If they make Alyx playable...

eber said:
i would hate the idea of an expansion for alyx. ive heard her talking in hl2 ,would be annoying if she couldnt talk anymore :)

That's a pretty good point. I was all for an "Alyx expansion"...but now that you mention this, geez, I think you're right. I guess it depends on how developed her her role is in HL2.

If her role is small, than an expansion might open some doors and develope her character for future Half Life's. But if she has a main role, and expansion might not work as well.

How about a Dr. Judith Mossman expansion? ;)

---

Side note:

Shepherd is a must as others have said.

only in addons

I think that it could be fun to play with Alyx but only in a addon and not in a orginal Halflife game. Halflife is Gordon Freeman and nobody else.

And i would like they bring back Shepard in a addon.

I have played opposing forces more than i have played any other game in history!
I have won it more than 15 times on max difficulty! BRING BACK SHEPARD!!!

An expansion for alyx would be good, it would be different to play as a female! And I don't know what would happen with gorden talking. I am however against having an expansion before HL2, i like the story to continue in chronological order!

Also, I think we have a problem with all these remakes. It seems to me that all of the developers these days spend their time doing sequals. It would be good to have some new expansions instead of VALVE taking up all of their time doing sequals!

Mail to Gabe:

WE WANT SHEPARD! :stare:
WE WANT BARNEY! :upstare:

[Perfect english]
Nou Separd
Nou Baarnii
Nou Aliks
Nou Änänäs
[/Perfect english]

I want to play as G-Man wandering inside Black Mesa and experience things between HL1 and HL2 :O
That would be so cool.

I will give it a miss.I am male and only identify with natural fighting male characters when playing games like this.

Sieni said:
I want to play as G-Man wandering inside Black Mesa and experience things between HL1 and HL2 :O
That would be so cool.

that wouldn't leave you much time to explore BMRF since it was nuked in Op4.

I didn't say "wandering in Black Mesa between HL1 and HL2". Read and think.

You fools!! Is not Adrian Shepard, it's Adrien Shepard!

Um, no.

It is, always has been, and always will be Adrian Shephard.

Although I personally tend to spell "Shephard" as "Shepherd", which is the way I've always spelt it, and makes more sense to me, seeing as it originates from the term "Sheep Herd"...

Am I the only one that isn't exactly looking forward to playing as Alyx in an expansion?

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I dislike her character or think that she'd be boring. But to take a set character and then put you in their shoes doesn't make much sense, because you and Alyx most likely don't have similar personalities. Of course, if the expansion would be a prequel to HL2, then this isn't much of an issue since you can assume that her character has changed during the time between the prequel and HL2.

Personally, however, I'd prefer to play as Adrian, who is a blank slate that you fill in (like Gordon), or a completely new character.

First of all, we can all deduce based on the gameplay of half-life and from what the developers are saying that gordon freeman will be the only playable character. That is the whole point of half-life, you are in a continuous story progressing throughout the game without any interuptions (no cutscenes, no "end-level-score-calculations"). It would be possible to play as Alyx in an add on as so many of you have already said it. That would actually be a good idea.

[As for the "bring back Shephard" chant by many of you. I think there is a chance of him being in Half-Life 2. Sort of like and easter egg thing for the people who played everything Half-Life related. I mean who knows, we could even get to see poor Shephard still stuck in Xen or maybe in a comma lying on an operating table for some sick combine experiment. I mean, who knows ;) ]

Anyway. Do any of you remember Max Payne 2? The way it just switched to the female player in the middle of the game. Now that sucked among the many things that were wrong with the game. But anyway that's getting off topic.

Back