Initial charge already sold-out!

Z

ZoNicONE

According to the german IT-News website Golem.de, the inital charge of a few hundred thousand units has already been sold out. VU Games stated that the demand exceeded their expectations. The second charge is already in production seven days before the first even hit the shelves. Shortcomings are NOT to be expected.

For all of you who can speak german, click here to read the full news.
For those who can't, the Fish is your friend

bleh could a HUMAN translate that page for me pleasee :|

DigiQ8 said:
bleh could a HUMAN translate that page for me pleasee :|

Uh, I'll try it, but don't expect it to be much better than babelfish xD

Half Life 2 - First charge already sold out

VU Games already started reproduction before release

Seven days before the official release on November 16th 2004, the shooter Half-Life 2 is already sold out according to Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games). The cause of that are a few hundredthousand preorders, which exceeded the initial expectations, said the publisher.

The second charge of Half-Life 2 is already in Production. "Many of our customers have raised their orders again during the last few days", says Thomas Mohlen, the sales manager of VU Games Germany. They try to cover all orders in time with the second charge.

Delivery shouldn't be a problem for those with broadband internet though, as Half-Life 2 developer Valve Software is planning to release the game at the same time online via Steam.

"~which exceeded the initial expectations, said the publisher."

Bloody idiots...

ZoNicONE said:
Uh, I'll try it, but don't expect it to be much better than babelfish xD

Half Life 2 - First charge already sold out

VU Games already started reproduction before release

Seven days before the official release on November 16th 2004, the shooter Half-Life 2 is already sold out according to Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games). The cause of that are a few hundredthousand preorders, which exceeded the initial expectations, said the publisher.

The second charge of Half-Life 2 is already in Production. "Many of our customers have raised their orders again during the last few days", says Thomas Mohlen, the sales manager of VU Games Germany. They try to cover all orders in time with the second charge.

Delivery shouldn't be a problem for those with broadband internet though, as Half-Life 2 developer Valve Software is planning to release the game at the same time online via Steam.
it is much better :p

" The cause of that are a few hundredthousand preorders. "
wtf !?

DigiQ8 said:
it is much better :p

" The cause of that are a few hundredthousand preorders. "
wtf !?

It's said something like "in the high 6-digit numbers" in the original, didn't know if it's the same in english, so I just made it a little more simple.

Well, its sold out, that doesn't mean no shops will have it, it just means that all the shops have ordered it and are ready to sell sell sell! :D

Thanks for the translation by the way.

_-_-SELAS-_-_ said:
Well, its sold out, that doesn't mean no shops will have it, it just means that all the shops have ordered it and are ready to sell sell sell! :D

sold out means that they sold every copy.

So if they didn't make more you could not get it retail if you haven't preordered, because it is sold out because of the pre orders.

They are making more and hopefully they can deliver enough on time.

joepjens said:
sold out means that they sold every copy.

So if they didn't make more you could not get it retail if you haven't preordered, because it is sold out because of the pre orders.

They are making more and hopefully they can deliver enough on time.

Or they could do what Game did to me a few years ago. My mam went to pick up a game she'd preordered and they said "Sorry, we've all sold out".

Back