If HL2 were leaked ... Would you play it???

If Half Life 2 were leaked, would you play it???

• HELL YESS!!! I could not take the suffering!!

Votes: 126 39.0%
  • HELL NO!!! I'm a law abiding citizen!!!

Votes: 131 40.6%
  • Maybe, just a smidge ...

Votes: 66 20.4%

• Total voters
i probably would, i mean i already payed for silver and i might have looked at the beta before, though if they made an announcement it was coming soon i'd wait

Would I play it? It's hard to say. On the one hand, I'd find it very tempting, and I do mean very tempting! On the other hand, I'd be worried that the leak would be buggy or otherwise incomplete and could potentially ruin the experience.

I'm pretty dead set against warez as it is, so I could probably find the will power to wait until the official, complete, bug-free release.

Think about it tho.... Lets say it goes gold..... and then of course its finished, but VU decided to hold it till March.... Valve may not care if we dl it, they have our money, VU don't

well for once where getting a game in a few min of its release :D who already bought the pack wont even have time to leech it cos ull get the original sooner :)

Well, i dont see why i shouldnt do that since ive already paid for the Silver package...

You guys should understand that the RC1 has been leaked already. I don't have it, I don't want to have it, but it is out there and readily available. Don't bother asking where to find it, I won't tell you. I've already payed for my Silver package, and I won't touch anything that doesn't come from Steam. That's self-control.

Everyone saying they wouldn't, at least 1/4 of them would.

I wouldn't play it. I have already payed for it... but I'd wait until the official release :)

Hah... Its not "IF" Its "When" Every single game has been leaked. I have downloaded alot of games... and i think i will download hl2 too but i will for sure buy it too ^^ (actually i have alredy ordered it)

Yes. And buy it whenever it comes out. (With the exception of a release within 2 weeks of the warez release, then I would just wait).

Alieni² said:
Hah... Its not "IF" Its "When" Every single game has been leaked. I have downloaded alot of games... and i think i will download hl2 too but i will for sure buy it too ^^ (actually i have alredy ordered it)

yeh but it'll undoubtedly be leaked AFTER the release of the game, meaning 99% of people here would already have it.

would play it if they not release the game within 6 month,, and problaby i will forget about Hl2 later... go on with my life :)

Dr0ndeh said:
yeh but it'll undoubtedly be leaked AFTER the release of the game, meaning 99% of people here would already have it.

True true

Most Definitely!!! I would still buy a legal copy though. :cheese:

And a note to those who try to justify downloading an illegal copy because you've "already paid for it" - just think of how you'd be downloading it....if you use any P2P or BT software (more than likely), then you'd be helping to distribute the illegal copy to dozens of people, most of whom probably have no intention of buying it legally......kinda throws your justification out the window, huh? :E

For this game i would not dowanload it or eaven thing about downloading it but for any other game like doom 3 i would hehhhehehehehehe

HELL NO!!! I'm a law abiding citizen!!!

no way, i am getting the final product officialy.

yeah i would i preordered that game last year in october and i have a ati voucher so i wouldnt feel the slightest guilt

I dnt like this type of poll lol. ppl that say no 90% of the time only say no coz the temptation isnt there but if it wos they would feeeeeeeeel the temptation. so i said yes coz if it did i probably wouldjust get the urge to. (only a lil bit tho.....yea right!)

Well, I've already paid $140 (one Gold and one Bronze) for it....so, I'm gonna be honest and say yes, I would most likely download and play it.

KurtCobain said:
I dnt like this type of poll lol. ppl that say no 90% of the time only say no coz the temptation isnt there but if it wos they would feeeeeeeeel the temptation. so i said yes coz if it did i probably wouldjust get the urge to. (only a lil bit tho.....yea right!)

I honestly wouldn't download it :| And if i did, and we got a virus, mum would kick my ass :|

if hl2 was delayed again (until '05) then yes i would cancell my preorder and just download it....

Am I the only one that knows about the RC1 leak? I know a guy who has already beaten HL2 (RC1), he made vids to prove it and told me where I could download it. (not telling) I will not download it because it is illegal and I would rather a non-glitchy final release anyway, but why does noone else know this?

I'm not lying, it's already leaked. Learn to read the posts. It's out there, but don't bother with it. Wait for the final; it will give you a tingly feeling inside saying that you have done something right, avoided pirating software. Especially Valve's.

I would probably play it, I mean, they're getting my cash anyway and I'll just delete that version once I get the real one. What's the problem if you're going to play the game anyway?

muka3d said:
I'm not lying, it's already leaked. Learn to read the posts. It's out there, but don't bother with it. Wait for the final; it will give you a tingly feeling inside saying that you have done something right, avoided pirating software. Especially Valve's.

yes...thats the anon version, there's also ones claming that theres a RC leak but its just a repacked / renammed version of anon...

I'm actually not that fond of playing leaked or hacked stuff and if I only had a confirmed releasedate for H-L 2, I wouldn't play it. But now, since the wait has been so long and they still aren't able to tell us whether there's a couple of weeks, months or years left - well, that starts to get to me and since they're leaving us in the dark - H*LL YEAH - I would play it !!! (But the important thing is that it wouldn't keep me from buying it when they actually manage to get the game out to the stores !)

Back