• half-life 2 isnt that good!

Votes: 5 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenyo

Reaction score
ign.com:

9.5 Presentation
The story unfolds in a near flawless fashion. It's weird that Gordon never speaks, but easily forgotten. You'll be hooked by the storytelling and drawn into the action naturally.

10.0 Graphics
Half-Life 2 has usurped DOOM 3's place as the best-looking game on the PC. It's astounding from both a technical and an artistic standpoint.

9.5 Sound
Once again, simply top notch work. Gunfire, the sounds of Combine vehicles, the alertness of guards, voice acting, and all else can't be faulted in any significant way.

9.5 Gameplay
A near flawless implementation of a first-person shooter. A mix of intelligent and frantic combat, puzzles, driving, and squad control creates great variation and paces the game perfectly.

9.0 Lasting Appeal
I want to play Half-Life 2 again and again. It's just that much fun. I do wish there had been more HL specific multiplayer, though.

9.7 OVERALL:
(out of 10 / not an average)

http://pc.ign.com/articles/566/566202p5.html

opps sorry i didnt see the ign news thingy at this places home page!
i wouldent have posted this if i saw that,
i guess every one allready knows!

EDIT: i would of used the edit button instead of makin new post but the edit button for my first post vanished!

half-life 2 is better then that!

It has a better review than gamespot but its still not really good.

Pc gamer us had the best review.

What I think is the MOST BS OUT OF ALL OF IT IS THAT HALO 2 GOT A 9.8 and HL2 GOT A 9.7!! BS! :flame: Halo fanboys! :flame:

HL2 is the worst game of all time and it deserves a lower score.

I think Halo has a 'fun' factor which basically means you can jump in a start blasting whereas HL2 has a more refined gameplay which is more for the conissuer(sp?) of FPS's.. like a fine wine as opposed to a Coors Light..

polypod said:
I think Halo has a 'fun' factor which basically means you can jump in a start blasting whereas HL2 has a more refined gameplay which is more for the conissuer(sp?) of FPS's.. like a fine wine as opposed to a Coors Light..

i agree, but this isnt a halo vrs half-life thread!

I dont understand how anyone can even vote, seeing as none of us have played it yet :-o

-IronPooch

ironpooch said:
I dont understand how anyone can even vote, seeing as none of us have played it yet :-o

-IronPooch

it is more of an edjacated geuss!

(edjacated as in you've seen the movies and pics!)

My Hype metre just hit it's highest after reading that review, it was a really nicely written review. Wow, better graphics than Doom 3 as well? I absolutly cannot wait.

kenyo said:
it is more of an edjacated geuss!

(edjacated as in you've seen the movies and pics!)

Edjacated? EDJACATED? Jesus Christ. I've lost all hope in America's youth. Buy a book instead of Half-Life 2, your future will thank you.

Back