IGN's supposed release date

Status
Not open for further replies.

mung

Reaction score
Just FYI, I know it's not official, but it is interesting to see... IGN's gamestore has set HL2's release date as Sept. 1, 2004. Take it with a grain of salt. Just FYI.

thats a LIE, IGN is never right these days...release date is July 2nd 2004 ...just watch....

It's a good worst-case guess. Better for them if they're too late than too early. I'm sure we'll have it before then.

marty905 said:
thats a LIE, IGN is never right these days...release date is July 2nd 2004 ...just watch....

Thats just a date you want it to be :p

Wait....ermm....me to :eek:

God, E3 seemed to have revived the age old tradition of "making a thread because someone other than Valve said a release date". I thought we got rid of them for the most part, now they're everywhere.

Urgh.

marty905 said:

Yeah! IGN's made up date is wrong. It's Walmart's equally made up date that's right.

marty905 said:

I very much doubt it's that close. I think September is a better guess. If it was only a month and a half away, they're have finished all testing and it should go gold relatively soon.

Actually I'd say that's the best estimate, September the 1st. Much more realistic than June or July

Soundwave said:
Actually I'd say that's the best estimate, September the 1st. Much more realistic than June or July

Based on what exactly? I mean, we have no idea how much work is left to do, or how long Valve well take to do it.

I don't know. Not really based on anything, just my own outlook on it. They didn't want to give a date, they only said "summer" meaning they aren't even sure it will be done by then. I just personally think it's hitting in September. If I'm wrong, great. But I'm damn sure not expecting it next month.

It's a guess, nothing more. If they had some 'secret word from valva/VU' it would have been widely publicized.

As said, it's a guess. I'm getting tired of writing this over and over. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back