Interesting HL2 Facts I didn't know...

CreedoG

Reaction score
Here are some things from the "Everything we know about HL2" article on IGN that I hadn't heard before:

1. Headcrab varieties:

The head-crab makes an appearance in two versions now -- one sleak and sporty and one big and heavy. (There's also a flying variety but we don't want to give anyone nightmares so we won't mention it -- except to say that we're not mentioning it.)

I saw the normal looking headcrabs in the videos... did anyone else see the "big and heavy" version in any screenshots or movies? Or how about the flying ones??

2. Assassin Robot:

There are plenty of other enemies here, including a snazzy new assassin robot, but Valve is keeping some of the details under wraps.

Anyone else hear about a snazzy assassin robot?

3. Half-Life 2 Timeframe:

An intentionally indefinite length of time has passed since the incident at Black Mesa. (When you find out how long it's been, you'll know why we can't tell you.)

uhm... First off, how does this guy have inside info on HL2? Secondly, with a statement like that, you'd have to assume then, that either this game takes place immediately after the first game, or a long time after the first game. Since Dr. Vance has gray hair, (as he did in the first game), you wouldn't think a lot of time has past, so maybe it happens immediately afterwards? Or maybe Gordon comes back to a completely different Earth time continuum??? Any ideas on this strange comment?

Here's the source:
http://pc.ign.com/articles/495/495499p1.html

Think you missed a couple gamespot interviews o.o

that info has already been confirmed in previous interviews with valve. No, i don't think we've seen any other varieties of headcrab or assasin robot, but they have been confirmed.

The length of time between HL1 and HL2 has already been discussed to death, it isn't 'inside info' as it was released freely in several interviews. If you're interested try a forum search.

Quote: "Since Dr. Vance has gray hair, (as he did in the first game), you wouldn't think a lot of time has past, so maybe it happens immediately afterwards? "

---

I always thought that grey hair was the last color hair has in a lifetime..?

Xenome said:
Quote: "Since Dr. Vance has gray hair, (as he did in the first game), you wouldn't think a lot of time has past, so maybe it happens immediately afterwards? "

---

You are correct... maybe he's thinking... with a stretch... white?

I think the scientist model that looks most like Eli Vance already has grey hair in HL1, it would theoretically be more grey if a lot of time had passed.

i would think it wouldnt be right after because, wasnt it mentioned that Alyx was a child during the Black Mesa incident and well, now shes grown up.

jabberwock95 said:
The length of time between HL1 and HL2 has already been discussed to death, it isn't 'inside info' as it was released freely in several interviews. If you're interested try a forum search.

I've been involved in plenty of discussions here about the amount of time between the first game and the second game. But we were all just speculating on what we think could be the amount of time. As far as I knew from our discussions, we figured it was a couple of years or so between games. Not that big of a deal.

But this guy states: "(When you find out how long it's been, you'll know why we can't tell you.) " . Which implies he knows exactly how long it's been between games, and it's pivotal to the story.

And you think it's been released freely in several interviews, so you should know off hand. (Like it's 400 years after, which really would make it pivotal to the story). So go ahead and tell us mistar!!!

slicktick said:
i would think it wouldnt be right after because, wasnt it mentioned that Alyx was a child during the Black Mesa incident and well, now shes grown up.

That makes sense, good point. I think I read that in an interview too.

Xenome said:

---

I meant that since he had gray hair in the original game, he seems to be close to the same age in the second game.

Although some people go partly gray by 18, so I guess it could have been 30 years or more.

I'm guessing that more than just the black mesa complex was getting screwed by aliens, during half-life 1

Well, I think that by "Assasin Robot" , they mean the assasiness, that lady in white with the orange lense in her helmet.

Brian Damage said:
Well, I think that by "Assasin Robot" , they mean the assasiness, that lady in white with the orange lense in her helmet.

Assasiness? lady in white with orange lense in her helmet? I HAVE missed some stuff (or this is beta nfo).

thanks for the info!

CreedoG said:
Assasiness? lady in white with orange lense in her helmet? I HAVE missed some stuff (or this is beta nfo).

thanks for the info!

hes on about the concept art

Heheh, I guess thats the sniper rifle they are on about in the other thread.....

The head-crab makes an appearance in two versions now -- one sleak and sporty and one big and heavy. (There's also a flying variety but we don't want to give anyone nightmares so we won't mention it -- except to say that we're not mentioning it.)

I think theres supposed to be several types of headcrab, each able to create a specific type of zombie, with different abilities. eg the normal zombies, and other types, perhaps a bit more aggressive, who knows.. Intresting and scary :O .

one question... does anyone have the slightest clue why the Vortigans (if thats how you spell it) are your allies?

clarky003 said:
one question... does anyone have the slightest clue why the Vortigans (if thats how you spell it) are your allies?

Are they your allies then? If they are, it's probably because they're not under the Nihilanth's control anymore.

exactley what I was thinking, because youve liberated them they want to help you. :E cool

god dude, that's so ****ing old

clarky003 said:
I heard that they were a few times.
Bullsquids and barnicles are supposed to return as well, but I for some reason think they will still want to kill you. ;)

Man. You people actually know the names of the cannonfodd- I mean Scientists.

...They died so easy...

Brian Damage said:

its not... trust me.. and no i havent downloaded any illegal shit, and iw ouldnt .. but i HAVE unfortunately stumbled upon screenies that i thought were legit but werent. -_-... i wont of course discuss it here but lord knows i rolled my eyes when i stumbled on them... mumbling "oh thanks! really! go ahead and ruin it!" lol.. so yea if u wanna know more email or pm me.

-Epsil0n

SnowBall said:
I heard that they were a few times.
Bullsquids and barnicles are supposed to return as well, but I for some reason think they will still want to kill you. ;)

I reckon it's because they're just animals. The Vortigaunts (note proper spelling :p), however, seem intelligent.

vortigaunts can talk, as far as im concerned. so yes, they're intelligent.

Wesisapie said:
vortigaunts can talk, as far as im concerned. so yes, they're intelligent.

::eps is scared and gots dee biggest wierded out look::

...oh did they Wesisapie?... the houndeyes chatted with you? ehehe

-Epsil0n

didnt you hear them in HL1? not really talking but taunting.

Wesisapie said:
didnt you hear them in HL1? not really talking but taunting.

ic....and what did these things taunt you with?
go ahead Wesisapie, lay down, relax.. and tell me about your childhood..did your father beat you when you were young? were these houndeyes talking about that?

lol... seriously dude.. they grunt and MAYBE roar... but taunting?.. lol.. thats giving em a lil too much credit, if you ask me.. lol..

funny tho.

-Epsil0n

how do you presume that the humans and vortigaunts became allies, if not from some form of intelligent communication?

Epsilon, they do talk, you can hear them if you listen:

"DIE! DIE!"

...etc. They seem a little crazed.

Back