Image Dump VIII (POST YOUR RANDOM IMAGES HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
spy-room.jpg

That first image is creepy. :l

He's the ****ing president of the ****ing United States of America. He did not come too soon.

I had no idea how powerful some of the IEDs were that terrorists/insurgents use. Holy ****.

Spoilered because im pretty sure people died, but its not graphic (as in, you dont see any bodies or anything).
1263158647880.gif

1263014542609.gif

Also spoilered because I'm pretty sure people died, but its not graphic (as in, you dont see any bodies or anything).

2s0h5ci.gif

Once again this is spoilered because I'm pretty sure people would die, it is extremely graphic(As in, you don't see any bodies because their deaths were so ****ing brutal there's nothing left)

empty-room.jpg

14aixz7.jpg

We have, but I'm sure someone will come to defend you saying they haven't seen it before, or that it's still worth posting.

it's cool, thanks for telling me though, i know you guys hate seeing shit over and over, but i'm glad you let me know

In 1998, aged just 14, aspiring young cartoonist Amir Avni decided to get in touch with the creator of Ren & Stimpy, John Kricfalusi. Being a hardcore fan of Kricfalusi's work, Amir sent him an introductory letter along with a few cartoons he'd drawn, some of which contained relatively unknown characters of John's. To call Kricfalusi's response 'generous' would be an understatement, and when I asked Amir about the reply he said the following:

'I think John puts a lot of faith in the younger generation of cartoonists, and wants to make sure they are well educated. He sees the younger generation as the future of cartoons, and that's why he's so approachable and good willed.'

It's an admirable stance. Below is the fantastic letter Amir received, along with this this picture and a book by Preston Blair. Fast forward 12 years and Amir is currently in his 4th year of the Animation program at Sheridan College, even having worked as part of John's Digital Inking crew on the George Liquor Show. His brilliant work can be seen at his blog, Toonamir. Many thanks to Amir.

Update: Whoops. Forgot to mention, John Kricfalusi's blog can be found here.

Transcript follows.

4260001580_e53cab5f72_o.jpg

4265312367_546b2648e3_o.jpg

4260002434_93db6b572c_o.jpg

4266060818_a8df9c7c75_o.jpg

4266061068_66e78a9b9c_o.jpg

4266061360_e5f758be1b_o.jpg

4266061600_dd20ab1b27_o.jpg

4266061910_12f0937bfc_o.jpg

Trompe Loeil murals

illusionmuralslosgatosc.png

Main Street, Los Gatos, California. Even the woman peering into the ruin is part of the mural.

illusionmuralstaylorhal.png

Taylor Hall, California State University, Chico, California. The Doric-style columns are actually nothing but paint.

illusionmuralshonoluluh.png

Honolulu, Hawaii. This mural took two months of studio work to plan and another six months to execute with the help of 11 other artists. Featured are Queen Liliuokalani, the last monarch of the Hawaiian Islands , and Duke Kahanamoku, the ultimate father of surfing.

illusionmuralscafetromp.png

This mural at the Cafe Trompe Loeil, San Jose, California, is entitled Art Imitating Life Imitating Art Imitating Life. This customer doesnt leave at closing time.

illusionmuralstwentynin.png

Twenty-Nine Palms, California. Valentine the bull and a patient buzzard are waiting for the artist to awake.

illusionmuralssantacruz.png

Bay in a Bottle, Santa Cruz, California. The passer-by is part of the mural.

illusionmuralssarasotac.png

Looks like a nice spot to rest your weary feet on a sidewalk in front of the Sarasota County Health Center, Florida.

illusionmuralswinslowaz.png

Slowin Down to Take a Look in Winslow, Arizona. Included, of course, is "a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford slowin down to take a look at me."

illusionmuralsartistjoh.png

The artist, John Pugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back