If Half Life 2 were to be a bad game...

seed007

Reaction score
...this whole fiasco would be THE biggest dissapointment in gaming ever. After all of these problems and stuff it turned out to be a bad game. While I don't think its possible at this point (because of what we've seen in the videos) but...it would be a tradgedy...theres always mods ;)

Theres 0% chance of it being a bad game :thumbs:

More than enough playtesters and videos to prove it isn't.

I happen to agree. Even though the only thing I have seen about this game is the Bink videos, it has been more enteraining then 95% of games I have actually played. So the likeliness that HL2 would turn out to be a bad game, especially with the amount of talent on such a project, and the overall expansiveness of the undertaking, is very very slim.

Even if it's awful to play, it's still entertaining to watch (as shown by the BINK videos). I'll just get someone else to play it whilst I watch.

We'll I've played it, so I already know it's fing awesome

I dont think it would be a bad game, and besides this 'what if HL2 is bad!' type of post has been put up many times

I think seed007 is on drugs. Of some description. Possibly prescription, possibly Friday night pills.

I happen to think its going to be great. Im just saying if it actually IS bad or subpar at the least...a lot of people are going to be disappointed. Thats common knowledge anyway but...that would SUCK.

If it is bad, at least the nostalgia from HL1 will keep you going. Unlike Doom 3.

This is not Daikatana guys, stay calm... :cheese:

anyone remember daikatana? if so you know that hl2 has a very real possibility of being a bad game.

^I hate you

If it is bad then I will have wasted a large portion of my life salivating over it and its bink vids.

It can't get worse than doom3 anyway, so there's nothing to fear.

You could stick Sin in the same category as Daikatana as well.

If HL2 is bad, I won't buy it. I'll be a tad disappointed, but then I'll go spend my money on another AAA title.

if Half-Life 2 is a bad game, it'll be the greatest awful game of all time.

nutcrackr said:
If it is bad then I will have wasted a large portion of my life salivating over it and its bink vids.

Not necessarilly wasted. The anticipation is usually more than half the enjoyment.

It's not a bad game. The review mentioned on the front news page said its more than what they expected.

Playing the scenes of the binks alone would be more fun than any recent game (ok, except for a few like RTW) ... hell even watching the binks is more entertaining.

And the question is not whether or not HL2 is gonna be a good game, no, the question is whether or not it will live up to the expectations, and that is strictly personal.

It wont matter. The first one wasnt a supergood game, its just the popularity of the mods has extended the longevity of the game.

I mean, its not actually hl that is the most popular game on the internet, its CS and DOD mods. Noone plays hl death match anymore. If valve had been as tight as EA with the SDK, HL would just have been that heaps fun game i played back in 99.

This game could be an avi of Valve uninstalling their firewall and network security systems and putting a page up saying "please steal our source code" and it will still sell hundreds of thousands of copys, and be popular for years with mods.

if its bad theres always multipalyer/mods...but I don't think we have to worry too much

IF HL2 is bad, then I think we're gonna have some Columbine-like behaviour. It's sad, and I'm not being a retard or insensitive to those tragedies, it's just that some kids take this way too seriously. Still, that's one HUGE if.

Petabyte said:
It's not a bad game. The review mentioned on the front news page said its more than what they expected.
mabey it was more bad then they expected

Xac493 said:
mabey it was more bad then they expected

Um, the question was *Is it what you expected?* Reply: More

That means its better than he thought..

lol I know, I just found it funny people interperting alll the diffrent stuff diffrently so I figured I'd give it a shit

...this whole fiasco would be THE biggest dissapointment in gaming ever. After all of these problems and stuff it turned out to be a bad game. While I don't think its possible at this point (because of what we've seen in the videos) but...it would be a tradgedy...theres always mods

Sounds like you're describing Doom 3 there .... :p

czrsink said:
You could stick Sin in the same category as Daikatana as well.

Daikatana was possibly the worst game for its time. It was like a Wet Fart version of Doom. . . .

No chance it will be bad end of story.

Back