If I were an Xbox 360 owner, what games would I want?

Reaction score
I've been considering getting a 360 for some time now. Looking for titles coming out by Xmas or March '07 at the latest that are highly anticipated.

The only one I know of is GoW releasing tomorrow. I don't know Assassin's Creed release date, Mass Effect's or Bioshock's. Same goes for any other titles that you 360 gamers might be looking forward to. I don't even know what titles that are already out that are "must-haves" to 360 gamers..

Rainbow Six: Vegas comes out next week, and I think Call of Duty 3 comes out tomorrow.

Yeah i'm finished uni for the year next week and i'm very interested in getting an Xbox 360 ( or maybe a Wii ).

Two games i really want to get are Dead Rising and Gears of War.

But beyond that, what other games are there?

A PS3 or better comp.

better comp screw consoles, you will praise me later.

P.S.

I might get a wii :p

Must haves:

Saints Row - A better GTA
Dead Rising - Zombies!

I'm getting Nameo tonight, looks like it might tie me over till Zelda.

Saint's Row

...Condemned: Criminal Origins

I've had most fun with Dead Rising, Saint's Row and PES6. Other than the games you mentioned, Lost Planet looks awesome. There's a very early build available on Live to try out which looks and plays very well. The finished game will blow us away :)

I've been considering getting a 360 for some time now. Looking for titles coming out by Xmas or March '07 at the latest that are highly anticipated.

The only one I know of is GoW releasing tomorrow. I don't know Assassin's Creed release date, Mass Effect's or Bioshock's. Same goes for any other titles that you 360 gamers might be looking forward to. I don't even know what titles that are already out that are "must-haves" to 360 gamers..
We seem to have pretty similar tastes, those are the 4 games I'm looking forward to the most right now :)

Among the games that are already out (and that I've played), I'd recommend Saint's Row, Dead Rising and Splinter Cell: DA (if you're into the series... but I've heard the Xbox version is superior >_>). Saint's Row and Dead Rising are both great open-world type games with plenty to do and tons of replay value. I preferred Saint's Row because Dead Rising can be very restrictive with it's objectives and some of the combat was pretty frustrating (especially the bosses). The zombie killing itself is great fun though. Saint's Row on the other hand is maybe a little light on the difficulty (it's been lent to me for a couple weeks and I'm on almost 80% completion, which includes secret items that I'm not even gonna attempt to find :)), however it is great fun and it has a big emphasis doing whatever the hell you want, when you want. You can hop on and just play for any amount of time and get something out of it, it lets you save often and anywhere (which I do... couple of freezes set me back >_<).

Splinter Cell... like I said, it's cool if you like the series. Read some reviews to get the jist of it, but it's not gonna appeal to you any more than the previous games since the core gameplay is mostly the same. Oh, except in this one you can drag and enemy down through thin ice from below and stab him in the heart. Freakin cool :cool:

Yeah, definitely Dead Rising and Saints Row. GRAW's good fun for a SP game, but don't go looking for much in the MP. PGR3's also fantastic, even if you're not a racing game fan. I'm not, and I still think it's brilliant.

Yeah, GRAW's good fun in SP for awhile, but like Axyon said it lacks depth in MP. Best bet is to wait for R6: Vegas, which is out soon and looks to be a big improvement while using most of the same features (use of cover, squad tactics, absense of a decent plot...).

Also, the tail end of the campaign in GRAW was pretty weak, I thought, and even though the earlier levels are alot of fun the replay value decreases once you've played through a certain amount. You gradually get used to the way combat works and it loses all it's depth since you can survive 95% of all firefights by using the same methods over and again...

But yeah, it's awesome fun for awhile atleast.

A PS3 or better comp.

Yeah, the PS3 and a better computer are great games. :| C'mon, man, if you're going to atleast try to make an insult to the 360 don't answer your own question completly wrong.

Personally, I'm looking forward to playing BF2:MC, Dead Rising, Saints Row, Assasins Creed, Lost Planet and perhaps Gears of War.

Here are the games I put on my xmas list (listed in order of want)

PGR3
Dead Rising
Saints Row
FIFA 07
Gears of War
Splinter Cell: Double Agent (dunno when it comes out, still put it on the list)
Madden 07
GRAW
Test Drive: Unlimited
Call of Duty 3 (Dunno when it comes out)

I am in the same boat. I want a 360, but can't justify the expenditure for like 2 games (Gears of War/Dead Rising). I am waiting for the price drop, but if Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, and Mass Effect come out first (or even just one of them), then I will likely pick it up no matter what. I definitely want Gears of War from what I have now seen and heard from reviewers on the Internets. I had always thought of it in the wrong terms and hated it, but now that I understand what they were going for, I am much more into it. Its going to be a system seller for sure.

Man, COD3 is coming out already or what? I swear I saw the first screens for that like a month ago...

I agree with Victim now on Gears of War. The worst part is that after this lesson I'm going to have to mention it to my mate, my mate being the guy I have been repeatidly saying that it looks quite mediocre. :(

Dead or Alive 4
I'd actually recommend not purchasing this, unless you like your DOA twice as fast with half the precision and ten times as many "aww shit now I'm being hit in midair for like 30 seconds and I'ma lose" moments.

I think COD3 comes out... today? I can't remember. Maybe it's a week from now. Looks cool though.

DoA4 is a mixed bundle. Don't buy it for single player depth. The AI is pretty infuriating at times, even on the lowest setting (it goes normal, hard, very hard). The final boss is a controller breaker (tag teamed with mr. wall). Beyond beating story mode till you unlock all the characters and costumes, there's not a whole lot to keep you coming back (although time attack/survival modes are there if you really want).

Good points - the fighting mechanics are good and the moves are smooth and satisfying (especially counters, if you manage to pull em off). 2 player is a blast, both vs. and tag team. Multi would be great if it wasn't lagged to hell, but some people seem to get on fine with it so maybe not everyone has problems.

I give it 2 1/2 bouncing breasts out of 5!

... Don't ask me where I got the 1/2.

Edit - Also, what Stigmata said.

Only thing I would be interested in is gears of war & I can't see myself shelling out $460 +tax for one game imo.

Back