I'm curious---- how many preloaded

SGT Tenor

Reaction score
I know i did. Does anyone know what numbers they calculated? Maybe vivendi will get off their butts and release the game after they notice how many of us preloaded it already. Stupid corporations! :naughty:

LOL, good one. You just keep on stickin' it to the man.

I preloaded, by the way.

I'd prefer to own a hard copy of the game, so no, I didn't preload. What I can't stand are the people that preload just for the sake of it, even though they're planning to buy it in stores...

MrBongo said:
I'd prefer to own a hard copy of the game, so no, I didn't preload. What I can't stand are the people that preload just for the sake of it, even though they're planning to buy it in stores...

LOL really?!

Yeah, I think there was a whole thread about this asking people who are preloading but are planning to buy it in stores stop to save bandwidth.

i dont not preload HL2, Ill buy it in the store. It's good to have your own copy on disk.

Bongo, you need to think about this:

Your HL2 retail copy will use Steam after its installed. Having it preloaded will save on the GCF conversion process and any other bits that Steam requires.

Alot of people will buy the game just for the box, and install it on Steam rather than ever putting the CDs in the drive.

MrBongo said:
Yeah, I think there was a whole thread about this asking people who are preloading but are planning to buy it in stores stop to save bandwidth.

I did this. The reason being because I want the box and manual, but just sitting there watching HL2 install would kill me. I wanna put the car in park, make a B-line to my computer, fire up steam, type in my CD key, and then play right away. This way I have the Box and manual and still not have to worry about installing.

dart321 said:
I did this. The reason being because I want the box and manual, but just sitting there watching HL2 install would kill me. I wanna put the car in park, make a B-line to my computer, fire up steam, type in my CD key, and then play right away. This way I have the Box and manual and still not have to worry about installing.
Read the manual while its installing, thats what i do. :cheers:

so no i didnt pre-load for the sake of you guys that did!

No, I didn't. I thought valve would need the extra bandwidth.

MrBongo said:
What I can't stand are the people that preload just for the sake of it, even though they're planning to buy it in stores...

Im guilty.

Dont ask why... i dont know why, screw everybody else i need some form of Hl2 close to me after the last 12 months.

Oh yeah... I preloaded... I have Half-Life 2 stuff on my hard drive... :O

MrBongo said:

What I cant stand are the people that think they know what they are talking about and truly do not. Since we are talking about what we cant stand.

O and yes I preloaded it and I plan to buy it in store and possibly also online.

Shuzer said:
Alot of people will buy the game just for the box, and install it on Steam rather than ever putting the CDs in the drive.

Exactly what I plan on doing :)

I'm buying a hard copy.

However, I just preloaded for the sake of eating up bandwidth. ;)

I preloaded and I will purchase over Steam.

Unless CE has a plush, wearable headcrab :D

I preloaded it just so someone else couldn't!!! No, but seriously you guys act like its something evil we're doing to you by preloading it, we're all going to have HL2 on release day and if not you aren't a real HL2 fan. :flame: :afro:

EDIT: V V V you do know you can preload w/out buying it?

No way would i even think of buying the game through steam.

Valve cant even stop the entire source engine tree from being stolen and their password systems from involving the numbers 12345, ill be god dammed if i give them my credit card details.

Welcome to Steam credit card access information

Password: moneyz4u

I preloaded twice.. :D

But i did that because i though that the file was stuffed as i couldn't open it for the second test.

urseus said:
No way would i even think of buying the game through steam.

Valve cant even stop the entire source engine tree from being stolen and their password systems from involving the numbers 12345, ill be god dammed if i give them my credit card details.

Welcome to Steam credit card access information

Password: moneyz4u

I think the credit card information goes to the credit card company, not to Valve.

urseus said:

Here, here! :cheers:

I preloaded and will buy through steam...after someone else does it first.

I preloaded, then I copied the gfc over to my other comp

I plan on buying 1 hard copy from the store, and one through steam... but Im reconsidering my purchase through steam, I may just buy two copies from the store.

its funny how people are more concerned with saving valve bandwidth than valve themselves are. valve opened the pre load to everyone. whatever the costs for the bandwidth are covered by the press they already got about the preload, and the press to come when they announce how many people have pre loaded. you cant buy hype like that. that you have to make happen and valve are doing so. hell if i could even get the pre load, i would erase it and get it again, just so valve can have a huge number to get people hyped about. i dont know how many have pre loaded, but if valve came out and said 1 million pre loads, that would be huge for the game and the momentum of hype as we head towards release. well worth the price of bandwidth.

I preloaded but am purchasing the CE Edition, 1. For the Bonus content, and 2. For the sake of having a hard copy, and also by having the preload on my HDD all i need to do is enter in my cd-key and Voila! HL2 goodness.

I've preloaded. I haven't decided if i'll buy it through steam. IF there's some kind of **** up with the distributors and i can't get it till 10 days after every other country, they i'll buy through steam.

But having it preloaded i can just come home enter my cd-key and begin playing without having to waste 10 entire minutes installing it off cd.

I couldnt help it, I preloaded it a day after I saw it appear, :p,

but the box version is more of a want for me, so I can set it up on a Lan, dare I utter the word CD crack around here. :angry:

but Id then only use the ATI bundle steam account for playing on line, and if anyone is using my steam account on whichever of the 2 computers we have (cause my bro uses it for CS n stuff)

then I'll beable to play the game without steam, which is nice because I get paranoid about valve watching and recording your every frag, in single player, but of course that doesnt happen, silly me. :LOL:

I preloaded it the instant it became available, and I'm going to buy it in the store.

then I'll beable to play the game without steam, which

No, you can't.

No, you can't.

so if I play it on the 2nd machine (which doesnt have steam installed)
I cant play the boxed version after installing it on there , somehow? lol

the boxed version doesnt need steam surely.

just the disc's in the box, and a hardrive for it to go on, it doesnt need steam, or is steam a component of the shelf version aswell? :sleep: .

so if I play it on the 2nd machine which doesnt have steam
I cant play the boxed version after installing it on there , somehow? lol

the boxed version doesnt need steam surely.

just the disc's in the box, and a hardrive for it to go on.

No, HL2 is integrated into steam. There is an offline version of steam though.

No, HL2 is integrated into steam. There is an offline version of steam though.

the steam version is , the one you download. not the boxed copy, thats the one im talking about.

Neutrino said:
I sure hope it doesn't require steam. That would be ridiculous.
It wont surely , just like the boxed version of HL1 didnt need steam

clarky003 said:
It wont surely , just like the boxed version of HL1 didnt need steam

Thats a joke right? Steam wasn't even a thought when HL1 was released.

It'll likely be similar to CZ.

The CD install won't require Steam, it'll be stand alone. Likewise, you can play SP on Steam, and MP will require it.

dart321 said:
Thats a joke right? Steam wasn't even a thought when HL1 was released.

exactley, so your saying the boxed copy of HL2 would need steam to work..??? :rolling:

doesnt make sense , surely its more suited for people on a lan,

and those not connected to the net, that cant have steam and need a shelf copy

like Neutrino said, that would be ridiculous if you installed it from the discs onto the hardrive and you had to run it through steam,, doesnt make sense, it'll be an isolated copy on your hardrive with the option at the end of the install to place shortcut icons on the desktop, :rolling:

MrBongo said:

Yeah, that's nice that you care about us :afro:

Back