Inputting the HL2 ATi Key, But I have made an account already

J

jackofthetrade32

Inputting the HL2 ATI Key, But I have made an account already..
Are they saying that I can use the CD-key two times?

I know what they can do.
They can merge the accounts.
Steam can ask for a CD-key or an entire account email with password.
However, doing so can cause major hack attempts on peoples' accounts.
So make sure you guys think of the best solution.

jackofthetrade32 said:
Inputting the HL2 ATI Key, But I have made an account already..
Are they saying that I can use the CD-key two times?

I know what they can do.
They can merge the accounts.
Steam can ask for a CD-key or an entire account email with password.
However, doing so can cause major hack attempts on peoples' accounts.
So make sure you guys think of the best solution.

What the hell does this look like, VALVe tech support? Why do we have to think of the best solution when it isn't our responsibility?

You know the ATi key unlocks the half-life 1 stuff anyway, so ur second ATI account has it all already, just dump the first account, (unless u own CZ)

If the account isn't used, you get an email from Gabe after 30 days asking why you arent using it (a link to the steam site) and i dont know if they close the account and give the cd-key back or what but they might :-/. you could try that.

I'lve already used my CD-Key to obtain the Valve Premiere Pack, do i still get HL2 and CS:Source Beta?

boo

Sparta said:
I'lve already used my CD-Key to obtain the Valve Premiere Pack, do i still get HL2 and CS:Source Beta?

yes!!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

i have used my CD-key on the ati site (becouse i already have al half life games except cz) so i dont need the premier pack, and i mailed al my stuff to them too.

but one question: can i use this key to make an new account and get all those halflife games or cant i becouse i already registered on the ati site. (becouse i would like a new account)

oh and will that premier pack still be playable after i received/installed half-life 2 (iam not going to download it, i want the real thing in my hands)

What are you stupid. The second HL2 comes out. HL1 is gone off the account. nub

I post this stuff here because I know that people will see it and someone will take action.
Like when I complained that us HL2 key owners wouldn't get the beta. I complained and they heard.
oh, I either was the first or one of the first people to say it on these forums.

jackofthetrade32 said:
What are you stupid. The second HL2 comes out. HL1 is gone off the account. nub

I post this stuff here because I know that people will see it and someone will take action.
Like when I complained that us HL2 key owners wouldn't get the beta. I complained and they heard.
oh, I either was the first or one of the first people to say it on these forums.

My, aren't we witty. Where exactly did you draw your conclusion about HL1 disappearing once HL2 is released from? It won't happen, because some people that play on steam may not be getting HL2 for a while. Also, people that actually paid money for the origional half-life games would be out of luck. If you are concearned about your account, it would be much more beneficial to e-mail VALVe about it.

A word of advice: Adressing someone as a "nub" is idiotic. :rolleyes:

Wow, shut the f u c k up Sedako. Damn, your an idiot!
I got it from the contract and if you would have freaking read what I said, you wouldn't of posted that.
I didn't say shit about the people that used HL1 CD-keys for their Steam account. Did I?
Didn't think so. I said that if you used your HL2 CD-key, then then agreement is that we would only get HL1 until HL2 was released. I get my information from their website, where else.
SO SHUT THE f u c k UP!

http://www.ati.com/gitg/promotions/hl2offer/
"This is a limited time bonus offer that expires once Half-Life® 2 is available."

Also beephole admins. Fix the bug where if someone posts, it doesn't show it after it has been moved! Also it shows two locations. It copied, didn't move

If you want to use your HL2 coupn now, your gonna have to make a whole new account. If you want to use it w/a old account your gonna have to wait till HL2 comes out. If you use it now you have access to all the mods that are currently out except for CZ. Once HL2 comes out you will no longer have access to the premier pack.

so if i make an account i have 2 accounts:
half-life 1 + mods and stuff
half-life 2 + mods and stuff

one thing is for shure if i have half-life 2 it will be a very long time untill i touch half-life 1 again

KillaH said:
so if i make an account i have 2 accounts:
half-life 1 + mods and stuff
half-life 2 + mods and stuff

one thing is for shure if i have half-life 2 it will be a very long time untill i touch half-life 1 again
if u use hl2 account now you will have

account 1- hl1 and its mods
account 2(hl2 coupon) - hl1 and its mods xcept cz UNTIL hl2 comes out. then you will have account 2 - hl2 and cs:source

HL1 will not disappear from the account. It just means that you won't be able to use the coupon to recieve HL1 once HL2 goes on retail.

then i will make an new account when iam back from my week vacation in Italy

jackofthetrade32, you're really not helping yourself with an attitude like that. Flaming and excessive swearing (not to mention circumventing the swear filter) are not tolerated on this site, so consider this as an official warning. Clean up your act.

Back