IGN aftermath description

Asknoone

Reaction score
Originally posted by IGN
Half-Life 2: Aftermath is the expansion pack for HL2, last year's popular and acclaimed shooter. The expansion takes place right after the events in HL2, and you and Alyx will flee from City 17, fighting against creatures who were previous blocked from enetering the city. The Citadel you crippled in HL2 will launch into space, and this event will have catastrophic effects on the surrounding area, prompting your escape. Alyx and Dog will have a much higher profile in this game.

http://pc.ign.com/objects/740/740555.html?ui=gamefinder

:| :| ....

"The Citadel you crippled in HL2 will launch into space"

That sounds like a bad joke

That sounds kickass. But it would be cool if they made the Citadel true way of coming and leaving.

In Raising the Bar the book. Valve explained how all the combine got on earth. This is how:

The people would be going about their daily lives when all of a sudden everything would start to dematerializing. Big holes would form in the earth, people falling down etc.. Then out of no where you would see the Citadel start to materialize, peace by peace.

Now what im thinking is like the peaces teleporting and coming together in motion. Sounds and will look amazing ingame. If the IGN's description is true, valve were ether unable to make such a detailed scripted scene with the source engine. Or IGN is 100% wrong. Or Citadel cant dematerializing itself and materialize somewhere else. Or remember how alyx said that once the combine were on earth they needed to use our resources for teleportation and couldnt teleport to different places on earth, only from their planet to earth. Maybe thats why the Citadel flys away instead of dematerializing/teleporting.

Just a thought.

Well after reading the PC GAMER article, i thought Laidlaw made it pretty clear the Citadel is going to collapse and take City 17 with it :p - thats why everyone is evacuating.

Cyan Leader said:
You gotta be kidding me. No. I want to see that god damn building down.
Yes! And they're saying it's going up! That is the absolute opposite of going down! That is not what I want to see! It's just not!

!

AJ Rimmer said:
Yes! And they're saying it's going up! That is the absolute opposite of going down! That is not what I want to see! It's just not!

Its IGN, they lie i tell you!

hmmm ok speculation now.. When the Dark Energy blew up.. The Combine Slug (Advisor) thought that now that Breen failed he needs some help with the humans... So he sends the Citadel back into Space.. and Gets rdy to get the Synths ready, It will be like the 7 hour war II :p

literally, you're having it massive,

claiming everything and pulling off nothing....

Maybe their just saying it as though the Citadels explosion will be massive. Just a figure of speech.

Hahahahaha, oh dear. Although if it's right I'm selling all my HL games and pretending I never played it. :p .

Raziel-Jcd said:
That sounds kickass. But it would be cool if they made the Citadel true way of coming and leaving.

In Raising the Bar the book. Valve explained how all the combine got on earth. This is how:

The people would be going about their daily lives when all of a sudden everything would start to dematerializing. Big holes would form in the earth, people falling down etc.. Then out of no where you would see the Citadel start to materialize, peace by peace.

Now what im thinking is like the peaces teleporting and coming together in motion. Sounds and will look amazing ingame. If the IGN's description is true, valve were ether unable to make such a detailed scripted scene with the source engine. Or IGN is 100% wrong. Or Citadel cant dematerializing itself and materialize somewhere else. Or remember how alyx said that once the combine were on earth they needed to use our resources for teleportation and couldnt teleport to different places on earth, only from their planet to earth. Maybe thats why the Citadel flys away instead of dematerializing/teleporting.

Just a thought.

Did anyone even read my post?

IGN OWNED. Just got a reply from marc,

Originally posted by Marc Laidlaw

Ross,

We never pictured an actual crash. More of a melt-down.

Not sure where "Launch into space" came from.

yay!

OWNED!

But does this prove IGN are talking outta their arses?

Don't trust IGN! They'll do anything to just have an interesting story.

But if the explosion comes from the top of the citidel, how does it blast off against that as well as gravity? I'll give Valve the benefit of the doubt, but they'd best not screw this one up.

Didn't the combine use a one way ticket portal to reach earth thats why they struggled in the rebelion. They couldn't get back.
The explosion blows the citadel into orbit. *cough* Lame.

Sufferin-rebel said:
hmmm ok speculation now.. When the Dark Energy blew up.. The Combine Slug (Advisor) thought that now that Breen failed he needs some help with the humans... So he sends the Citadel back into Space.. and Gets rdy to get the Synths ready, It will be like the 7 hour war II :p

Yeah I wish! :p

Marx! II said:
But if the explosion comes from the top of the citidel, how does it blast off against that as well as gravity? I'll give Valve the benefit of the doubt, but they'd best not screw this one up.

Didn't you read what Laidlaw said? IGN are wrong - its not blasting off into space, its going to melt down. Read a few posts up.

Frank said:
"The Citadel you crippled in HL2 will launch into space"

That sounds like a bad joke

I think you mean that sounds awesome.

EDIT: Even if its not true, I still think the idea of partially crippled citadel launching itself into space for repairs is pretty cool.

Yeah, they'll most likely be the same as HL2 or maybe a teeny bit higher, but it'll be about the same strain on your comp. Gonzo's right, no where CLOSE to what the Lost Coast is going to take.

No worries :)

Back