Info from gamestop

Reaction score
Look, it says a little bit of info about the ce..

Not sure if anyone has noticed yet..

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=645921

In addition to a limited edition DVD-ROM version of Half-Life 2, this Collector’s Edition also includes:
- Counter-Strike: Source – The next generation of the #1 online action game
- Half-Life: Source – Digitally remastered version of the original critically acclaimed PC game
- Free Limited Edition T-shirt – Offered in men’s size XL only
- Half-Life 2 Prima Book – Information on character backgrounds, the making of the game, and more than 100 pieces of artwork

Oh wow,. nice find

sux the shirt comes in XL only,. I'd much rather have a medium..
If its just the TShirt and the Prima Book, I think I'll pass. I already have a HL2 tshirt (though I certainly would buy another! just not for $80)

Its kinda stupid how they call it a 'free' tshirt when people paid $30 extra for the bonus stuff.

free tshirt? this is the first ive heard about this.

so, cs:s won't come out in the regular editions? just the collector's one?

If thats all it comes with I think I might not buy it..

I wonder if hl source and cs source come with the regular version..

CSS does come with regular HL2

And there are more things then are included on that list, I am sure.

good find :D
now i do not know how "official" the items listed at gamestop are, but im certainly happy that the HL2 Prima book seems to be part of the CE :)

im still hoping for a plush headcrab toy.. and/or perhaps a scientist doll saying "why do we have to wear these ridiculous ties" :LOL:

edit: someone wanna email Gabe or Doug and find out how accurate this item listing is? :p

Pfft.

I'm gonna get the regular edition. CS:Soure and HL:Soure are gonna be free anyway, definitely not gonna use a strategy guide and there's no way in hell I'm gonna be wearing some ill-fitting baggy-ass HL2 T-Shirt around town. I was hoping for some cool shit from the limited edition. Whatever.....more money to spend on the Halo 2 limited edition that comes with a DVD.

In addition to a []limited edition[] (DVD-ROM) version of Half-Life 2, this Collector’s Edition also includes:

Thats worth 80$ to me.

Raziel-Jcd said:
In addition to a []limited edition[] (DVD-ROM) version of Half-Life 2, this Collector’s Edition also includes:

Thats worth 80$ to me.

£60,

yeah your right its equal to $80-$90 :p

Half-Life 2 Special Edition
Publisher: Vivendi Universal Games
Developer: Vivendi Universal Games
Platform: PC
Category: Shooters,Online

...Burn them! :p

Tarkus said:
so, cs:s won't come out in the regular editions? just the collector's one?

thanks for more speculating you stupid, after VALVe havs repeatedly stated every version of HL2 will include CS: S.

OmegaBlue said:
thanks for more speculating you stupid, after VALVe havs repeatedly stated every version of HL2 will include CS: S.

All you do OmegaBlue is flame people and call them stupid. I seriously feel compelled to report almost every one of your posts. Please start acting with a little maturity or go away.

OmegaBlue said:
thanks for more speculating you stupid
I think the '?' symbols at the end of his sentences indicate he was unsure of this point and wanted somebody else to clarify. :dozey:

play nice!

... and now he's banned. Want some entertainment? Go to his profile and read his post history. Guy's favourite word was "Dumbass"...

OmegaBlue
I thought there was going to be a copy of HL2 that was just that hl2 w/ out hl source and cs source.. could be wrong

digitally remastered? lol. as opposed to halflife 1 which was analog?

ScRaTcH-A-HoLiC said:
Look, it says a little bit of info about the ce..

Not sure if anyone has noticed yet..

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=645921

In addition to a limited edition DVD-ROM version of Half-Life 2, this Collector’s Edition also includes:
- Counter-Strike: Source – The next generation of the #1 online action game
- Half-Life: Source – Digitally remastered version of the original critically acclaimed PC game
- Free Limited Edition T-shirt – Offered in men’s size XL only
- Half-Life 2 Prima Book – Information on character backgrounds, the making of the game, and more than 100 pieces of artwork

oh shit no hl2 mp :angry: ;(

cenmocay said:
oh shit no hl2 mp :angry: ;(
Stop jumping to conclusions, people.

If they say theres a tshirt, then I'd think there is. They shouldn't be advertising that unless they know.
But other then that, I'm sure gamestop does not know what software VALVe intends on packaging with the games. So they post what they know, but I am 100% sure there is more.

It would be funny if the so called "SURPRISE" was a lousy friggin t-shirt.. lol :rolling:

f|uke said:
Stop jumping to conclusions, people.

If they say theres a tshirt, then I'd think there is. They shouldn't be advertising that unless they know.
But other then that, I'm sure gamestop does not know what software VALVe intends on packaging with the games. So they post what they know, but I am 100% sure there is more.

Yup. If there is more then good stuff. If there isnt...like i said before.

Raziel-Jcd said:

Thats worth 80$ to me.

Ok, ok, I think cenmocay gets the point ;)
No hard feelings there cen.

the t-shirt, book etc i dont really care about.. but im considering wether i'd pay the amount for another game (which could be any game out) for having hl2 on a dvd (no cd swapping - not that there would be with steam anyway)... and HL:Source, now, HL:S i would like... but i dont want to pay another 30 quid which could go on Rome:total war, Halo 2 or a weeks food. im quite disapointed :(

I believe that with just those items there it's worth it value wise. Don't get me wrong I do hope there is more because I love free swag but when you think you'd normally pay $50 for the game, easily $20 for the shirt, $15-$20 for the book..that's $85-90 so it's not like you're getting ripped off. Me personaly..I want a HL action figure.

I'm sorry..the book retails for $29.99 so that's a total of $100.

i know theres probably some rather large geeks on this forum, but who the ****s gunna walk around wearing a half life 2 t shirt

pingu said:
i know theres probably some rather large geeks on this forum, but who the ****s gunna walk around wearing a half life 2 t shirt
Its all about presentation, my friend.

I got a HL2 tshirt at E3 2003. Its very stylish,. nothing but the orange HL2 logo on a black shirt. I have actually worn this to some trendy hotspots under a nice open dress shirt, and not only does it look really cool, but some of those in the know have stopped me and commented on how they're hyped on the game too, etc

As long as it is not some stupid graphic of a headcrab or something, but just the modestly designed HL2 logo, those who dont know will just think its some abstract (but cool looking) symbol, and those who do know will apriciate it.

yea!

pingu said:

heyyy whats wrong with a hl2 tshirt?? :cheers:

f|uke said:
Its all about presentation, my friend.

I got a HL2 tshirt at E3 2003. Its very stylish,. nothing but the orange HL2 logo on a black shirt. I have actually worn this to some trendy hotspots under a nice open dress shirt, and not only does it look really cool, but some of those in the know have stopped me and commented on how they're hyped on the game too, etc

As long as it is not some stupid graphic of a headcrab or something, but just the modestly designed HL2 logo, those who dont know will just think its some abstract (but cool looking) symbol, and those who do know will apriciate it.

That's how everyone should try and wear a gaming shirt, or anything else that might be considered "nerdy." It would most certainly help with the ever present stereotype that if you play games, you're some freak nerd who locks himself in his room until he's dead from malnutrition. Great job, and Viva la revolucion (for those that have played Grim Fandango :))!

pingu said:

Shmozy.

pingu said:

people who aren't whipped by social trends and popular fashion as you are.

poseyjmac said:
people who aren't whipped by social trends and popular fashion as you are.

LMAO, love your avatar :D

Back