I'm getting tired of this Halo2vsHL2 crap

A.I.

Reaction score
Subtitled: The methodology and epistemology of game reviewing.

It's getting more and more depressing through these days reading on these forums: "OMG, this magazine says Halo2 beats HL2!!!11! OMG HL2 will suck!!!!!11!1"

I think that games shouldn't be scored (at least the way they are now). Why? Because we're measuring quality with numbers, that means that they can be inaccurate at some point especially at the best games. You can easily tell that a game with 23% score is unplayable crap, but comparing games with ratings above 90% is impossible because personal flavour of the reviewer comes in to play.

I hate the way games are statistically/cathegorically reviewed like:

Graphics 45%
Sound 66%
AI 75%
UI 32%
Gameplay 67%
(add whatever you want)
Total 50%

It's about quality, not quantity!!! Can you measure how good the graphics are in a game? No. It depends on the viewer, right? Therefore, I think we should develop some other standards to review a game to stop this score nonsense.

A.I. said:
...I think we should develop some other standards to review a game to stop this score nonsense.
If there were no score, there would be no "distinctive" games like HL2 and Halo2. The score is a punctuation mark - a full stop - period.

i agree with him stop comparing halo 2 with half-life 2...who cares if they have 2's in them totally different games

I'm sick of the crap about people being sick of the Halo2vsHL2 crap. You're not helping the cause.

I tend to ignore Halo2vsHalf-Life2 things, I tend to ignore reviews of the game, all I want is to have the game unspoiled and I just want to play it in peace without some scary kid claiming the halo is the sex.. I don't care about your opinion.. I just want my Gordy :(

ok if you want the HL2vH2 threads to stop dont make one that says i dont want them. you just remind peiople thats it

I'm sick of the people who are sick of the crap that people are sick about the Halo 2 vs Half-Life 2 crap.

Basically I'm just tired of hearing anything about Halo 2 and Half-Life 2 being compared. Just stop.

I vote that everyone who thinks Halo 2 is better go to the Halo 2 site, and everyone who thinks Half-Life 2 is better shut the hell up about it and stay here.

No shit, this stupid comparing games is ****ing pathetic.

Who gives a **** if one game is better than the other.

Back