IF Halo2 is avaiable B4 HL2, which will you get.

Which will you get first: Halo 2 or Half-life 2?

• Half-life 2! XBOX SUXXORS

Votes: 73 74.5%
  • Halo 2! Im not waiting any more, this will just hold me over

Votes: 23 23.5%
  • Halo 2! Im not getting Half-life 2 and I have no clue why Im here...

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None- Im just stupid ;-)

Votes: 2 2.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Well it seems that 2 of the greatest games ever (supposedly :) ) are coming out soon. By the looks of it, we'll be seeing Halo 2 before Half-life 2. So, if Halo 2 comes out on November 9th, and Half-life 2 comes out like two weeks later, which will you get first?

Halo 2 doesn't interest me, definently getting Half-Life 2.

Well considering how I dont have any consoles...I would pick HL2.

Bit of a stupid question since hl2 wouldnt yet be available in your proposed senario.

Another good game will be coming out for PS2 some time, KillZone. Those 3 games would probably be the greatest games ever IMO. If Halo 2 comes out before HL2 I will get Halo 2.

Cheta said:
Bit of a stupid question since hl2 wouldnt yet be available in your proposed senario.

The point is Im asking whether you would wait for Half-life 2 or not...whats stupid? *runs away crying* ;-)

lol you are askign that question on a half life 2 fan site.
LOL

Second option. And I wouldn't even say it would "hold me over". I'm pretty confident that Halo 2 will have the ability to satisfy me as its own game, rather than being treated as some kind of appetizer before HL2.

I'd buy both.

why compete with HL2 and halo 2? they are both on different systems and are both good games either way :thumbs:

While this thread is sure to get moved, I'll add my $0.02.

I think that Halo 1 is a much better game all around when compared to HL1, but the comparison isn't even really fair because:
1) Halo wouldn't exist in it's current form if it weren't for HL1.
2) The games came out so many years apart that there was so much room for improvement.

HL1 and Halo 1 are two of my favorite games ever, and I'm looking forward to both of the sequels. I think Halo 2 will be available before HL2, but I still plan on getting both. But if I HAD to choose between the two, I would have to go with Halo 2 because I liked the story more, and the AI has me still playing the original on a regular basis. I can't say the same for HL1 (which I only play about once a year now).

I'm sure this isn't a very popular POV around here, but I think you really have to give Bungie credit for making such an outstanding game for a console system.

NOTE: All Halo 1 references were refering to the console version, not the dirty-bitch-sister PC version.

I'm hopelessly hyped up for both of them, and I'll try getting them both.

i would get halo2 before hl2 (cos its released before) if they made it for pc. damn xboxes. but hl2 and halo2 both on their respective pc release dates for me.

I have halo on Pc and whays everyones gripe with it? i think its alright, although i admitedly havn't got too far through the game yet if the problems come later on.

Il probably get both, but if i had to pick one, it'd be Half-life 2... i think Halo 2 will be more of the same with similar graphics as its still limited to the Xbrick., And no where near as good as Half-life 2.

Halo 2 got lleaked on the net today lol, so im guessing thats a release for you. but id get both even though i hate my xbox and love my ps2

What kind of question is this. If you are on these forums you should know the answer...

Seriously guys, halo was a solid game, and i am a very big fan of it, and can't wait for halo 2, to compare halo2 to HL2 is (i think i've heard it before) like comparing apples to oranges...they're too different, not in genre, but in who the fans are, and who they appeal too, halo 2 is not going to be a game that has AWSOME physics or AWSOME graphics, but just another great game...plz try not to pan it, just because you think hl2 will be better.

L337_Assasain said:
Seriously guys, halo was a solid game, and i am a very big fan of it, and can't wait for halo 2, to compare halo2 to HL2 is (i think i've heard it before) like comparing apples to oranges...they're too different, not in genre, but in who the fans are, and who they appeal too, halo 2 is not going to be a game that has AWSOME physics or AWSOME graphics, but just another great game...plz try not to pan it, just because you think hl2 will be better.

Pc gamers have been VERY bitter for years over what microsoft did to halo. No matter how good halo 2 is its not going to be as good as halo would have been if they had just finished developing it and released it on pc. I dont care if fallout ****ing 3 comes out on xbox, I still wont buy one.

well lets see...maybe if H2 was coming out on pc i'd consider...oh, who am i kidding...i probably won't even be done with D3 before HL2 comes out - i'm not looking to kill that much time, and i'm certainly not going out and buying an x-box just for that one game...

I don't have an Xbox. even if I did, I wouldn't get an FPS on it cuz the controls are shit. And i waited and got Halo for PC and liked it. I wish they had just kept it for PC in the first place though. I'll just wait for the pc one.

Both!

Halo was so nice, I bought it twice and I've been playing Half-Life and associates for 6 years running!

Another pointless poll. why you ask?? Cause me getting BOTH!! If Halo 2 before HL2 then Halo 2 first...If Half-life 2 before Halo 2 then Half-life 2 first. Though I believe Halo 2 and Half-life 2 will be released really close to each other..which means DOUBLE GOOD for me :) WEEEEEE!

Homer said:
Pc gamers have been VERY bitter for years over what microsoft did to halo. No matter how good halo 2 is its not going to be as good as halo would have been if they had just finished developing it and released it on pc. I dont care if fallout ****ing 3 comes out on xbox, I still wont buy one.
...I never said that you should buy an Xbox...
But halo was a very good game, had quite a few glitches. But they can't really be blamed, they were rushed, i'm sure if Valve released HL2 a year ago it would have not been as good if they were to hold out, too, it still would have been great though.

If Halo 2 comes out 1st (for pc) it wouldnt make any difference i would still buy both.

the results of this poll says a lot about this forum.. grow up already.
Homer said:
Who has the money to go buy a xbox?
you own a pc. a pc capable of playing half-life 2. *you* have the money to go buy an xbox.

where is the option for
"I already bought Hl2 through steam and am voting in this poll between games of CS:Source" ?

They actually just released a new port to connect a mouse and keyboard so that you can play gaylo2 on the xbox with mouse and keyboard.
Heres is the link http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/6918/Play-Halo-on-Xbox-with-a-Keyboard-Mouse

I played halo. It was very over rated because it was one of the first games that came out for xbox so it became big due to the fact that all the little kids bought it because they had nothing else to play besides abes oddessy. Haha. Xbox is for little kids that don't know how to operate a pc. Halo was a very redundant game. Just felt like it was the exact same level over and over with just a different look.

So the thing that made halo1 so big was that it was the first and only fps on xbox at that time. It could never compare to HalfLife2 basically because you can't mod xbox games. And once the single player is done and gets boring you have a boring mp. With half life 2, once the singleplayer is done, you have a huge mod community that will keep hl2source mod games growing with new and exciting mods for everyones flavor. I am not even going to bother with halo2. I am still hooked on css.

Back