Info from Gabe on HL2 Fallout

Thanks for this :)

opponents with robots, gibs were replaced with machine bits, blood was replaced with oil, and so on.

mmmm...gibs....

3.5 GB!!! I thought it would be 6!!
far cry was 4.5

Damn this has probably been asked about 10,000 times but will half-life 2 ship as a dvd also? My guess is no...

Nicely spotted blahblahblah!

*We've been.... rather busy in your absence Mister.....Freeman......catch me later and I'll buy ya a beer k?*

In those posts...Gabe said he couldn't answer any e-mails because he was too busy SHIPPING the game. What does that actually mean? He's not shipping now.............is he??

dream431ca said:
In those posts...Gabe said he couldn't answer any e-mails because he was too busy SHIPPING the game. What does that actually mean? He's not shipping now.............is he??

Finalizing the details, not physically(or digitaly) sending off the gold. Valve are busting there ass trying to get the game out the door.

Jesus dont take everything so litterally........ :hmph:

I don't know what else shipping could mean...unless they are too busy trying to get it read y to ship.

Is it wrong for me to think that they arn't "busting" their ass at all. I want proof like sweat stains on the chairs and worn out mice and keyboards.

Hell, I have a worn out mouse and I am a lazy bastard. I want to see the office in a mess of pizza boxes and instant coffe cans.

The reason you have a worn out mouse is because you are a lazy bastard, and did you see the chairs they have? I bet they were very nice looking when they first got them.

He says before they began Half-Life, everyone on the team read a book by Stephen King called, "The Mist." Has anyone been able to find this book? I can only find it in audiobook form *bleh* ;(

Lets face it guys, if it goes gold valve wont have to tell us... it will be the top news story everywhere.

brokenjago said:
yes, it will ship as a DVD, Special Edition olny.

I've never seen that confirmed anywhere. Feel free to give a link though.

2 gig compress = 3 cds.

thats not bad. who said doom 3 is gna be something stupid like UT2K4 and be 6 cds?

The reason its so small is they packed them REALLY GOOD. lol

Does Gabe post like a new thread each day? I've got to register in HL2 Fallout then :E

Bicka said:
Nicely spotted blahblahblah!

*We've been.... rather busy in your absence Mister.....Freeman......catch me later and I'll buy ya a beer k?*

lol i think theres been a joke going around about this... :LOL:

Frosty207 said:
He says before they began Half-Life, everyone on the team read a book by Stephen King called, "The Mist." Has anyone been able to find this book? I can only find it in audiobook form *bleh* ;(
IIRC, "The Mist" is a short story in the book "Skeleton Crew".... I think. Pretty cool idea for a game I suppose (wait until you read the part about the highway and the huge holes in it ;)).

I've got to say, I'm a little offended that Gabe doesn't post here like he does at Fallout. Aren't we the preeminent HL2 site. Well, aren't we?????

Gossoon said:
I've got to say, I'm a little offended that Gabe doesn't post here like he does at Fallout. Aren't we the preeminent HL2 site. Well, aren't we?????
I guess he doesn't play favorites, because he posts everywhere. We got the big puzzle thing and we might get another one.

Well, just be happy that the game will be in our hands soon. Finalizing is kinda like the home stretch. It's here.

oopsmaster said:
IIRC, "The Mist" is a short story in the book "Skeleton Crew".... I think. Pretty cool idea for a game I suppose (wait until you read the part about the highway and the huge holes in it ;)).
Thanks Oopsmaster, you saved me :E

Has anyone e-mailed Gabe for confirmation?
I think a 143 rockets should do the trick for a strider. ;)

Nvm, talked to Mr. Bond 'bout it. And was past 15 minute edit limit so sry for double post.

Javert said:
Has anyone e-mailed Gabe for confirmation?
I think a 143 rockets should do the trick for a strider. ;)

If you're talking about HL2 coming out on DVD as well as CD yes I just sent an email :)

but i hope i get a reply because i havent gotten one in the past few emails

They mean getting it out the door, mmkay? It's not that hard to figure out what he means :p If they were shipping we would know...

2 gigs is amazing! HAHA Just goes to show that you can make a game that is awesome and not make it go over 6 CDs!! They probably spent one year out of the five just developing some kind of VALVe win zip to make everything super-zipped :p

<3 Gabe

The game will be on DVD and not just in the special edition, i'm sure.

I noticed the Barney/Gman thing too. That is quite amusing. Gordon's being played from both sides by the same guy!!!11 Do you reckon the voice actor got payed double?

Shipping is a long process too. I think he is infering that the game is almost done and all the loose ends are being tied up before going gold and shipping. Someone like Gabe is probably preparing the shipping whilst the rest of the team are working on the game, so technically he is concentrating on getting it shipped.

Back