Ichtyosaurs in aftermath???

SsmitzZ

Reaction score
will there be ichtyosaurs in aftermath i realy miss them :p

100th post hurrah!

Very doubtful, as the game takes place within the Citadel and then City 17. There's no real opportunity to battle with ichthyosaurs. Don't worry though, you're leaving City 17 in Episode 1, heading out into the wastes.

And in the wasteland, there are most definately ichthyosaurs.

Bullsquids, ichthyosaurs, and houndeyes; oh my!

We have to see them. They're DONE already. They have models and animations. The question is only when.

Those bullsquids did have irritating sounds yet fun to kill. I hope to see them again. Ichtyosaurs creeped me out the first time I saw it open its mouth back in HL since I didn't think it would attack.

what about those knife faced green things that sitck out of the ground?

Samon said:
He means the tentacle. Hopefully we'll see them too.
For friggin' shizzle. Drove me crazy trying to sneak past them in the Blast Pit chapter. Having to crawl veeeeeeerrrrrrry slllloooooooowwwllllly hoping to God they wouldn't find me.

TollBooth Willie said:
For friggin' shizzle. Drove me crazy trying to sneak past them in the Blast Pit chapter. Having to crawl veeeeeeerrrrrrry slllloooooooowwwllllly hoping to God they wouldn't find me.

Or you could just toss grenades to distract it.

Samon said:
I just ran.

A cheater is you! :O

Crouching and grenade chucking is the only way to go. It is without a doubt one of the scariest moments in gaming.

Samon said:
Bah, running is so much more fun!

Hmmm. I suppose it could be. Espeically if you accidentally go the wrong way and you look up to see a ****ing huge claw slam on your head.

Reginald said:
Hmmm. I suppose it could be. Espeically if you accidentally go the wrong way and you look up to see a ****ing huge claw slam on your head.
For shizzle.

Those things are scary if you spawn them. They don't move at first, except for the eyes. Which follow you around. And when you get close to the face..

UltimaApocalyspe said:
Those things are scary if you spawn them. They don't move at first, except for the eyes. Which follow you around. And when you get close to the face..
The tentacles? Bullsquid?

Houndeyes and bullsquids for the win!

esp. Houndeyes.

About itchys appearing in episode 1, what if you have to escape by swimming through/across a river? or the citadel's waste disposal system. Or if theres another sewer or canal sequence

I don't think the Citadel has need for that type of thing, and I also don't believe we'll be visiting the canals. Besides, even if the Citadel did have a waste disposal system - do you really think they'd let Ichthyosaurs lurk in them?

Either way; Ichthyosaurs ftw.

I didn't expect for them to have a lot of zombies in there basement. But we found the result to that.

Well the GCF (or what ever) doesn't have any trace of sutch things. sorry.

I'd like to see them later on in some of the other Episodes. Maybe at a resevoir somewhere. But I do like the idea of them being in the canals.

I was really expecting to meet one in Water Hazard after nearly getting eaten by one in the teleportation incident. Everytime I was knocked out of my boat I would really panic to get back into it. You know the sort've panic where something is behind you, and you know its close, and you're just waiting to see the red lines appear at the bottom of the screen indicating you've been hit by something.

WoW, last night I had a dream about a houndeye in hl2ep1..

Looked awesome :D Sorry no pics.. But it was very shiny ;)

wildchild730 said:
WoW, last night I had a dream about a houndeye in hl2ep1..

Looked awesome :D Sorry no pics.. But it was very shiny ;)
That just goes to show that you should to ALWAYS start up Fraps before you fall asleep!

I for one welcome our new Mesozoic fish overlords.

MuToiD_MaN said:
That just goes to show that you should to ALWAYS start up Fraps before you fall asleep!
I tried to, but fraps keeps crashing on me >.<

Back