if you thought you wouldn't have to pay for play...

Tarkus

Tank
Reaction score
...think again

first of all, sorry for making a whole thread about this, but i really needed to express myself in a new topic.

so, back to topic..guess what you have to do to play cs2 that untill now was free? any luck? ok, i'll tell you, YOU HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE THE GAME

and NOW, with all the hl and exp. in source (wich is good news), we also hate to pay for it!! EVEN IF IT IS A BUDGET PRICE!!!
of course i'm gonna buy it, but that's just because i'm stupid!!

so my question is: does ANYBODY, i mean, ANYBODY AT ALL, feels a bit *framed* for having to pay either for things that once have been free, and for OLD things, except with a new engine? (new engine is not equal to new game)

close if you want, but i really needed to say this

VALVe has alot of products coming.. I can see why pay to play could be good for some people

All I'm really interested in ATM is CSS and HL2

Is there an idiot disease spreading?

CS2 ISNT COUNTER-STRIKE SOURCE DUMBASS.

Stop crying you didnt need to say this a all, especially when you have no idea what your talking about. Noone does. Every ****in dumbass is trying to act like they know wtf theyre talking about. You don't know shit if cs source is just a ****ing port, they could have done alot to it. And dont say they didnt because you just dont ****ing know. Everyone just shut the **** up and wait for the real ****ing news tomorrow....jesus christ.

now I REALLY needed to say THAT

Tarkus said:
...think again

first of all, sorry for making a whole thread about this, but i really needed to express myself in a new topic.

so, back to topic..guess what you have to do to play cs2 that untill now was free? any luck? ok, i'll tell you, YOU HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE THE GAME

and NOW, with all the hl and exp. in source (wich is good news), we also hate to pay for it!! EVEN IF IT IS A BUDGET PRICE!!!
of course i'm gonna buy it, but that's just because i'm stupid!!

so my question is: does ANYBODY, i mean, ANYBODY AT ALL, feels a bit *framed* for having to pay either for things that once have been free, and for OLD things, except with a new engine? (new engine is not equal to new game)

close if you want, but i really needed to say this
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I think they will also add some extra things to Half-Life, BlueShift and OpForce!
But (re-)making:
- Models
- Maps
- Sounds
- Textures
and many more of (lets say) 2 or 3 FULL games and you really want them not to get a single $ for it?

Oh and i personally think they will Bundle HL+Addons and sell it as one "game". TFC remake will probably be 4 free, becouse noone really wants it anymore. The remake CS will be either HL2s Multiplayer (i really dont hope so couse i want HL²DM action! :angry:) or it will cost money - anyway - an update to CS is necessary! So be happy about it!

i will pay for hl and oposing forces and tfc nothing elce :/ rest are shit

guinny said:

Stop crying you didnt need to say this a all, especially when you have no idea what your talking about. Noone does. Every ****in dumbass is trying to act like they know wtf theyre talking about. You don't know shit if cs source is just a ****ing port, they could have done alot to it. And dont say they didnt because you just dont ****ing know. Everyone just shut the **** up and wait for the real ****ing news tomorrow....jesus christ.

dude, i dislike you.. anyway, if i understood your flaming correct, you imply i was lying by saying cs2 and source versions of older hl.. i read this in the news... i never said cs2 was cs source... did i? you must be seeing things

Tarkus said:

does ANYBODY, i mean, ANYBODY AT ALL, feels a bit *framed* for having to pay either for things that once have been free, and for OLD things, except with a new engine? (new engine is not equal to new game)

Um, hello? Of course you have to pay to have the game. When did anybody say CS:S OR CS2 was going to be free? Why should you expect to get HL1, TF, etc., ported to Source and given away?

If you don't think it's worth the money, that's fine. No one's holding a gun to your head and saying, "YOU MUST BUY THIS." Speaking for myself, I'll gladly put down $20 to play HL1 in Source with new textures and all the rest.

i personally dont give a flying **** if you dislike me. :)

lying? are you that stupid?? I SAID YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE HL2 MP IS, THATS IT. CS2 WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE FREE IDIOT. CS SOURCE IS JUST AN UPDATE BEING RELEASED WITH THE REST OF THE UPDATED GAMES FROM THE PAST. So when i thought u were confusing cs source and cs2 as the same thing, i made you be less of an idiot than u really are, because you thought the actual cs2 was going to be free.

KagePrototype said:
CS2 was never going to be free in the first place....
but cs1 was!! they've only decided to make cs2 to pay because of all the fame the previous one had!! this isnt a bad thing at all > for valve <, but guess who looses? THE PLAYERS, SUPOSEDLY THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN A GAMES DEVELOPER

What ARE you smoking? I'd like some of the shit you have. They didn't decide that at all. It was always supposed to be payed for. Wtf you think theyre going to make a new cs and just give it out? Wtf is wrong with you? And cs1 you had to pay for if you didnt have hl cuz it was a MOD. cs2 isnt a MOD.

guinny said:
i personally dont give a flying **** if you dislike me. :)

lying? are you that stupid?? I SAID YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE HL2 MP IS, THATS IT. CS2 WAS NEVER MEANT TO BE FREE IDIOT. CS SOURCE IS JUST AN UPDATE BEING RELEASED WITH THE REST OF THE UPDATED GAMES FROM THE PAST. So when i thought u were confusing cs source and cs2 as the same thing, i made you be less of an idiot than u really are, because you thought the actual cs2 was going to be free.
no i dint think cs2 would be free!!! i just cant understand the fairness of we having to pay for it since the first one was free!! (please, notice how calm i am when discussing with you) what i was saying, is that valve is making all possible for some fast buck, by releasing previous hl in source format! and thats just not a very good thing to do

lol you dont have to buy it if you dont want to, you can go on playing CS1 if it bothers you that much, but it does show more of a purpose of that 9.95 a month deal.

The reason they have demonstrated CS Source is cause everyone wanted to know about MP so they showed it as a teaser, HL2 will have its own MP, and whether u want to buy the others or not is up to you!

P.S - There are going to be 300 million CS clones made as mods anyway, so who cares :O

Yes because it's just so easy to remake HL in source. You go ahead and remake it, I'll pay you instead. And the first one wasn't free for the 3rd time. oh and just for the record.......if i may quote you:

guess what you have to do to play cs2 that untill now was free? any luck? ok, i'll tell you, YOU HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE THE GAME

no i dint think cs2 would be free

guess what you have to do to play cs2 that untill now was free? any luck? ok, i'll tell you, YOU HAVE TO PAY TO HAVE THE GAME <- was this all your trouble??

then let me explain what i meant by that:
by saying that it was free untill now, i was thinking cs1, sorry if i didnt myself clearer, but being english my second language only, i sometimes find it hard to explain certain matters

let me say, that, for just a little mis understanding, you made a reall fuss

A LITTLE MISUNDERSTANDING? THATS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STATEMENT. YOUR THE ONE WHO MESSED UP YOUR ENTIRE POST MAKING SOUND LIKE SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

sry caps was on and i didnt feel like going back to fix it

guinny said:
A LITTLE MISUNDERSTANDING? THATS A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT STATEMENT. YOUR THE ONE WHO MESSED UP YOUR ENTIRE POST MAKING SOUND LIKE SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.

sry caps was on and i didnt feel like going back to fix it
I ALREADY APOLOGISED YOU SICK LOKKING FOR DISCUSSIONS, NO GOOD GUINNY DUDE!!!!! I ALREADY SAID I HAVE SOME DIFIULTY MAKING MY POINT SOMETIMES!!! SHEESH, KEEP YOUR PANTS ON!!!

sorry, my sarcasm was on, didnt fell like going back and writing all over again

Dear peoples.
The "Pay to play" rumours are about having to pay a monthly fee to play online--like MMO games. You don't have to do that.

However, you do have to buy the games to play them. Now as [rolls eyes] surprising as that is, you'll just have to learn to deal with it.

mmm the difference is my caps really was on and i dont look up while im typing

guinny said:

Wow. You are a huge dork, and an ass hole.

someone will most likely make a new 'killer mod' (what cs1 was to hl1) anyway, for free, so none of this is really all that important to be arguing about. as for myself, i wont be paying extra money to play a game i have already worn out (hl1) with new textures, etc. not too exciting, imho, especially when ive got hl2 sitting right next to it.

Back