Interesting gun damage results in css

THUGENSTEIN

Reaction score
I've ran some test on zombie bots to really see how much each gun deals in css. I've found some really wierd and unexplainable stuff. For instance, dual berettas deal same damage as USP and more than P228, fiveseven and glock. What's that all about? Last I remembered the duals dealed the least because of the high clip capacities. Also I found that the P90 smg deals the most damage! Huh? It's accuracy is not worse than the others, 50 round clip yet much more damage. Also have found that TMP deals the same amount of damage as MP5 and Mac10. Gali deals more damage than AUG and costs 1,500 less. Are things in this game alittle off balance? Are some of the damages different from cs 1.6?

Going back and forth from 1.6 and source like I do that kinda makes sence the dmg per hit per area of body do seem to be diffrent enough to notice.

They would be almost the same as 1.6
Bullet damage in CS is calculated with most emphasis on the bullet calibre; eg, the tmp is 9mm, as is the MP5 and Mac10.
Galil is probably 7.62 and aug is 5.56
P90 is a bit odd there, but it has AP rounds- so maybe thats why

I think it would make sense for AP bullets only to do more against armor, but to be the same as far as damage goes. ((Pierces armor more effectively , but in reality does same damage))

bliink said:
They would be almost the same as 1.6
Bullet damage in CS is calculated with most emphasis on the bullet calibre; eg, the tmp is 9mm, as is the MP5 and Mac10.
Galil is probably 7.62 and aug is 5.56
P90 is a bit odd there, but it has AP rounds- so maybe thats why

i have always thought the gun dmg was odd in this game and heres why....

9mm round is a very uneffecent round dmpping only about 10%-20% of its energy when it hits....the 5.7x28 ammo (P90 and the FN FiveseveN) dumps more than 75% when it enters making it highly effective in the ammt of dmg it does (In real life)

as for kevlar in cs:s...well kevlar wont stop any of the rifle rounds...but yet i seem to live longer with it on...also the type of ammo these guns shoot is odd...the awp can use .338 (this is the size in cs:s), but can also use .308, .308 mag, .308 super mag(which is what i would pick(BIG HOLE)), the scout can also shoot a .308 but instead it says 7.62, but its not the same rouns as the ak....ak = 7.62 x 39... scout = 7.62 x 54

few others things too but i dont want to type anymore

Oh wait.. we all forgot a critical bit of info!

CSS is a computer game!

ahh.. it all makes sense now! :)

Naw man in the original CS shit was different. Like duals werent as strong as no USP etc.

About only thing i would like to see changed is the console display of the damages. By this i mean a break down of the hits, like was used with some mods for the original CS.

IE: Head, Leg, Arm, Chest, etc.

Not that it truely matters, but it would be nice to know why when i shoot someone with a m4a1 (colt) no silencer from point-blank 5 times and only do 53 dmg. (Toe shot on someone with steal-toe boots maybe???)

R`SiN said:
Not that it truely matters, but it would be nice to know why when i shoot someone with a m4a1 (colt) no silencer from point-blank 5 times and only do 53 dmg. (Toe shot on someone with steal-toe boots maybe???)

likewise with that damn autosniper on the other side of aztec who hits you once the second you move out of cover and does 236 dmg :LOL:

I'm sure the British Army has the AWM as their main sniper rifle these days, and I'm also sure its been rechambered for 7.62 Nato.
I think the original calibre when the AWM came out was something like .308 Lapua magnum, Someone can probably elaborate on this.

Whatever!
Its been said that the hit boxes in CS source are screwed and lag behind the models, Taking this approach, and seeing how I've been aiming for the head and not connecting, I decided a couple of nights ago, to aim for the centre of the chest, For some reason my headshots have increased, Certainly when using the AK, as the recoil tends to stick one bullet in the chest area and the second round strikes the head, now! When before aiming at the head might miss altogether, Seeing how most people resort to crazy bunny hopping to try to knock your aim off.

yeah ive had some weird times
one time i had a KRIEG (the t version of the bullpup) and my enemy had a carbine, i was shooting at his head croutched, and he was standing, and he shot me (not a headshot)
i reccomend moving side to side because that usually hits the hitboxes...

it is different, but frankly i like it better. much more variety of guns in use now instead of just the set number. Seriously, how many p90 kills did u see in 1.6? practically none! they made all the guns more usable now and i like it :)

Deemo said:
it is different, but frankly i like it better. much more variety of guns in use now instead of just the set number. Seriously, how many p90 kills did u see in 1.6? practically none! they made all the guns more usable now and i like it :)

I used to BALL OUT with P90. Gangsta ass shit in 747, camping for 20 minutes and then they all find me I'd pop 4-5 fools to the dome with it.

Back