Impluse 101

khaki

Reaction score
I found this while reading Half-Life tutorials here.

It tells you how to change the impulse 101 command to whatever you want.

PHP:
case 101:
gEvilImpulse101 = TRUE;
GiveNamedItem( "item_suit" );
GiveNamedItem( "item_battery" );
GiveNamedItem( "weapon_crowbar" );
GiveNamedItem( "weapon_9mmhandgun" );

ect..ect..ect..

Technically the programmer could change the 101 to whatever high number he wanted, therefore giving him a personal cheat he could use anytime if needed. I just thought it was interesting. :)

Very intressing...

Just hink of how many secret levels there must been in games...
Or jokes/easter eggs and stuff in the code and so on...

Indeed. Why stop there though? Why not check the players WONID when they spawn and give them superweapons and god mode? :D

It checks which impulse command the player has used, in this case 101, then does stuff, in this case gives the player every weapon.

hey onions i appreciate the no recruiting rules. like the first posts were nothing but recruitments. that was worrying me.

ya, only Cold War Melting point and Grey City mod tried recruiting.

Actually you could not use change the number and simply be able to use it whenever you want. That is case 101 of class impulse. Simply changing the number of the case does not change the fact that it is still part of impulse which is one of the cheat commands there for blocked by servers with /sv cheats 0.

Actually you wouldn't have to use impulse at all. Just make up a random password / phrase to type in the console.. a little handy code work and boom.. all weapons / health.

But if you wanted to, I'm pretty sure you could take out the option of the server running without cheats.

Originally posted by Pressure
Actually you could not use change the number and simply be able to use it whenever you want. That is case 101 of class impulse. Simply changing the number of the case does not change the fact that it is still part of impulse which is one of the cheat commands there for blocked by servers with /sv cheats 0.

HA HA HA!!!!

Impulse 101 (or 201) is flashlight!!!
that kind of stuff is its intended purpose!!!
cheating is just a secondary purpose

Back