If you were Gordon your nerves would be completely fried by now

Maybe we should tell VALVE, maybe in Episode 3 they'll devote a chapter to Gordon eating and sleeping.

Maybe we should tell VALVE, maybe in Episode 3 they'll devote a chapter to Gordon eating and sleeping.
Exactly. I'm assuming Valve realizes eating, sleeping and bathroom duties are obvious things any human has to do. But are pretty mundane at the same time. I don't think it would be time well spent seeing Gordon and whoever else sitting down to a nice meal. How many people would be bitching if Mossman and Gordon stopped off at the kitchen before heading down to Eli's lab? And not being able to skip the scene either, all the while listening to Mossman go on and on "about how it should've been her in the test chamber."

Not many people see me eat or use the bathroom or sleep other than my family. But people on the street can assume I do those things because I manage to keep living.

Actually, i would like to see Valve incorporate some of these mudane tasks. Like say at the half-way points of the game e.g. Black Mesa East, someone offers you a drink, you see Gordon hand come out and take, drink it, and then give it back, same with food, just something small. Sleeping can be done, say at a half way point in a future half life game when everything has quieted down you have to retreate to a room with a bed in it, 'use', and Gordon gets in, and everything goes dark. Then you can have something like '3 hours later'.

Dunno, just thinking off the top of my head but it would give Gordon more human-like qualities, and it would stop all of these ridicilous comments lol

Actually, i would like to see Valve incorporate some of these mudane tasks. Like say at the half-way points of the game e.g. Black Mesa East, someone offers you a drink, you see Gordon hand come out and take, drink it, and then give it back, same with food, just something small. Sleeping can be done, say at a half way point in a future half life game when everything has quieted down you have to retreate to a room with a bed in it, 'use', and Gordon gets in, and everything goes dark. Then you can have something like '3 hours later'.

Dunno, just thinking off the top of my head but it would give Gordon more human-like qualities, and it would stop all of these ridicilous comments lol

Someone forces Gordon into a bed (considering he's often in the company of doctors someone *really* should tell him to take a freakin' nap!), fade to black and wake up to explosions and etc.

Ok.
Food and Drink: Done Intravenously
Sleep: When in Stasis/When unconscious/Suit pumps him full of Awake(tm) Juice
Pee: Suit takes care of that too - like space suits.

And now the tough one, the real brain-teaser. How does Dr. Freeman take a dump? Unless there is a hidden compartment in that Hazard Suit, Dr. Freeman will have to face a whole new sort of hazard...

Someone forces Gordon into a bed (considering he's often in the company of doctors someone *really* should tell him to take a freakin' nap!), fade to black and wake up to explosions and etc.

Yup something like that lol

Personally I would too. My opinion above was the only reasonable explanation I could think of as to why they would leave it out. But as story telling goes, you try not to incorporate anything that doesn't have any significance to the story. Maybe have Gordon sit down for a drink or meal with a Vort and have the Vort go into the history between them and the resistance, or what they know about the G-man.

The suit also hasa special feature....it will inject a special chemical to keep his male hormone's down so he does'nt get too excited when Alyx tries to tease him :naughty:.

The suit also hasa special feature....it will inject a special chemical to keep his male hormone's down so he does'nt get too excited when Alyx tries to tease him :naughty:.

How did I somehow see that coming lol

He sleeps when you beat the game, go into stasis, put the game away for a few months, ect.

The only way I can reply to the title of this thread is...

"No shit!"

But in a friendly way :thumbs:

If i was Gordon I would have constant Flashbacks on the day in the tessst chamber at Black Mesa!

Back