Info from Gabe on HL2 Fallout

Question: What happened to Gabe's VALVE avatar & didn't it say at the right of his posts that he's authentic? Where has that disappeared to?

Edit: Never mind :E

he isn't busy when he says he is shipping the game he is in the factory carrying crates around and smoking roll ups.

brink's said:
3.5 GB!!! I thought it would be 6!!
far cry was 4.5
Actually, that 3.5G is the size of the source code. Compiled it should be considerably smaller. What takes up all the hard drive space in modern games are the high resolution textures and hi-fidelity audio files.

about size... theoretically it's like this :

You have the code... if it's written bad (long & unprofessional) the game takes longer to load, the game is less stable & it's bigger. When it's written good, it takes less time to load, it's more stable & it's less big.

Perfect examples for this :

Far Cry is the bad / long / unstable / bigger one
HL2 is the good / shorter / more stable / less big one

So it's all about the quality of the code, if it's logical or not. And with a team like Valve & if you paid attention what i just said, HL2 will own Far Cry.

Edit || SO SUPER CONCLUSION IS : QUALITY OF GAME != SIZE OF GAME

it's quality not quantity that counts.....at leats that's the last thing i whisper every night.

Hehe, I laughed when I saw him talk about the number of e-mails he gets starting with "I have a P2 and Win 95..." LOL. Some people just have no common sense. :bounce:

Lethal8472 said:
Hehe, I laughed when I saw him talk about the number of e-mails he gets starting with "I have a P2 and Win 95..." LOL. Some people just have no common sense. :bounce:

Maybe they allmost have common sense,but not a good pc so they just wanna know what to expect when the game comes out.

If you had common sense you would know your computer that is almost 10 years old won't run this game :)

He had a P2 PC? Ew... :E

Anyway can anyone really confirm if HL2 will also be out on DVD (not talking CE)?

Vortigaunts can speak ay? That'll be wierd

They spoke in HL1 in their own language, maybe by HL2 they've just learned how to speak english :)

They spoke a simplified version of English in the original Half-Life...it was like they were learning it on the fly.

Back on the 2 gig size, that's just straight up HL2, it will be bigger if you want the sdk, CS:S, DoD:S and other crap, i mean, other wonderful blessings.

But still, I agree getting that down to 2 gigs is proof of proper code compilation/ compression.

btw, what does a DVD hold up to? 4 gig-ish or somethin?

again on the same actor for barney/gman..........also note that in blueshift you never see the gman. (i think?)

and also a note to all the trekkies in the forums, Michelle Forbes (Dr. Judith Mossman) played 'ensign ro' in the next generation.

For those who think 3.5 gigs is small, think again. Valve has heavily optimized the game for computers even 4 or 5 years old. So obviuosly those kinds only had around 17 or 20 GB of HDD.

whoever said farcry was 4.5 or something, have you ever no-cliped your way thru the levels, there is so much extra area on the levels, wasted space and such...its like a plane going into infinity filled with grassy land....maybe thats why it takes so long to load and runs so crappily..

Dr0ndeh said:
again on the same actor for barney/gman..........also note that in blueshift you never see the gman. (i think?)

and also a note to all the trekkies in the forums, Michelle Forbes (Dr. Judith Mossman) played 'ensign ro' in the next generation.
You see him but he never talks, nor does barney

bloop

Im curious to why no one has posted this information in the stickied info thread? :cheese:

I can see the vortiguants speaking english now! *has images of the smart one from Gremlins 2*

"I say Gordon, be a good chap and pass me that spanner"

Back