Ichtyosaurs in E1

SsmitzZ

Reaction score
are they in aftermath ... im goin to buy it regardless but i realy hope they return? (can sumone give me a list of enemies in episode 1)

Nope. None that I saw, at least.

If you want a list of enemies, take everything that was in HL2 and add the Zombine.

Scanner
Shield Scanner
Manhack
CP
Overwatch
Elite Combine
Stalker (NEW)
APC (NEW in that you don't blow one up before)
Strider
Gunship
Dropship
Turrets
Celiing Turrets (NEW)
Hoppers
Rollermines
Zombie
Zombie Torso
Fast Zombie
Fast Zombie Torso (NEW)
Poison Zombie
Zombine (NEW)
Headcrab
Fast Headcrab
Poison Headcrab
Antlion
Antlion Guard

I don't know why people were complaining at the lack of enemies.
And for reference, the only ones missing were Attack Helicopter, Prison Guard Combine and Under-Floor Turrets.

That had ceiling turrets, but they had been there so long they ran out of bullets. Therefore where no threat to you.

if remember corectly you can spawn them in hl2

Neko! said:
That had ceiling turrets, but they had been there so long they ran out of bullets. Therefore where no threat to you.

I thought I saw one later in Urban Flight that you had to shoot. Or it may have been a camera. Either way... they're there, just like I included Dropships.

SsmitzZ said:
are they in aftermath ... im goin to buy it regardless but i realy hope they return? (can sumone give me a list of enemies in episode 1)
no new enemies dude.
well, there's the "zombine", but not really new, just a zombie that walks a little bit faster and carries around a grenade with it. (and drops it where ever he's standing, which sometimes ends up killing him and a bunch of other zombies in the area).

hasan said:
no new enemies dude.
well, there's the "zombine", but not really new, just a zombie that walks a little bit faster and carries around a grenade with it. (and drops it where ever he's standing, which sometimes ends up killing him and a bunch of other zombies in the area).
That's like saying there's no difference between normal, fast and poison headcrabs...

I dreamt of an Elite Posion Zombine last night, and I thought that I was in Episode One. Damn, I was so happy. I mean, if it wasn't a dream... woo. That'll be nice to fight... I guess.

EDIT: Anyway, APC blowing up is not new, because you could blow it up with the airboat in HL2, after you get the hunter-chopper cannon. You could also cheat and blow it up with rockets, of course, so it wasn't anything new.

hi_ted said:
That's like saying there's no difference between normal, fast and poison headcrabs...
well .. there really is no noticible difference between normal and fast headcrab (read: headcrab, not zombie). The poison headcrab is different, though.

bigburpco said:
EDIT: Anyway, APC blowing up is not new, because you could blow it up with the airboat in HL2, after you get the hunter-chopper cannon. You could also cheat and blow it up with rockets, of course, so it wasn't anything new.

Really? I never blew one up. Just ran away. :LOL:

hasan said:
well .. there really is no noticible difference between normal and fast headcrab (read: headcrab, not zombie). The poison headcrab is different, though.

the fast headcrabs are a lot faster, and do less damage. regular headcrabs are much slower.

they did that before too in regular hl2

When they were far away from any particlar target and came under fire, they'd attempt to scuttle away

Ceiling turrets aren't new. That room with the lasers in HL2 triggered a shitload of them to pop out if you tripped one.

Also, when do we get to fight fast zombie torsos? I don't remember seeing that, and since you never really get to hit one with a sawblade...

Maybe thats cause i skipped the dark scenes because the flashlight doesn't work on my comp

what I want to know is what kept the headcrabs and combine soldiers separated in the first game. did the working citadel provide each combine helmet with an anit-headcrab field or something that got shut down after its destruction?

Arcrath said:
Ceiling turrets aren't new. That room with the lasers in HL2 triggered a shitload of them to pop out if you tripped one.

You are correct. They do have a larger presence in this one though. I kept hearing the noise and spinning towards it before laughing in its face as it tried to shoot me.

Also, when do we get to fight fast zombie torsos? I don't remember seeing that, and since you never really get to hit one with a sawblade...

You don't fight them unless you do manage to chop one in half with explosions or the like. I spawned one just for the sake of it. :p

Rocketman9mm said:
what I want to know is what kept the headcrabs and combine soldiers separated in the first game. did the working citadel provide each combine helmet with an anit-headcrab field or something that got shut down after its destruction?

The Citadel kept all wasteland life out. And especially with no major power, I imagine a lot of Combine split from their squads and just got splatted by the sheer amount of headcrabs now in the area.

I doubt the Overwatch would ever have much trouble taking out headcrabs, or keeping them from chewing their heads off during the years they were in control. But with the Citadel in meltdown, the Combines connection with Earth severed and their communications system in absolute chaos the Overwatch would be scattered and their forces in complete disarray.

You saw the troop train that crashed in the tunnels, and the turrets that had ran out of ammo. They have been overwhelmed, and the Zombines act as a testament to the fact that the Combines control over Earth has been shaken.

Reginald said:
You don't fight them unless you do manage to chop one in half with explosions or the like. I spawned one just for the sake of it. :p

Do they crawl faster than regular zombies?

Samon said:
I doubt the Overwatch would ever have much trouble taking out headcrabs, or keeping them from chewing their heads off during the years they were in control. But with the Citadel in meltdown, the Combines connection with Earth severed and their communications system in absolute chaos the Overwatch would be scattered and their forces in complete disarray.

You saw the troop train that crashed in the tunnels, and the turrets that had ran out of ammo. They have been overwhelmed, and the Zombines act as a testament to the fact that the Combines control over Earth has been shaken.

Not to mention that they started shelling City 17 with Headcrab shells at the end of Half-Life 2. It's their own weapon, turned on them.

Yes, they used it during the Street war against the resistance. Ultimately the place became swarmed.

Just a correction to that list...

In Water Hazard you could blow up two APC's with the turret on your boat.

You know I was of the frame of mind that headcrabbed Combine soldiers made no sense. I mean you'd think the Combine would be willing to spend the money to equip it's troops with helmets that make them immune to one of the Combine's favorite weapons...

However...

I suppose that it isn't too much a stretch of the immagination to figure that a headcrab which can gnaw through someone's skull can also gnaw through a helmet. (ok, still unlikely, but believable)

Langolier said:
I suppose that it isn't too much a stretch of the immagination to figure that a headcrab which can gnaw through someone's skull can also gnaw through a helmet. (ok, still unlikely, but believable)
You know bone is pretty freakin' strong. If something can get through skull, I'd think it could get past a helmet. Or... maybe the Zombines had itches which they had to take their helmets off to scratch... and BAM! Game over.

There musn't be a lot in a soldier's head, I mean, the crabs eat the entire thing. :x

Flyingdebris said:
they did that before too in regular hl2

When they were far away from any particlar target and came under fire, they'd attempt to scuttle away

As far as I remember, Posion Headcrabs always just 'marched' up and down the area they were in. Before they see you [a host/target/human/whatever] they just stayed on the spot, somewhat bobbing, then after that they'd walk around for a bit. I never remember them scuttling away or anything.

Jeremyofmany said:
You know bone is pretty freakin' strong. If something can get through skull, I'd think it could get past a helmet. Or... maybe the Zombines had itches which they had to take their helmets off to scratch... and BAM! Game over.

Bone is very strong, yes, but plastic can be even stronger.

I guess the headcrabs have some sort of substance that disintegrates certain types of material. Conveniently enough for themselves, a Combine's helmet.

If a headcrab can bite and claw through Gordon's HEV and do damage, I don't see why they can't claw and bite their way through a soldier's helmet.

Back