im confused...

dumba$$

Reaction score
ok, iv played half life 2 episode 1 as far as the exploding cidatle. is that as far as it goes? i keep seeing videos of a different ending, and they all claim to be episode 1 as well. is the an extra bit after the credits? or a download, or anything?

What video of a different ending??

There's the train ride away from the exploding citadel, credits and also the episode 2 preview video. That's it...

I'm sure there should be a spoiler warning.

But yea, what Naudian said.
Perhaps link us up with these videos?

scratch that, im an idiot. a dumbass if you will. if thinking of half life 2, not halflife 2 episode 2
my bad, sorry <:-D

Would it have been better if the Episodes had been named like "Half-life 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc.?

People would probably think they're just stalling.

Would it have been better if the Episodes had been named like "Half-life 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc.?

People would probably think they're just stalling.

They'd need ten before they could make HL3:x

They could call them Half-Life 2.33333333..., Half-life 2.66666...... and of course, Half-Life 2.99999999.... but that would practically be Half-life 3.

It should have been Half Life, Half Life2, Half Life3 episode 1, and so on.

Valve said they wanted to make eps 1 2 and 3 HL33, and they regret making them spisodically, but they're also kind of stuck with episodes now, so they just go along with it.

HL 2
HL 2: We need better names. (Episode 1)
HL 2: Forever (Episode 2)
HL 2: It'll come out in 2012 (Episode 3)

Only kidding :p

They should have stuck with Half-Life 2: Aftermath...part 1, 2, 3 or something

Half-Life 3 Episode 1,2,3 etc would probly be best but i guess since its a direct follow-up to half-life2 its allright to have hl2 in the name but ya it shoulda been like HL2 Aftermath Episode 1,2,3 like that one guy said

They could call them Half-Life 2.33333333..., Half-life 2.66666...... and of course, Half-Life 2.99999999.... but that would practically be Half-life 3.

Well... 2.999 recurring IS 3. :p

Even my own mother has no problem with the naming conventions of Episode 1 etc. and she has never played a computer game in her life..

It should have been Half Life, Half Life2, Half Life3 episode 1, and so on.

That would be a ripoff, the Episodes use the same models and setting as the PC game so even taken together, they do not make a new game like that

I would prefered to of waited until now and have Episode 1 + Episode 2, merged into a HL3.

Don't like Episodes, I've lost all hype for them.

I would prefered to of waited until now and have Episode 1 + Episode 2, merged into a HL3.

then you would have to wait for episode 3 as well because they wouldnt just leave it hangin out there by itself

Better to have a whole new game as HL3, improved graphics and revised enemies would be needed in a whole game they should have called the Episodes HL2 Aftermath Episode 1 like that

Episode 1, 2 and 3 names are pretty bland. Although I don't see why the episode names to add up to "3" (even though what was thought to be HL3 material turned out to be HL2 episodes). :p
But they should have separated the episodes from HL2.

With episodes, they did stretch out the time table from what they originally thought. But at least they get feedback with each episode and we get parts of the game faster than a full game and updated tech with each new episode. I'll just have to go back and play them all the way through once EP3 comes out.

Anyways, after the episodes Valve isn't sure what they want to do and who knows...there very well could be content named HL3.

I was under the impression that they were originally going to release a full expansion which would have encompassed the plots of episodes 1, 2 and (maybe) 3, under the name Half Life 2: Aftermath. And then they got lazy, and SiN Episodes happened, so they jumped on the metaphorical episodic bandwagon. Amirite?

Should have been 'Half-life 3 Part One' or 'Volume One' or something, though it may all simply be a symptom of Valve thinking of the Half-Life series in a selection of eras that they want to differentiate in the future:

'Half-Life': Black Mesa / Xen era

'Half-Life 2': Combine Subjugation / Rebellion era

'Half-Life 3': Human retaliation / Combine Overworld era

etc.

Even then, they should have started on 'Half-Life 2 Episode 2' or gone with the 'Half-Life 2 Aftermath part One' or whatever. 'Half-Life 2 Episode One' is a point of confusion for new players when there's a proper 'Half-Life 2' alongside it.

Should have been 'Half-life 3 Part One' or 'Volume One' or something, though it may all simply be a symptom of Valve thinking of the Half-Life series in a selection of eras that they want to differentiate in the future:

'Half-Life': Black Mesa / Xen era

'Half-Life 2': Combine Subjugation / Rebellion era

'Half-Life 3': Human retaliation / Combine Overworld era

etc.

Even then, they should have started on 'Half-Life 2 Episode 2' or gone with the 'Half-Life 2 Aftermath part One' or whatever. 'Half-Life 2 Episode One' is a point of confusion for new players when there's a proper 'Half-Life 2' alongside it.

Aftermath is more interesting, shows it as not HL2 but not a whole new game, which it is not and is Episodic so not quite HL2 so just consider it part of the series and new story development for this plot and good ones

Back