I'm hating Half Life 2!!!

Have you ever even played HL1?

Yeah yeah, we've seen your type before. If you don't like the friggin' game, don't join this forum! I'm so tired of this crap... :flame:

You two are FIRED from this forum for lack of reading before flaming!

For shame.

*claps hands together and bows to Prozac*

Why are you named after an anti-depressent?

You two are FIRED from this forum for lack of reading before flaming!

For shame.

*claps hands together and bows to Prozac*

Why are you named after an anti-depressent?

Probably because he's so goddamned cheerful.:LOL:

A hl2 newbie who is cool and seemingly intelligent. *head explodes*

the huge amount of repetitive shooting is what made the game abit stale for me

Well...thanks to all for both the flames and the compliments.:) :smoking: I try to be nice, because that is how I learn the most from others, for example you folks.

As far as being intelligent, I'll let my brethren posters be the judge of that. I do my best, but I thought HL2 was way out of my league, as far as being able to really play the game....I think I've always thought that.

And when I go and prove myself right by getting my ass kicked in the game, then I just get flustered.

My nickname is Prozac because I have to take that medicine for a disorder I have called bipolar disorder, amongst a host of other meds, plus I just think it sounds cool. Bipolar disorder used to be called manic depression, which might explain the mood swings in my posts :LOL: .

It's not a problem though, I just take my meds and I'm like everyone else. Except when it comes to HL2 - so if I'm going to try to play it again...I'm really going to need everyone's help. And this seems like a friendly forum to get things answered.

And yes I do consider myself a classy guy, but one who will not hesitate to headshoot you if you get in my path...jk...lol.:devil:

Thanks everyone for pulling me out of the ditch. Had SOME of you not been so encouraging I would have thrown in the towel...but you have turned me back now.:)

"You had me at: What the F*ck you don't like HL2!" Love, Prozac:smoking:

Hmm...He sound like a cool guy. Sorry your having trouble with the puzzles.
I know some mods that make the fighting in the game 2x more fun.
Smod tactical delta 4
and
Fakefactory's Cinematic mod 3.00

Soory im not getting links to lazy. :sleep:

Well everyone, I can't stand it any longer...........now I have to scream, for me ---- Half Life 2 is nooooooooooooo fun! :flame: :angry: :rolleyes:

Although, I will admit that HL2 has the best graphics I've ever seen, hands down, I really am not enjoying the game. I like to play FPS games to shoot and kill and blow stuff up - not to solve frickin' physics puzzles and learn rocket science.

I've made 4 levels so far and have to admit that I'm disappointed in the gameplay. I guess if you're into solving complex riddles and puzzles instead of having fun shooting bad guys, then HL2 is the game for you.

I am however thinking of looking up the cheats just so I can go through all the levels and see the beautiful graphics and kill everything.;) :p :cheese: .

Oh well, to each his own, but I'll stick to Unreal Tournament, F.E.A.R. and Painkiller for now. Those games are all about killing and there is very little puzzle work involved.

That's my 2 cents, Prozac23

Play for a couple more levels, and you get the funnest weapon in video gaaem history (currently)

Well...thanks to all for both the flames and the compliments.:) :smoking: I try to be nice, because that is how I learn the most from others, for example you folks.

As far as being intelligent, I'll let my brethren posters be the judge of that. I do my best, but I thought HL2 was way out of my league, as far as being able to really play the game....I think I've always thought that.

And when I go and prove myself right by getting my ass kicked in the game, then I just get flustered.

My nickname is Prozac because I have to take that medicine for a disorder I have called bipolar disorder, amongst a host of other meds, plus I just think it sounds cool. Bipolar disorder used to be called manic depression, which might explain the mood swings in my posts :LOL: .

It's not a problem though, I just take my meds and I'm like everyone else. Except when it comes to HL2 - so if I'm going to try to play it again...I'm really going to need everyone's help. And this seems like a friendly forum to get things answered.

And yes I do consider myself a classy guy, but one who will not hesitate to headshoot you if you get in my path...jk...lol.:devil:

Thanks everyone for pulling me out of the ditch. Had SOME of you not been so encouraging I would have thrown in the towel...but you have turned me back now.:)

Well, YOU had me at "ASL?"....

You didn't say that? Well, do it, makes me hot.

There were far more puzzles in Half Life than in Half Life 2. Name a puzzle you struggled on.

When you're done with HL2, start playing HL2: DM. It's awesome :D (but sometimes hard :()

Ok peeps, what's the best way I can get help with where I'm at in the game currently? :eek: :afro: :stare:

Do I need to give a screen shot? A description? .........What's the best info I can give you so that you can help a brother out? :E

Thanks, Prozac :monkee:

Screen Shot, or just describe it, there are alot of people here who will know what your talking about after a few words

Hey, I understand, mate. It must be really hard suffering with bipolar. My mum has depression so I know how hard it can be. But I salute you for being so positive!!!:thumbs: And don't give up on HL2, it's a good game! yes, it can pretty hard at times (i still haven't got the guts to do Ravenholm by myself yet. It scares the shit out of me!!!:)) and I got frustrated in Water Hazard several times, but I didn't give up!!! ANd when you feel yourself getting worked up over a particularly difficult puzzle, take a break and come back to after when you've had the chance to relax and get your head together!!! So good luck with it!:cat:

Sorry for my flaming, I just thought your point with this thread was to piss everyone off. In the end I hope you end up a devoted fan :D

If you're more into fighting try searching for HL2 SMOD on Google. It adds a lot more enemies, weapons, and combat features.

God damn dude... Being level headed here gets you a gaming diploma, and a blowjob from hl vets... Gj I say! :thumbs:

Also, someone said that they were the most retarded prson in the universe... You can forget everything that they said after that, because if that was true, how could they POSSIBLY carry on a conversation, or even figure out how to type for that matter... :LOL: ;)

This is indeed the place to go for that help though, and hope your BP isn't too severe... I have a friend with that that killed himself from being depressed from it... wrecked me for a bit... :(

It's not that bad is it? IS IT?! What would the bj, and the diploma be for then, HUH??? HUH!?!?!? If you ever get depressed, never forget that you got a BJ accross the internet, and you just might... laugh your ass off at my stupidity... :LOL:

Look at everyones mood swings throughout this thread, and you'll agree that he might as well have received a bj. :|

I like you, Prozac. I will help you when my bad english allows me to.:)

God damn dude... Being level headed here gets you a gaming diploma, and a blowjob from hl vets... Gj I say! :thumbs:

This is t3h internets. Being able to type coherantly/treat other people with respect is a freaking skill here.

Also, someone said that they were the most retarded prson in the universe... You can forget everything that they said after that, because if that was true, how could they POSSIBLY carry on a conversation, or even figure out how to type for that matter... :LOL: ;)

This is indeed the place to go for that help though, and hope your BP isn't too severe... I have a friend with that that killed himself from being depressed from it... wrecked me for a bit... :(

It's not that bad is it? IS IT?! What would the bj, and the diploma be for then, HUH??? HUH!?!?!? If you ever get depressed, never forget that you got a BJ accross the internet, and you just might... laugh your ass off at my stupidity... :LOL:

Look at everyones mood swings throughout this thread, and you'll agree that he might as well have received a bj. :|

Well I'll gladly accept the gaming diploma, and I'll most assuredly accept the bj, providing that you make it from a totally hot hottie (happily redundant):LOL:. However, I'm a heterosexual male, so I'd prefer my bj to be from a fine, lucious, lady.;) Nothing against gays though....they probably give better bj's actually...LOL.

Ok, next. My Bipolar is only severe if I don't take my meds, but I ALWAYS DO!!! Always!!! So, I manage like everyone else for that reason. If you saw or met me, you'd never know I had it. And I'm very sorry to hear about your friend who killed himself, 20% of all bipolars end of committing suicide.

Warm regards, The Prozackian Warlord:cheese:

Man they tore your ass up, but i also hate the puzzles at the beginning of the game because they are the same stupid thing, just put stuff in the other end of the balance so it will support you. The game gets a lot better after all the barrel and vehicle crap though

How can I go back to the beginning of Water Hazard Part 2, if I want to try and use the Visual Walkthoughs that someone posted in this thread. (BTW I could kiss you - whoever you are):p .

I think with the screenshots and tips from that website I could do a better job next time. But, do I have to start the whole game over?

Thanks, Prozac:cheers:

I don't think you need to start again, just look for where you've got to on the Visual Walkthrough and see what it tells you to do.

You haven't yet stated what puzzle in particular made you angry, I am interested to know which one it is. You don't need to post pictures, just a quick description, we'll know what you mean. Try not to use Visual Walkthoughs unless you really need to, it will take away alot of the fun.

Keep going on Water Hazard, when you get to a certain point you will see what fun is! But please don't cheat, that would be a sad thing to do.

Regarding your comments about HL2 gameplay, I understand what you are saying about liking instant gratification when it comes to games, personally I don't have time for games like Command and Conquer and Sim City. But Half-Life 2, for all it's little physics puzzles and gravity-gun action, is still a fps at heart. You still get to kill loads of stuff. :)

But if you get past the the end of Water Hazard and still think that HL2 is boring, then it probably isn't for you.

On other thing, make sure that you have the highest difficulty selected in the game settings. If it is set to "Easy" (the default) the game aims for you, that really is boring. :(

Mind you, my favourite part of the game was before you even get the gravity gun. It proved to me that Valve still makes quality shooters without the gimmick weapon (even though the G-gun was not really a gimmick).

Btw, see if youcan play through without a walkthrough first. Tends to be more fun that way. Whatever floats your boat though.

I think Route Kanal and Water Hazard aren't very good, but Ravenholm was SOOOOOO GOOD, IT WAS AWESOME, ONE OF THE BEST HL2 CHAPTERS!!!!! RAVENHOLM ROOOOOOOX!!!!! Sorry, got a little excited.

Artificially-induced chase sensation ftw. :p

I think Route Kanal and Water Hazard aren't very good, but Ravenholm was SOOOOOO GOOD, IT WAS AWESOME, ONE OF THE BEST HL2 CHAPTERS!!!!! RAVENHOLM ROOOOOOOX!!!!! Sorry, got a little excited.

You ejaculated quite loudly my friend...

Hope you didn't ejaculate ejaculate though...

Well, the puzzles are there to get you to rest from the action. Valve put them in there as means of combating 'combat fatigue'.

The storry is there in order to... make you feel gooood.

Back