If you could invent anything what would it be?

Hey come on, the thread title says anything ... a guy can dream, cant he?

I couldnt live with perfection, it would just make me look bad. :p

An edible bed that grew back over the day, and showers which dry you (like a massive hand dryer built in)

SimonomiS said:
He used it for THE stupidest things though! I could think of millions of better things to do with a time-freezing watch. :naughty:
And the thing about X-Ray specs is, wouldnt they make you see through everything and thus see nothing at all?

They are x-ray glasses, not black hole glasses. lol
:D

I would like to invent a virtual reality glasses and room with some kind of huge trackball to stand on so when you walk or run in the game , but you don't run into the wall irl.

The ultimate 3D experience with a decent mock up of some real world locations and with simulated machine guns. 1 for each hand, they would be like the input devices.

but you could walk down the street and just straight get in a fight with some dude, just cold punch him in the face, then you start fighting(no guns version) then you do like some karate kid shit and kick his ass. If you get hit the screen can blur and replicate eye damage, but other than that you dont feel pain so thats why its so cool!
Alright just imagine something convincingly like real life, but you can do whatever you want. you are invincable? and people run in fear and terror when they see what you have become :flame: becuase you are bullet proof.

or.. you could just lose the game if you take too much damage. :D

Shoot! Kill! rob! run! maim!

I would invent warp speed or whatever they use on startrek, then just top it off with artifical gravity.

A disease that was highly contagious, would spread across the world's population within a week, and removed 'bad' greed.

By that I mean greed to have more money than the next man, that kinda thing. Not greed for knowledge and technoloy, which we need to move forward as a species.

If not then it'd have to be the stick of lethal percunities.

I would invent....

A new kind of potato chip. :D

I would invent a time machine, go back in time before humans walked the earth and then invent the internet!

EAT THAT AL GORE! :p

Maybe instead of a Time Machine, a quicksave/quickload machine! Same idea, except just two buttons, and you could F6, do something stupid, then F7! Hilarity ensues. Of course, you can hit the wrong button (Which I did in Half Life a few times) leading to much frustation.

Mash potato making machine.

You stick in potatos, milk and butter. Out pops mash.

mmmmmmmmmm :)

Raziaar said:
I would invent the invention that would automatically invent every good invention that would be invented throughout the rest of time.
Welcome to the world of paradoxes...
See, as soon as you do that, then all the inventions that WOULD have been invented in the future, would have already been invented, and so there would have been no need to invent them anymore, which would mean that they would no longer exist in time, which would mean your machine wouldn't work, and therefore people would think "Oh, we need that" and invent it, which would mean that.... *Trails off*

But you see mine and short recoil's point of view - Don't f*ck with time. It'll only give you a headache.

dekstar said:
Welcome to the world of paradoxes...
See, as soon as you do that, then all the inventions that WOULD have been invented in the future, would have already been invented, and so there would have been no need to invent them anymore, which would mean that they would no longer exist in time, which would mean your machine wouldn't work, and therefore people would think "Oh, we need that" and invent it, which would mean that.... *Trails off*

But you see mine and short recoil's point of view - Don't f*ck with time. It'll only give you a headache.

You are really confusing me with all these stuff :eek:

SimonomiS said:
Maybe instead of a Time Machine, a quicksave/quickload machine! Same idea, except just two buttons, and you could F6, do something stupid, then F7! Hilarity ensues. Of course, you can hit the wrong button (Which I did in Half Life a few times) leading to much frustation.

Ah the dreaded quicksave quickload, where you accidently hit F6 and F7 and you lose the good quicksave to one where your falling off an edge or something. VERY ANNOYING!!!!!

westie said:
Ah the dreaded quicksave quickload, where you accidently hit F6 and F7 and you lose the good quicksave to one where your falling off and edge or something. VERY ANNOYING!!!!!
Yea you fall off a cliff.
"Damnit!" *Presses F6.* "Crap! I missed!" *Presses F7, returns to just off the cliff.* "Noooooooo!"

VirusType2 said:
I would like to invent a virtual reality glasses and room with some kind of huge trackball to stand on so when you walk or run in the game , but you don't run into the wall irl.

The ultimate 3D experience with a decent mock up of some real world locations and with simulated machine guns. 1 for each hand, they would be like the input devices.

but you could walk down the street and just straight get in a fight with some dude, just cold punch him in the face, then you start fighting(no guns version) then you do like some karate kid shit and kick his ass. If you get hit the screen can blur and replicate eye damage, but other than that you dont feel pain so thats why its so cool!
Alright just imagine something convincingly like real life, but you can do whatever you want. you are invincable? and people run in fear and terror when they see what you have become :flame: becuase you are bullet proof.

or.. you could just lose the game if you take too much damage. :D

Shoot! Kill! rob! run! maim!
I would actually like the pain, make it fair.......i've talked to friends about virtual reality systems and we all agree having pain would be realistic, as long as it does no physical damage to your body its fine (nervous electrical impulses......would need research) .......we were thinking if you had a LOT of pain in a war game it would be amazing because you really wouldn't wanna get shot (unless you are one of these bondage type wierdos)
Basically if you were shot in the leg with a .38 special and the pain was realistic you would pass out. :LOL:

Virtual reality would not be too hard to make in theory, the only thing that is troublesome is the user interface.....something like a car isn't too hard (but would cost a bit...its been done) but making realistic environments you can feel would be, mabye matrix style input would be possible in 50 years or so, i dunno

I would love this technology and just imagine what MMORPG's would be like.... :O ........and if you are physically moving you wouldn't become fat and unhealthy like sitting at the computer now.......i remember when using my brother eye-toy on the playstation doing the kung fu one on hard is a good work out for the arms :)

SimonomiS said:
Yea you fall off a cliff.
"Damnit!" *Presses F6.* "Crap! I missed!" *Presses F7, returns to just off the cliff.* "Noooooooo!"

Living for eternity desperatly trying again and again to load and grab a ledge as you fall....

I like the quick load quick save idea.

Bed some fit wench... "think I'll just, ah" *Hits f6* "bit of that sh*t mate" :smoking:

a perfect woman.

Wont cheat, speak clearly and without mindgames, high sex drive, loving and caring, and will always be in shape :p.

James Bond's invisible car.

Perfect for getting into accidents during rush hour.

I'd invent a machine to turn a pot noodle into something edible and healthy. Like asbestos.

a pc keyboard, that by simply playing your finger on a 'identyfier', will recognise you, and perform as you wish.. *thinks* play the song Mylo - Drop the Pressure */think*. ... song plays instantly.

that would be cool for games aswell..

short recoil said:
I would actually like the pain, make it fair.......i've talked to friends about virtual reality systems and we all agree having pain would be realistic, as long as it does no physical damage to your body its fine (nervous electrical impulses......would need research) .......we were thinking if you had a LOT of pain in a war game it would be amazing because you really wouldn't wanna get shot (unless you are one of these bondage type wierdos)
Basically if you were shot in the leg with a .38 special and the pain was realistic you would pass out. :LOL:

Virtual reality would not be too hard to make in theory, the only thing that is troublesome is the user interface.....something like a car isn't too hard (but would cost a bit...its been done) but making realistic environments you can feel would be, mabye matrix style input would be possible in 50 years or so, i dunno

I would love this technology and just imagine what MMORPG's would be like.... :O ........and if you are physically moving you wouldn't become fat and unhealthy like sitting at the computer now.......i remember when using my brother eye-toy on the playstation doing the kung fu one on hard is a good work out for the arms :)

Oh so like a dream state.

That would be coooool, sounds like something teh gov't would ban

That sounds possible but how would you guide your dreams, my dreams go in all kinds of directions, and I wouldn't consider them fun

I was just imagining in my VR glasses, walking down a near life-like mock up of downtown london, like around some kind of cobblestone, water fountains, park benches, and just walking up to someone and start kicking thier ass GTA style. .. some fun could come of a game like this

you swing your arms and legs, and they are connected to motion sensors, like nintendo's power glove or Sonys eye toy...

Farrowlesparrow said:
But if she was really perfect, then she'd make you look good.

"Hey guys... look who I picked up last week. Check her out!

I'd invent a perfect OS that wouldn't need to be re-installed all the time. :|

Back