I'm getting bored with 2 maps....

Gordons_nan

Reaction score
Ok as much as I love the 2 official maps (especially lockdown), I'm starting to get bored with them now.....trouble is I'm not a big fan of custom map packs as most of them are sh1t in my experience from other games.

I'm thinking there must be a few professional quality maps that are worth having so can anyone tell me what they are?

Cheers

ps...screenies would be nice if you have them or even links to pages with downloads etc.

:smoking:

BTW I've checked the '5 best maps' thread and didn't find it very informative, sorry.

The stalkyard remake is fun... That's the one of few custom maps that I have played that is actually pretty fun. Maybe because it's based on a HL1 map, which was made by Valve.

I really came to see in my playing that fancy texturing and geometry don't really make the map when you are talking about DM. Wisely chosen weapon spawnpoints, lack of camper spots, and a fitting amount of physics props are what makes a HL2DM map really good.

We have been playtesting maps at my site and have come up with 4 maps we like. You can get them in our downloads.

http://www.phenylshouse.com/downloads-cat54.html#cat

A screenshot from each map is there also.

There are a lot fo maps out there but in our opinion these 4 are the best community made and released maps so far. I'm sure there are some we haven't seen yet. I don't plan on putting just any old map up on my server or in our downloads so you can watch my maps download for the best maps.

dm_watergate - very well made map.
dm_gasworks - Fun with a good number of people

Those are really the only two I've found that I'm really fond of, and almost noone plays watergate :( :(

Yeah I thought the same thing. For some reason these map packs that are out, about 4 of them I think, are utter crap most of them. But the seem like they are 'official standard' ones to get.

I think the community has come to a point that we need to create a official official map pack with only maps worth playing. Even if it's only 4 of them. At least then all servers have these standard maps.

Just my thought

We will be better off after the map competition is over. The top 10-20 of those should rock.

For anyone else who is interested, I managed a few games on dm_watergate last night and it was awesome - very, very good map.

dm_watergate = recommended :D

I've played an insane amount of maps and you're right...most of them are crap and downloading the map packs are pointless because 95% of the maps in them suck.

Maps that I've found to look good and have good gameplay.

dm_watergate
dm_np_refinery_b4
dm_underpass_b3
dm_xen-sahara
dm-corrodeb4
dm_frenzy
DM_Crossfire_Source_1-1
dm_infiltrate

There's probably more that I'm forgetting..but that list is pretty cool. Recently the quality of maps being released has been very good.

Back