm going to have to disagree... I CAN tell when I'm only getting 30 FPS and 60 FPS. DaGoN, try the config again - I updated it.

But seriously, you have an AMD 2000, 2100 RAM, and an outdated video card. Upgrade or deal with it.

Although I usually get 80-150 FPS, when things get a bit hectic on my screen and the FPS drops to 50, it is still absolutely playable. However, when this FPS drops to lower 40s and high 30s, I CAN tell. So the moral of the story - 50 FPS is a high enough FPS to play with.

Also, DaGoN - That is the interp and interpolate set at 0 that causes the effect of lowered FPS.

Change those to cl_interp .01 and cl_interpolate 1. This will get rid of the affect, while still maintaining registration.

Gothax? said:

Although its awesome that this improves so much of the FPS, (and I really can't tell the difference from 40 -60 fps) but it removes a lot of the things that make CS:S the physics-funny (haha..ragdoll is awesome!) game it is. So I would take a quick look over that cfg before you go installing it.

Stuff like cl_ragdoll_physics_enable 0 -and- cl_phys_props_max 0

Our surveillance crew tells me that the human eye can only detect 30 frames per second, but I guarantee I'll tell you in a blind test of HL2 demos which one was played at 30 fps and which one was at 60. Where did that rumor even come from?

Adabiviak said:
Our surveillance crew tells me that the human eye can only detect 30 frames per second....

It's true...even tv's only have 15 fps..and I don't bitch about it. You guys should worry less about fps, and more about ping. Ping kills over ten million young people a day.

Back