Im stuck, plz help

lol i got stuck there for like half an hour.
stick the blue floaty barrels into the cage under the ramp, you'll see what i mean :)

Those blue barrels float, and there's a cage under one end of the ramp...

Use the physics, Luke ! :)

*hint* Those blue barrels are very buoyant.

EDIT: Err...fez and Kitten ruined it :p

Wraith said:
i was stuck there too, i figured it out and man oh man i was impressed, this game forces you to think real life, and not thinking "game logic", its really hard to figure some of these out but they are so amned common sense, i love you valve.

Yeah that was pretty cool...but there seemed to be too many of those "Oh weird...there's 2 logs angled up on a rock...seems like a ramp that happens to be the only way out of this area..." kind of situations.

i was stuck there too, i figured it out and man oh man i was impressed, this game forces you to think real life, and not thinking "game logic", its really hard to figure some of these out but they are so amned common sense, i love you valve.

Haha, this bit had me for a while. Pick up the floating barrels, place them under the ramp, to float that end upwards.

I liked the subtle hints valve is giving you in this game. In this case just one blue barrel in that cage was a nice hint of what needed to be done =)

Wraith said:
this game forces you to think real life, and not thinking "game logic", its really hard to figure some of these out but they are so amned common sense, i love you valve.

That's all very well until you get stuck in an area with a load of boxes and a ledge above you... 10 minutes of stacking later you find out the ledge is clipped and you can't get up there. :angry:

I am currently stuck on this place where you have this dock and in the center lies a half sunken ship, and 2 apc's on the docks that I shot down. Now I can get under the dock wich is the place to be apparantly because you got a ramp that should lead you in another sewage pipe that is 10/15 feet above the water level, so you have to jump, but its impossible to get accross, I always just dont make it :/

Is there a trick to get over it? does the airboat have a boost or something?

But I must say, this game is amazing, the whole airboat levels make you think this area is HUGE! And god damn that attack chopper is sweet, I want to ride one :D, MOD me one pleez :thumbs:

Yeah took me ages that one, I first tried weighing it down by putting the barrels on top of the ramp, I even took a barrel out of the cage and put it on top, then suddenly realised what it was doing down there..... doh! :eek:

EVIL said:
I am currently stuck on this place where you have this dock and in the center lies a half sunken ship, and 2 apc's on the docks that I shot down. Now I can get under the dock wich is the place to be apparantly because you got a ramp that should lead you in another sewage pipe that is 10 15 feet above the water level, so you have to jump, but its impossible to get accross, I always just dont make it :/

There's a metal shipping crate (red I believe). Hop out of the airboat and move between those wooden columns. Go into the back of the crate and blow up the explosive barrels. This will open the front end of the crate allowing the airboat to drive through and behind those columns.

Damn people, stop posting these "help me I'm so stuck" threads. It's embarrassing to get stuck in a "piperun" like HL2. Yes, I've been stuck and will be, but I've figured them out all by myself. Just look around you and try to think what would be wise enough to do.

you can also get behind the colums by racing towards some rubble that lies near the ramp that would make you fly over the open gap you came in and in the sewer pipe

AmishSlayer said:
There's a metal shipping crate (red I believe). Hop out of the airboat and move between those wooden columns. Go into the back of the crate and blow up the explosive barrels. This will open the front end of the crate allowing the airboat to drive through and behind those columns.

it is red

EVIL said:
I am currently stuck on this place where you have this dock and in the center lies a half sunken ship, and 2 apc's on the docks that I shot down. Now I can get under the dock wich is the place to be apparantly because you got a ramp that should lead you in another sewage pipe that is 10 15 feet above the water level, so you have to jump, but its impossible to get accross, I always just dont make it :/

But I must say, this game is amazing, the whole airboat levels make you think this area is HUGE! And god damn that attack chopper is sweet, I want to ride one :D, MOD me one pleez :thumbs:

check the red containers ;)

Back