Ichtyosaurs in aftermath???

wildchild730 said:
WoW, last night I had a dream about a houndeye in hl2ep1..

Looked awesome :D Sorry no pics.. But it was very shiny ;)

Sadly enough, I was dreamt about EP1 :p
I was reading about it before I went to bed, and it was on my mind. Basically it was the final chapter - you, Alyx and a resistance fighter were on a wooden raft in a badly mapped sewer. An Ichthyosaur was chasing you, and it ate the resistance member.

You reached the other side, and got out. Suddenly Breen appeared on a platform and shouted something about it being the end for you, and then the Citadel exploded - knocking Breen off his platform, and then the place began to cave in...and then it ended.

Wierd. And sad.

:p

TheBleeding said:
I'd like to see them later on in some of the other Episodes. Maybe at a resevoir somewhere. But I do like the idea of them being in the canals.

I was really expecting to meet one in Water Hazard after nearly getting eaten by one in the teleportation incident. Everytime I was knocked out of my boat I would really panic to get back into it. You know the sort've panic where something is behind you, and you know its close, and you're just waiting to see the red lines appear at the bottom of the screen indicating you've been hit by something.

Quite frankly, I was in panic everytime I feel into the water. Anytime I did, I stood back and just waited for the thing to attack, but it never happened.

In HL1 they had it on a showcase, swimming in a tank. I would see why they wouldn't have one in a tank swimming around. You'd just be looking at it, then all of a sudden the glass breaks. :p

TheGMan. said:
Quite frankly, I was in panic everytime I feel into the water. Anytime I did, I stood back and just waited for the thing to attack, but it never happened.

In HL1 they had it on a showcase, swimming in a tank. I would see why they wouldn't have one in a tank swimming around. You'd just be looking at it, then all of a sudden the glass breaks. :p
I could see the fanfic now ...

Before Gordon could say anything the cracking glass gave out, pouring untold gallons of murky water onto the marble tiles. With it came the massive Ichthyosaur, and for a moment Gordon could swear he saw a gleam in the animal's eye as if in full comprehension of its newfound freedom. As the torrent subsided, Gordon watched in horror as the creature seemed to crawl about on its fins, slithering after him in the waist-deep water, like some final ironic proof of Darwinian evolution.

Tehn Gordon Freemen shot the final bosss in the head and walked real fast away, smiling.
To be continued ... ?

Samon, it'd be funnier if the Ichthyosaur jumped out of the water and snatched up Breen. Sorda like how Samuel L. Jackson got owned in "Deep Blue Sea". :p

Mutoid, that'd be suspesnful.

It'd be funnier if after it ate the resistance member is jumped out of the water and started doing a polka dance, and after, it went back into the water and shrunk and we had it for dinner, just the two of us, Samon.

This makes me want the Ichthyosaurs more. They are simply too awesome, Valve.

TheGMan. said:
Samon, it'd be funnier if the Ichthyosaur jumped out of the water and snatched up Breen. Sorda like how Samuel L. Jackson got owned in "Deep Blue Sea". :p

Mutoid, that'd be suspesnful.
Motherf*kn ichys on a motherf*kn boat.

MOTHER****IN HEADCRABS ON THE MOTHER****IN PLANE! THERE'S HEADCRABS ON THE MOTHER****IN PLANE! :p

I'd like the Icthryosaur to be in Ep.1, but then at the same time, I'd be scared shitless to jump into water, when needed. I had to scope out the water everytime I jumped in it on a few levels of HL2.

TheGMan. said:
I'd like the Icthryosaur to be in Ep.1, but then at the same time, I'd be scared shitless to jump into water, when needed.
Isn't that the point? That's what made Ichy great.

I don't think that's the point. There could be hidden treasure at the bottom of the sea, arghh.

I guess there might be a point, but what's the point of the zombies?

MuToiD_MaN said:
Motherf*kn ichys on a motherf*kn boat.
If HL2 would work for me right now, I swear to God I would have a movie of that made out of Gmod screenshots in this ****ing thread. I'VE HAD IT WITH THESE MOTHER ****ING ICKYS!

Back