I'm BRAND new to this game HELP

T.H.C.138 said:
the guy you play is not like the usual characters..you will be armed when you need to be...trust me on that..

when you open steam go to "browse games" and download HL1 if you want to..you shouldn't have to pay because you bought HL2...

but I might be wrong about that
I thought you had to pay to get HL:Source?

GirLgAmeR69 said:
I have gotten the chance to play the game. But for some reason I get out onto the streets, and into a building where all the people from the train station are in abandoned rooms with TVs on and then the guys in the gas masks (havent learned all the characters names yet, sorry...in due time!) beat the hell out of me until i pass out and die....

first, the best bet is to take a screenshot of the area if your stuck. Then we know exactley where you are and can help more.

Anyway, based on where I think you are, try the following:
Just before you went into the room with the ppl watching tv, you were walking down a corridor which was blocked by the combine (Guys in white gas masks)?
What you need to do is step into the room on your right, then wait a sec and come back out. the combine should now be in the block of flats they were barging into before. Leg it past there and the combine will start to chase you. Run up the stairs as fast as you can and... you can figure the rest out from there ;)

Anyway, if I've guessed the wrong place, take a screenshot. Press F5 to capture the shot (Try and get as much area into the shot as possible) then look in your hl2 folder for it and upload it here.

The levels in Half-Life 2 are arranged in such a way that it's like a long obvious path, if you look around and explore you should quickly find out what to do. Keep in mind to look around at objects, buttons or ladders or something if it's a puzzle. You can not only speak with characters with the E button, you can also press buttons and pick up smaller items.

If you run into a dead end, try to go back abit and see if there's any other way.

JellyWorld said:
I thought you had to pay to get HL:Source?

not HL:Source...the true HL1,from '98..or maybe its because I bought Gold HL2...

I thought that buying HL2 (any version)gave you all the old games,at least up to but not including Condition Zero..

again maybe I am wrong..

T.H.C.138 said:
not HL:Source...the true HL1,from '98..or maybe its because I bought Gold HL2...

I thought that buying HL2 (any version)gave you all the old games,at least up to but not including Condition Zero..

again maybe I am wrong..

gold nets you Hl2/CS:S/dod:s and valve's back catalog
=
Valve's back catalog includes:
Half-Life
Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero
Counter-Strike: Deleted Scenes
Day of Defeat
Team Fortress Classic
Deathmatch Classic
Opposing Force
Ricochet

(aka: you are right bro, if you own hl2 either from a gold or silver purchase, you then own Hl1)

Silver has everything Generations has, but OP4, and Blueshift.....
I am 13, better then most gamers I know.
Highlight this to get what to do next (spoiler tags)
You have to run like hell, from the combine, there will be a part where you are knocked out... don't worry, it is part of the storyline
That remark about showing us you women parts...... scared me for a second.
You don't need a strategy guide.... just go to www.gamefaqs.com for ok strategy guides, and check out this site for weapon names, etc.

oh really then just get silver
me i bought generations and the collectors edition of hl2
if you really want to get into the hl2 mythos buy raising the bar
DO NOT buy prima's walkthrough - its awful and you'll see it as a huge waste of money when u start flying through the game

Fliko said:
Silver has everything Generations has, but OP4, and Blueshift.....
I am 13, better then most gamers I know.
Highlight this to get what to do next (spoiler tags)
You have to run like hell, from the combine, there will be a part where you are knocked out... don't worry, it is part of the storyline

Yeah, but once they knock me out, I see red and then I die...The game starts over...I dont think THAT is part of the storyline LOL :x

Ive got it figured out...Thanks anyway!!!!!!!! W00T! :naughty:

Back