In 2 days, it all ends..

Robert

Reaction score
I've been on the forums for a long long time. I first noticed HL2 back in April 2003, I couldn't care less about it.

Now look. I'm bloody addicted. It was on irc, in #halflife2 it all started. The first website Munro released, roflage on that one, but the theme on the forums looks something familiar tho :)

Anyway.

We've been waiting for a long time now, and in two days we finally get what we want. This is the only forum on the net that's my 'personal' forums, I mean, we're all like an family here. We discuss everything, we have the flamers, the trust worthy admins, the logic ones, the germans who spells alot better then me, black and white people, asians and russians, nerds and non-nerds, just plain stupid idiots, smart asses and what not.

Everything is collected here. I think it's pretty sad that it all will end, that it all will come to an end that we all have waiting for.

Maybe it sounds like this is End of The Human Being, it's just a game, really, but it's a game we've been waiting so eager for one year, a game with a great development team (VALVE ffs), I'm just getting to personal here.

Anyway, I just want to thank you for the great times I've spended on this site and in this forum. Credits to Munro and the hl2.net staff, I think we all have memories from the forums. Sounds gay, but it's the truth.

It feels like.. When HL2 is out, so many other people will join here, and we're not that family anymore. My cyber-family is gone, raped by thousands of other gamers.

-eek-

;( Well well. This is how it is. Thanks for reading ;p Sorry for the bad-ass-English. See you later, if I come back.

*note: RELEASE HL2DM SO WE CAN PLAY TOGETHER :'(

The end.

//
Robert E.

Couldn't agree more. I'm not a big part of the community by far, but I've been waiting for Hl2 just as long as the next guy here. The leadup to Hl2's been fun and alot of the time frustrating, but I think everyone here will agree that the game will be more fun, eh? :D

Look on the bright side, man. After we all complete Hl2, there'll be even more posts here than the leadup to its release and then the leadup to Hl3 will be on lol :p

Will an international beer-get-together help?

:cheers:

I agree with you. I visit this site many time per day and I'm so sorry that I wasn't here from the start. On Tuesday our greatest dream comes true, but the the journey is spoiled also.

Well, it will be just the beggining. The community will have the game itself to discuss... the mods... it's all just the beggining :).

I've been here a long time, too. The biggest thing I'm worried about is HL2 being cracked on/before the release date. The longer that can be postponed, the better -- more people purchase instead of pirating.

Here's to hoping Valve's activation system works. :thumbs:

Yeah, though I haven't been on the forums for so long, I've still been waiting for HL2 as long as you have.

It's been a long and painful, exciting, funny as well. It is over now.. :)

I'm lookin' forward to join up the forums for real again when they start working on HL3 :D

It is indeed the end, and perhaps the beginning, who knows.

DOnt be too quick to forget half life 3 guys n gals :) , im sure it will give us something to talk about

Agreed even though the wait has seemed huge its just a small part of what will be remebered as the HL2 experience.

hey! I've bene waiting for 6 years. I've been on the forums for 18 months now. Its been a long long wait for me...
Hope its worth it.

Yeah, I consider my self to be a forum elder, lol

but my post count aint very high,

I dont say much, but when I do its disgenerally BS.

no seriously this community is great, I just watched a clip of that tech TV show and when gabe mentions the community what one shows up?

this one.

EDIT:
I just realised i'm a bullshit, lol

Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Amen to that brother. Altough I'm not religious and you are not really my brother. =)

i'm new to the forums and after reading the gamespot article about the trials and tribulations, i'm kinda glad i wasn't in the thick of it at the time..

even though the chapter of anticipation is ending, the greatest chapter is yet to be written.. it's more then a game.. it's a game making machine! It will give the latest and bestest power to the average joe.. i thought it was interesting in the interview that the biggest excitement for Gabe was what the fans would do with the source engine..
i think not only is this a great game, but many great games will come of it! (not to mention the movie making potential, ie 'machinima')

Awww.... ;(

Robert said:
I've been on the forums for a long long time. I first noticed HL2 back in April 2003, I couldn't care less about it.

Now look. I'm bloody addicted. It was on irc, in #halflife2 it all started. The first website Munro released, roflage on that one, but the theme on the forums looks something familiar tho :)

Anyway.

We've been waiting for a long time now, and in two days we finally get what we want. This is the only forum on the net that's my 'personal' forums, I mean, we're all like an family here. We discuss everything, we have the flamers, the trust worthy admins, the logic ones, the germans who spells alot better then me, black and white people, asians and russians, nerds and non-nerds, just plain stupid idiots, smart asses and what not.

Everything is collected here. I think it's pretty sad that it all will end, that it all will come to an end that we all have waiting for.

Maybe it sounds like this is End of The Human Being, it's just a game, really, but it's a game we've been waiting so eager for one year, a game with a great development team (VALVE ffs), I'm just getting to personal here.

Anyway, I just want to thank you for the great times I've spended on this site and in this forum. Credits to Munro and the hl2.net staff, I think we all have memories from the forums. Sounds gay, but it's the truth.

It feels like.. When HL2 is out, so many other people will join here, and we're not that family anymore. My cyber-family is gone, raped by thousands of other gamers.

-eek-

;( Well well. This is how it is. Thanks for reading ;p Sorry for the bad-ass-English. See you later, if I come back.

*note: RELEASE HL2DM SO WE CAN PLAY TOGETHER :'(

The end.

//
Robert E.

what a train journey soon be at "CITY17" worth the wait me thinks

this reminds me of half life 1 way back....i remeber that train ride in the begning...its going to start all over again. o the excitement

johnnypoopoopant said:
this reminds me of half life 1 way back....i remeber that train ride in the begning...its going to start all over again. o the excitement

Yep, lol. :cheers:

Half-life 2 journey is almost over....Half-life 3 journey about to start :E

Nice post, i re-enrolled (i bet my old account is still hiding somewhere :() back in April when i realised E3 was coming again and it has been great seeing the site prosper.

Since the release was announced i've started posting here less and less and probably post release i'll stop entirely for a bit but this is still the best website for HL2 i have yet to see and has the best community of them all.

Cheers Munro, nighty night

Wraith said:
it wasnt announced until may 2003

p.s. i think that was the first E3 it was shown at, not the first time it was announced.

EDIT: soz for double post

In 2 days, this forum will be inundated with people who don't get it. And in two days, we'll all look back on this day and cry a little inside.

Don't worry. More noobs = more underhanded flaming :D

Robert, you hit the nail right on the head dude, very nice statement. There is some really hardcore HL2 fans here which is great I have gathered tons of info from you guys I normally wouldn't know about and I thank you all. I think this is just the beginning the new people will need your help & yes MP would be nice so we could all play togather.

Back