Icelandic volcano ****s up Northern European air traffic

Yeah saw it on the news this morning and lol'd.

So glad I wasn't flying back today (got home from Geneva Monday).

Hjordis Gudmondsdottir, a spokesperson for Isavia, Iceland's air traffic authority, said: "The ash is going out to the ocean and to Europe so our airports aren't really affected. It's almost funny, except it isn't, obviously."

Or is it?

Grab hold of your surf board. Hold onto your crotch and scream like Micheal Jackson. If Iceland explodes, Britain is trouble.

Now taking odds on South Park making an episode relating to this.

lol, what an idiot. guy probably had too many shooters on the flight

Pretty crazy, friends of mine came back into Heathrow this morning just as they started diverting all air traffic. So lucky.

This is ****ing massive, the biggest disturbance to air traffic ever. Millions of people are stranded around the world. Let's hope the volcano settles soon, or better yet, that the winds turn west and give the Americans a taste of some fine Icelandic ash.

This is ****ing massive, the biggest disturbance to air traffic ever. Millions of people are stranded around the world. Let's hope the volcano settles soon, or better yet, that the winds turn west and give the Americans a taste of some fine Icelandic ash.

that would suck because come Saturday we're getting snow again :(

I don't see the funny bit. Where can I find it?

yeah thats my questiong,how will thse affects the climate?,usually big eruptions affect the global enviroment in some way and I guess this is a very big one isnt?

God damn... what I hate most about things like this is people going, "Oh look... it's Global Warming causing this!" and by people, I mean anti-global warming individuals who have it in their head that for some reason this sort of thing could be attributable to Global Warming, which is bullshit.

I bet I could wander over to the Hannity forums and find such a thread right now with that very same thing going on.

Yeah some friends are stuck. They where pretty happy about it though.

Yeah some friends are stuck. They where pretty happy about it though.

How often do you get to say your plane was grounded because of a ****ing Volcano?

My friend from abroad who was coming to visit us got into Stansted an hour and a half before UK airspace was shut off (12:00).

So ****ing lucky.

No **** off, I'm going to Cuba in less than two weeks. Don't you dare curse us Canadians. (Because we're so close to America, we'd be ****ed over too)

The US has anti volcano technology, we're fine.

The lastest news report says that teh earliest theat flights will resume is 1pm today but this could go on through the weekend. I have to say it has been really strange not seeing any planes today.

Anyone else notice really cool sunsets yesterday? I wonder if that was just by chance up here, or if the ash played a part.

The US has anti volcano technology*, we're fine.

hawaiivolcano.jpg

*Anti-volcano technology not available in Alaska, Hawaii and all off-shore U.S. territories and possessions.

Oh, is that from having that Supervolcano working for the federal government?

That would be the best comic ever

yeah thats my questiong,how will thse affects the climate?,usually big eruptions affect the global enviroment in some way and I guess this is a very big one isnt?

The ash jams the engines.

Believe it happened before over Indonesia to a British Airways plane.

The way that guy said Iceland, like it's literally a land of ice.

Anyone else notice really cool sunsets yesterday? I wonder if that was just by chance up here, or if the ash played a part.

I noticed one yesterday too,dont know if cuz of the ashes but I think I am far fromt he ash zone

They said the volcano is producing less ash than before, so things could improve soon.

I'm up in Aberdeen, felt suddenly ill earlier, my imagination was concocting causes involving poisonous volcanic gasses but yeah. Was sorta hazey this morning, but otherwise a sunny bright cloudless day up in Aberdeen.

Gonna be waiting at sun-down with my trusty camera. :imu:

I am supposed to fly back into Heathrow Sunday Afternoon BST.
This is troubling.

Back