If Valve has nothing new to offer at E3...

Netherscourge

Reaction score
...should we be concerned? I really think Valve HAS to have something for us at home to chew on. Something NEW. Something we can get our hands on.

Be it a HL2 Benchmarking tool, the SDK, a playable Demo Level, or at the very least a never before released Movie Demostration, similar to LAST years E3.

It's been too long since we had anything tangible to even LOOK at. They have to step up to the plate and keep us interested.

Just recently they said that they'd be unveiling something new at E3, so you need not worry anymore.

Check the newest post in the Valve Info thread, they've got new stuff. And he speaks about new stuff before E3 too, so the magazines really do have a hands on preview.

as they said in the newest email that was posted they seem to have tons of info coming at us and its not even going to be all at e3. If you read the email it says that alot of new info will be coming before e3 too and material which could mean the sdk.

Can't wait untill the 29th.

Well, actually its most likely gona be on the 26th or something like that when the subscribers get their issues and post stuff on the web. Gona be a great time! :D

Even if Valve didn't release anything new at this year's E3, I still wouldn't be worried. It would only mean more surprises when you actually play HL2...

true but you know ur gonna be waiting whole days this month waiting for new material, just a tiny glimpse of a new official polished scene, new areas, new weapons, new stuff, multiplayer, or whatever they decide to show, even a zip of 10 screenshots would keep me happy right now lol

G0rgon said:
I 'm hoping for some MP information.
I'd rather they kept MP under wraps. I'd really like to find out when I get the game instead of finding out months in advance... Just as long as it's good :D

theres just one problem with that latest email from valve saying new info is coming.......its from darth lombardi

i think they will reveal multiplayer secrets, that would be so cool.

Yeh, multiplayer would be the best thing to show, because it doesn't spoil the storyline or anything, and gets us more phsyced about it instead of the already jaw dropping single player.

I think it would be cool to see the scenes from the original bink videos without the various issues that have been pointed out that Valve has been fixing in the last few months. (Placeholders, etc.)

goddamn. i want this game! :D

fortunately, the end of april is near and we'll get some new info.

Note! None of this was actually said

-December 11, 2004

Doug: The planned release of the SDK is still on for the 20th!

-December 15, 2004

No, there will not be a delay this time around

-December 19, 2004

Everyone! Upgrade your computers for SDK! It's coming tomorrow!

-December 20, 2004

-January 24th, 2005

I am sorry to announce that there were some delays. You will all see the SDK SOON!

-January 28th, 2005

SDK planned release for Spring

-March 30th, 2005

Yes! The planned release is still on! Buy more upgrades!

-May E3

Yes, finaly we will give you what you all want! Multiplayer! <-- Which turns out to suck

-July 15th, 2005

Half-Life 2 has been cancled

This is where people begin mass suicide...

i doubt its going to be as amazing this time as it was the first time we saw hl2. Hopefully though, the'll do some very un valve like (ie release a demo) that will blow out brains away.

I really hope they release somthing great.. I love the 8 page discussions..

I would cry if we ended up waiting for this game for a greater length of time than we play it. Here's hoping the next installment of the Half-Life story lasts as long as the first...

Cutey_Kaite said:
i doubt its going to be as amazing this time as it was the first time we saw hl2. Hopefully though, the'll do some very un valve like (ie release a demo) that will blow out brains away.
i am optimistic, so i disagree.. i think we've seen a tiny part of a tiny part of half-life 2, and i bet they will wow our pants off all over again. i never played the beta, but i did look over the source code... there's a LOT we haven't seen or heard of.

I think the best thing they will anounce at E3 is that Hl2 is infact Gold.

all the recent events have made me optomistic.

Facts:

1. CS:CZ released
2. final binks released
3. Magazines report "playtests"
4. NDA on the magazines
5. PC Gamer says "Soon"
6. Valve start to answer emails again
7. Valve revealing new Info will be made available before and during E3.
8. Hl2 Box Art is finalised
9. "Grand master status" Rumour
10. people invited to Valve HQ.

Or i could be hideously wrong...... :sleep:

Spiffae said:
dougy, i hope you're right.
Yes, we all do, and I don't really think CZ being released has anything to do with HL2. Valve wasn't really involved... Busy with HL2... So maybe it is a good thing afterall? :p

The least they could do is release some videos. I kinda like the idea of releasing updated versions of the old videos so we can see what an extra year has bought us in comparison. New textures, improved AI, etc. It would be a clever way of valve saying, Hey, it took another year, but look how butta it is. Or something...

Gossoon said:
The least they could do is release some videos. I kinda like the idea of releasing updated versions of the old videos so we can see what an extra year has bought us in comparison. New textures, improved AI, etc. It would be a clever way of valve saying, Hey, it took another year, but look how butta it is. Or something...
They should save that for E3. Or is that what you meant?
Man I can't wait to see what new stuff will be at E3!!! But wait, how long does it take to get the E3 video online? And how long will we have to wait in line at FilePlanet? :x :x

On the night of the first day of E3 (The actual floor convention not the conference) a little dutch site called Gamer.nl spammed screenshots from the presentation, the movies had been obtained from Gamespot and uploaded to an FTP on irc by around 1am, so dont worry.

vegeta897 said:
They should save that for E3. Or is that what you meant?
Man I can't wait to see what new stuff will be at E3!!! But wait, how long does it take to get the E3 video online? And how long will we have to wait in line at FilePlanet? :x :x

That's what I meant, kind of. They should have new gameplay vids at E3, but maybe release updated ones additionally.
It might take them awhile to get new vids Binkified. I don't know. At that point, I'll just be happy with a description of new stuff.

Gossoon said:
That's what I meant, kind of. They should have new gameplay vids at E3, but maybe release updated ones additionally.
It might take them awhile to get new vids Binkified. I don't know. At that point, I'll just be happy with a description of new stuff.
Same here, I don't think I've ever been so information needy regarding a game before.

Hmm they could "just" be releasing new screenshots.. That would be dull after all the vids.

etc?

i think they would have a hard time keeping a crowd at BOTH the ATI booth, and the Valve booth at E3 with a slide show of screenshots. the fact that they are showing at two booths leads me to believe that they will most certainly have something playable... multiplayer perhaps?

vegeta897 said:
Yes, we all do, and I don't really think CZ being released has anything to do with HL2. Valve wasn't really involved... Busy with HL2... So maybe it is a good thing afterall? :p

im guessing he just included cs cz to show that valve is ready to sell games on steam and distribute them :D

I still think that they are going to be showing off the SDK in action, something like that, maybe they make a level and then play it right there at E3.

They wouldnt hold out, it'll be awesomeness time.

Back