IGN Doom 3 Review is up

SFLUFAN

Reaction score
And the score is 8.9.

Sounds about right to me. I think anything between 8.5 to 9.0 is pretty valid for this game.

Having a moment of deliberation while brushing my teeth yesterday, I rated Doom3 now that I had played it. I gave it that very score ;)

between 8.7 and 9.3 is about where i'd rate Doom 3, somewhere inbetween those numbers

Personnaly id give it a 10, one of the best fps games ive played in awhile

i'd give it a 8.4

WAY to repetative after the 237th imp you kill... AND THEY ALL SPAWN BEHIND YOU!

Another review calling it a basic, mindless game, but still giving it a 90%.

This is why Charlie's Angels got a sequel. :(

Dude. Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle was awesome!
Okay, the first was better.. the movies would have sucked if Crispen Glover hadn't been in them.

I don't really get how IGN calculate their "overall" score....you average the scores they gave together in each category...it'd be 9.2 o_0

(Soldiers of WW2 got 8.5.....the average together is suppose to be 8.3
City of Heroes is exactly the same with 8.4.....and FarCry got a 9.2...but the average in reality is 9)

Speculator said:
I don't really get how IGN calculate their "overall" score....you average the scores they gave together in each category...it'd be 9.2 o_0

(Soldiers of WW2 got 8.5.....the average together is suppose to be 8.3
City of Heroes is exactly the same with 8.4.....and FarCry got a 9.2...but the average in reality is 9)

Didn't you read next to overall?

not an average

Still a little higher than I would give it.

Doom 3 is a good game - but it's pretty much all gfx and little else. Atmosphere alone doesn't make a great game.

I haven't completed the game to give it a final score but as far as i've seen

79, 83 maybe, if it's lucky. I'm not a person to judge on a first impression, so i won't be doing that on this game. The score may raise depending on how far i've gotten through. If i get through at all ;). So far I haven't seen anything I haven't already read in a magazine or witnessed in a video. And hopefully that will change.

Great graphics, neat lighting, new game smell, amazing atmosphere, questionable AI but so far it totals up to high seventies low eighties.

Back