Integrated Graphics

kickass2009

Reaction score
I want to be able to run counterstrike on my old computer its about 3-4 years old. Its got more then enough ram because I put in a 256 stick (it only had 128) and the procesor should be enough because its 450 mhz but the only thing from stopping me from playing cs on it is that the integrated graphics card doesnt have 3d aceleration. I want to buy a PCI graphics card (probably 64mb) but i dont know if it will interfere with the integrated. If i install the video card will windows xp still reconize the integrated or not. I know how to install all this stuff but if its to much of a problem i just wont bother at all. And yes i do have a better rig but im constinatly getting kicked off it buy my parents and sister so they can use it.

Just go into bios (usually Delete) before the PC boots and disable the onboard Video.

Yeah, it should be under "Integrated features" or something on the lines of that.

Or usually, when you put a new graphics card into a motherboard with intergrated graphics it will default to the new one that you had just put in. It did with my old old compaq (celeron 766, 128 ram, 64 meg radeon 7000). Good luck man

The fags at the store said that a 32 mb card wont run counterstrike is this true and should spend an extra 50 bucks to buy a 64 mb card? I know a 32 mb should run cs because my friends lap top run cs with a 16mb card. Just want to check

Counterstrike should definately run on a 32 mb card, it's based off the HL1 Engine.

i run cs in my spare comp that has a 32mb card. (ati rage 128 pro) it runs fine most of the time in opengl mode @~45-50fps but once in a while it crashes...

at 800x600 res (15in monitor, cant see stuff if i got to higher res)

Back