If HL2 were leaked ... Would you play it???

If Half Life 2 were leaked, would you play it???

• HELL YESS!!! I could not take the suffering!!

Votes: 126 39.0%
  • HELL NO!!! I'm a law abiding citizen!!!

Votes: 131 40.6%
  • Maybe, just a smidge ...

Votes: 66 20.4%

• Total voters

Platinum

Reaction score
Well, if somehow the full and perfect copy of Half Life 2 was released onto the net, would you play it?? Would you be tempted but be able to control yourself??? I realize that HL2 would never get leaked, and if it did, the forums would be full of spoilers.

I think if it DID get leaked, I would leave the forums till the release, as well as not play it until the release. But boy would I be tempted ...

What's your two cents??? :naughty: :smoking:

I would be tempted but I would be able to control it.

What am I saying... :rolling: Of course not.

I would absolutly play it. I would also buy it when it came out, if for nothing else because of the mods, but I would sure as hell play it.

i would probably install..play a little...then urm..play more. I mean if it wasnt illegal and valve leaked it. AS for warez..no, dont like the sh*t.

No, because then they would have the right to take my $90.

Never. Valve deserve my money. In fact, I'm not even sure the £40 I paid for the silver package is enough, given the quantity and quality of the games I'm getting for it. I'm having immense fun with CS:S and I can safely say Half-Life 2 is going to be the best shooter I've ever played (possibly best PC game, full-stop). I seriously feel like donating a bit more money to Valve separately.

i think that hl2 will be have a leaked version but valve will quickly kill it :borg:

I would dl/play it definately. Then I might buy it when (or if) it gets released

ne0_shiny said:
i think that hl2 will be have a leaked version but valve will quickly kill it :borg:

How can you leak something that isn't connected to the web, or for that matter get it out of VALVe?

I'd definately wait for it to be officially released on Steam. I had some small urges to DL the beta months ago, but I never did it. No, I'm not preaching my "goodness" or whatever.

I just want the HL2 experience to be fresh from when I can double-click Half-Life 2 in My Games.

Letters said:
Nah, I'm too lazy for warez.

Same here, I basically have all hl2 on my hdd right now from the preloads, I can't be arsed to redownload it ;)

I guess if its a perfect copy and i'd already payed for it over steam, yeah sure, why not?

Hmmm.. now I see why everyone was like "Why'd you make two threads?"... anyway I voted no. :)

I would play just up to after the into... I'm dieing to know how they introduced HL2... I dont' want to be sitting in a train again for 7 minutes.. that was just crazy... awesome... but crazy

i've already paid full price for the game, and it still doesn't have a release date. i'd play it

I already bought it. Why the **** would it be wrong for me to play it?

I'm assuming here, of course, that we're talking about one of the release candidates that are being tested. If it's the alpha version... nah. Too much of a hassle to get working.

hell yes, I already forked out 120 for two silvers, why the hell not?

(if it were the final version, not some beta/rc candidate)

dumbass

InFeRnO said:
Uh, it WAS already leaked...and no. What a retarded thread.
your the retarded one----idiot. he corrected himself, and i think this brings out some good points for a thread. But, whatever, you are too ignorant to see that.

anyways, i would play it for sure, no doubt in my mind.

If it was the final, or as good as, then yes, I would.
And why not? I already paid for it..

Yah, Napoleon, InFeRnO is an ass. Lets look a sample of his recent posts:

"Why dont you cry a little more"
"When there's something of actual interest to talk about I will."
"...hmm maybe then there would be some intelligent conversations?"
"Ah cry about it, every dev deals with it."
"This thread is stupid."
"What a dumb thread. This one is probably the stupidest one I've seen produced by this forum today"
"You're full of sh*t."
"Some of you kids will never learn."
"WTF kind of question is that, seriously."
"HAHAHAHA BullS**T!" (That was to me! And I was tellin the truth)

These are not carefully selected or pulled out of context just to make him look bad. A very high percentage of his posts are abusive. What a jerk.

full and perfect copy of Half Life 2
I guess some people missed that part.
He isn't talking about a partial leak or anything but the full version..

If it was leaked, and completely playable from start to begining, that would probably mean that it is out or is going to come out within a week, so no.

nope. even if i had to wait until after March 2005 i would not touch it. in fact, i wouldn't go near my computer so i wouldn't be tempted to d/l it. :borg:

i would most probably play it. i already intend on buying the gold package, and will do in any case. if the game was ready and was being delayed for whatever reason then i would really crack under the pressure. even tho i don't think its morally wrong if i entend on buying the game, i still feel it would be better if i got the paid for copy first..

Back