Imagine Nvidia hired hackers to steal source code

A

arakhnidef

Just so it can buy them enough time to put a decent card out there ready for HL2.

They were standing to loose a lot of customers with their performance in HL2, the new DETS weren't going to pull it off either. This might buy them time to pull out a new chip or something like that.

They have the motivation, but would they do it...? They were pretty pissed of at Valve for not using their new drivers when they released those benchmarks. I think it would be pretty easy for them to get away with it if they ever directly or indirectly hired the hackers.

oh well, what do ya'll think.

ArakhNyden

if nvidia is behind this hack i will put my face in the toilet and flush it.
nah just kiding ofcourse.

but u got a point with the making of a new videocard that works well.

Nvidia can't even code legit drivers their own ****ing hardware, much less steal Valves stuff.

All nvidia has been doing lately is cheating. I'm beginning to wonder just how well their cards perform under normal circumstances.

Imagine Nvidia hired hackers to steal source code

.... and then idiots wrote such things on the internet....

It's called libel/slander (depending how you're spreading such garbage) and if you're lucky you can go into great lengths about your theory as you try to defend yourself in court.

This is one of the dumber threads I've seen. Nobody cares bro.

...imagine a world with less 'source stolen' threads, bliss...

Originally posted by Oakey

It's called libel/slander (depending how you're spreading such garbage) and if you're lucky you can go into great lengths about your theory as you try to defend yourself in court.

I think maby he was joking. :LOL:

He's not stating it as fact. Get the **** out and go back to communist China.

My god...do you people actually think about these platitudes before you post them?

Yeah, nvidia is going to put their whole business and existence in jeopardy by trusting that hackers won't crack under questioning if they were ever to be caught. Unless Ken Lay is now running the company, there's no way in hell this is even a possibility.

*me fears for the future*

Originally posted by omlette
Nvidia can't even code legit drivers their own ****ing hardware, much less steal Valves stuff.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!

It is libel if it is in print and not spoken but he said suppose and presented as a theory not a fact so it really is nothing but a stupid idea.

This was what i thought too. NV must do anything, anything to get their product selling.

Its gonna worth a lot if they can get into the source code and get it working well with their fx family.

I see billions $ flow coming back and this is not a nonsense ish.

Originally posted by kanette
This was what i thought too. NV must do anything, anything to get their product selling.

Its gonna worth a lot if they can get into the source code and get it working well with their fx family.

I see billions $ flow coming back and this is not a nonsense ish.

:dozey:

theres always 1

Originally posted by Dougy
:dozey:

theres always 1

C'mon...it makes perfect sense. Of course nvidia would be willing to destroy their business, risk incarceration, and jeopardize all the riches they've already attained to MAKE THIS GODDAMN GAME WORK WITH THEIR HARDWARE.

You doubters just lack vision.

C'mon...it makes perfect sense. Of course nvidia would be willing to destroy their business, risk incarceration, and jeopardize all the riches they've already attained to MAKE THIS GODDAMN GAME WORK WITH THEIR HARDWARE.

You doubters just lack vision.

This is the reality of business.

I see. So the mafia is now running the gpu business? Shocking...

Edit: Maybe next nvidia with put out a hit on ati developers...I mean, that's just how it's done these days...right?

Think about if this's the food industry... how much people would suffer by the Nvidia's mislead nutrition labeling.

Just like Intel Nvidia makes most of it's money out of it's OEMS you average computer manufactures building for office spreadsheet work or your average part time computer user does not give a flying **** about dx9 performance. If they even know what a graphics card does their main concern is that it puts text and picture on their screen.

It would be stupid for Nvidia to take risk this large to gain a possible advantage in a small market section. You can bet a company like Nvidia has and entire department devoted to risk management (as most corporations do) and these people are not stupid.

Just because your life revolves around computer games by no mean implies that it is true for everyone else.

You mean I can sue all the little punks that told me I "suX0rz" on this message board? Awesome! See you knuckleheads in court!

Originally posted by MooCow
Just because your life revolves around computer games by no mean implies that it is true for everyone else.

ok.

You know, it's not 100% out of the question that nVidia wouldn't want HL2's source code to fake the fps numbers in the HL2 benches when they're released...

And this didnt qualify for the conspiracy forum because...?

THINK people. Before you download the HL2 source and immidietly attempt to compile it, try to compile your own source.

what proof do you have that they were behind it? Oh nothing you say?

gg

even if nvidia faked there fps your gonna know because i sure as hell know the diff between 20-30 compared to 60 fps.. btw all that specualtion about nvidia cheating is lies anyways hopefully nvidia will look at the source code and start writing some new drivers!

All this Nvidia hiring the hackers is all possible, but I be damm if it’s at all probable. Nivida would be just too stupid to degrade to that level.

I think Gator hired them so they could put that frigging stupid GAIN spyware in with HL2.

I just spent like an hour trying to get rid of that stupid crap. Apparently it installs with the latest DivX.

:flame:

EDIT- Kidding. Just in case anyone reads the above and thinks I really think that. There's always ONE. :LOL:

It's all one big conspiracy!!!1111

Just another Bash-Nvidia thread. Get real...

Back