Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::Present()

I just registered to let you know that disabling Catalyst A.I. solved it for me.

Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::present() FIX IT!!!!!

ok i know now how to fix it, i have been looking for an answer to this for about a week now... and what do you know. Ok to fix the problem in any game folow these simple steps TO SALVATION lol.

• firstly go to my games, right click on the game you would like to fix.
  • scroll down to properties and then select the "General" tab.
  • After open up "set launch options..."
  • When you have opened it up type in the following"-windowed -dxlevel 70" (without the speech marks)"
This will make the program run in a window, but it will stop it crashing.
:cheers:​

hi
i have the same problem...
it?s appear IDIrect3DDevice 9....
What I do???

ok i know now how to fix it, i have been looking for an answer to this for about a week now... and what do you know. Ok to fix the problem in any game folow these simple steps TO SALVATION lol.

• firstly go to my games, right click on the game you would like to fix.
  • scroll down to properties and then select the "General" tab.
  • After open up "set launch options..."
  • When you have opened it up type in the following"-windowed -dxlevel 70" (without the speech marks)"
This will make the program run in a window, but it will stop it crashing.
:cheers:​

thats what you do :sniper:​

Hi Guys

I've got an nVidia 7300 GS with the lates drivers and it still causes these problems. i read somewhere down the line, that it seems to have a problem with p2p programs. Crashes with em and without on my pc. But behaviour is random. Sometimes I can play for hours without issues, sometimes I can't. Any real resolution will be very helpful.

Thanks

Yeah i got the "IDirect3DDevice9" error fixed but when i try to play i get this error instead:

"The instruction at "Ox241f94b7" reffered memory at "0x01100cc8". The Memory could not be "read"

Anyone else got this 1 caus i dont know what to do??

Im playing Dark Messiah btw not HL

The IDirect3DDevice9 sounds just like a directX/Driver problem....You can either try different drivers, or lower the dxlevel through launch options.

Thx for answering so quick and i will try that fix.
Do u think it will work for Dark Messiah to or just HL?

Yeah that fix solved it for me i think. I have played around 40 min now without the error

Everyone who get's that error should try that fix as it is known that the looping sound crash and the IDirect3DDevice9 Present()are related.The reason it's happening usually is you are running out of page pool memory so there's not enough space for the shaders and it crashes.The fix should work on all source games.

GUYS ITS ALL RELATIVE TO YOUR COMPUTER, IF YOUR CPU(GPU) GFX, SFX, DRIVERS, VIDEO SCCREEN SIZES, PERIPHERALS, HARD DRIVES. now theres only one fix for some computers, some cant run with that hardware, some have no fix(compatibility fault), some have fixes that work for others too, its really complicated. personally, i never get these errors unless i get bored and keylogg the gamez and just do something thats not allowed like picking up the buggy, airboat, an apc, or something else that is not normally possible. its very different for each computer, its more of a puzzle, a multiplayer puzzle, that some people cant solve, some do the math different but they all get the same answer.

yep I am getting this problem,
internal driver error in Idirect3Ddevice 9::present0
is there any one out there who can help

Ok lets end this post once and forall, your error is most likely becuase your page pool memory is too low, it really has noting to do with directx. I had the same exact problem a while ago and the solution is simple just go here and check out my post, it should be the last one http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60382&page=3. This will also fix the CmeshDX8::LockVertexBuffer error.

try changing your desktop back to one that css worked with before....ik it sounds totally obsurb, but it worked for me twice.

Same problem, but I fixed it.

I was having the same problem as everyone else. What I did, a temporary fix at best, but I turned off my firewall, my MSN messenger, and my Antivirus/Spyware. After that it worked just fine with no problems. I don't know if it will work for everyone else, but it's worth a try.

.:final Solution:.

Download this fix, unpack, apply, restart Your machine and take pleasure in playing HL2 with no more "IDirect3DDevice9::present()" very irritating (i know it, i had to cope with it by my self :/) error.

Besides the link at the bottom,i placed the fix over here as well:

http://rapidshare.com/files/74374548/half_life_2_IDirect3DDevice9Present_error_fix.rar.html

http://www.megaupload.com/pl/?d=4I7JFJNM

Hope it will work for all of You guys so no more posts will be necessary in this topic.. and therefore, it'll be closed. Hopefully.. Have fun :) and be irritated no more.

Attachments

• half_life_2_IDirect3DDevice9Present_error_fix.zip
    384 bytes · Views: 208
Download this fix, unpack, apply, restart Your machine and take pleasure in playing HL2 with no more "IDirect3DDevice9::present()" very irritating (i know it, i had to cope with it by my self :/) error.

Besides the link at the bottom,i placed the fix over here as well:

http://rapidshare.com/files/74374548/half_life_2_IDirect3DDevice9Present_error_fix.rar.html

http://www.megaupload.com/pl/?d=4I7JFJNM

Hope it will work for all of You guys so no more posts will be necessary in this topic.. and therefore, it'll be closed. Hopefully.. Have fun :) and be irritated no more.

Just a warning that fix messes around with your page pool size which can cause problems.

Your better doing it yourselves as every computer is different so you may need to increase it more than that fix allows and you can put it back to normal when done.Use this link to do it http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?t=131328

...You're right. messing with your registry can cause problems, but it won't necceserily do as long as you don't put in there anything really stupid (like creating a value over your memory capacity in the pagepoolarea) or clean it from anything important (like removing the entry).

Anyway if You encaunter any problems with Your system after applying the fix or finish playing HL2 just get that "defix" you see at the bottom, apply and restart Your machine. This'll get Your registry to the initial point.

Attachments

• half_life_2_IDirect3DDevice9Present_error_defix.zip
    385 bytes · Views: 221
hey guys. i have the same problem i start playing css n after like 3 minutess, ill get this errror.
ive updated all drivers n tried prety much everything
nothing seems to work
i running it on a brand new laptop with vista

HELPP PLEASEE!!!!!

Bro me too!!!

i get this same problem but only after i updated the drivers for my ati x1300 512mb card..
i updated last night and ever since i get this message
engine error
internal driver error in idirect3ddevice9::present()

i get that same shit when i play cs:s and DoD, it sucks so much and i get that when i updated my ATI drivers and when i uninstall them. It sometimes leads to the Blue Screen of death. How can i fix this??!?!?!?!?!?!? ahhhhhhhhhhhh i get that with all my steam games

yaa i tried it but it still does'nt work. It was already on the 384Mb option, so i changed it to the 256Mb option, but i still get the same error!!!

specs

1.90 AMD Turion 64 X2 processor
2 GB DDR2 Ram
80 GB Hard Drive
ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 video card (256 Mb)

im running it on a Dell Inspiron 1501 with Windows Vista Home Basic

Ok, I'm having a similar problem here...I have a Toshiba Satellite notebook with a dual core 1.66 GHz processor, 1.5 GB of RAM, and an ATI Radeon Xpress 200M graphics card and Windows Vista Home Basic. I can't even get Team Fortress to start without the APPCRASH error in the hl2.exe file. I can start Half Life 2 as well but I get the IDirect3DDevice9::present() when I try to enter the first level. I know I have the most up to date drivers and I've attempted starting both applications in directX 8.0 niether of which have worked. Anyone have any ideas?

dang i'm still getting this arrghg. games will work sometiems and other times they won't work at all.

right now it's cs:s that gets the error while tf2 loads fine. dod:s was the first game to start giving me the error a lot. this is getting pretty damn frustrating since the issue just popped up out of nowhere.

i've tried raising the heapsize, raising paged pool memory, turning off a.i. in catalyst control center, and i'm not even running an anti-virus. same annoying shit. any other advice?

Specs:
3ghz p3
ati x700 pro
1gig ddr1 ram

my radeon drivers are probably a couple versions behind so i guess i'll update now. doubt it will help though as i've had this problem for almost a year now. thanks for any help.

Ewww

Right away i have the same problem
Only My HL2 Worked Good before
Untill now
Its very weird i could play this game so good
but i keep getting the error
Couldnt even play hl2mods :(
Somebody find a fix ????
i Will appiciate that

dang i'm still getting this arrghg. games will work sometiems and other times they won't work at all.

right now it's cs:s that gets the error while tf2 loads fine. dod:s was the first game to start giving me the error a lot. this is getting pretty damn frustrating since the issue just popped up out of nowhere.

i've tried raising the heapsize, raising paged pool memory, turning off a.i. in catalyst control center, and i'm not even running an anti-virus. same annoying shit. any other advice?

Specs:
3ghz p3
ati x700 pro
1gig ddr1 ram

my radeon drivers are probably a couple versions behind so i guess i'll update now. doubt it will help though as i've had this problem for almost a year now. thanks for any help.

I maight add that
If ur Hl2 or Cs:s or other games Wont work then you maight try reinstall steam and hl2 thought
I dont reallly know if it works ..... wel
its only a idea.

Hi to all!

I have just registered to help you. I found this page using Google when i get the same error than you all. But the answer was not here. I didn´t find the answer anywhere, it was all luck. What you have to do is to install the DirectX June update from here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...75-7b26-4916-8e5f-6f88a5bc09c5&DisplayLang=en and you will never get that error again.

Bye!

You sure this works ???? did u try it you need to let us know it works or not

Velocity [ Where's the cheese? ]

I know whats ur prob.

Hey guys, I'm having the same problem during gameplay. After it crashes, I get :

"The instruction at "Ox241f94b7" reffered memory at "0x01100cc8". The Memory could not be "read"

any takers?

Well its just like with gmod sometimes
you download stuff for gmod then you overwrite a weapon and
the weapon skin or player model wont work then this error comes
just the same with BLOBMAP file in STEAM/ here
just remove any last installed things and then ul be fine:p

A fix I just found - was Norton AV

Hi,
I thought I'd share this as I've spent countless hours trying to
solve this and yesterday finally did, I'm sure it will help
SOMEONE!

Ever since I got the original half-life 2 I've been getting those
Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::present()
errors in it, and the HL2 countestrike etc. All the other apps and
games I have are stable (HL1 mods and the like), no such
thing. I have 1gb memory and 128mb on the graphics card
so it wasn't a memory limitation. I worked around it by passing
-dxlevel 70 etc and playing at lower settings. I now have
the orange box and though the same worked for 'episode
one',' episode two' and 'team fortress 2' don't accept the
dxlevel 70 fix, and would last just seconds before crashing.
I tried all sorts of things, latest directx, latest radeon drivers
etc none helped. I googled for hours, read forums, tried,
fiddled, rebooted, you know the score.

I'd tried disabling Norton autoprotect and it didn't help either.

In the latest games I got the variation stating
"you're likely out of os paged pool" but this just wasn't true,
I checked with process explorer and wasn't NEAR the limit.

I really didn't want to uninstall Norton as I couldn't see how
it was causing it but as a test last night I disabled the auto
protect of norton antivirus 2001, - and here's the *crucial* bit,
went into the windows services manager and stopped the service
"Nav Auto-Protect" and the other couple norton services.
I think that's the crucial one though. And this solved it!!!

I've not had a single crash since, and been able to play
for hours. In fact, unless it's my imagination has higher
frame rates as well.

So take it from me, Norton CAN cause these issues, and I've
given you a way to hopefully test this without going the
length of uninstalling it. I'll likely uninstall myself and use
Avira or Avast (as I've heard AVG can cause similar issues). I
have avira installed now and it's been fine so far.

I felt I had to share as other people are having these issues
and I don't think the antivirus thing is stressed enough,
I tried everything else first and wasted countless hours.

PS I used the memchecker recommended on the steampowered
site. I don't trust it, it reported an incredible (i.e. *unbelievable*)
amount of errors in my memory, which runs stable and does
crunching etc with no errors. This was definitely norton.
I can re-enable norton and everything starts crashing again.

problem with half life

Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9::present()

I'm quite computer challenged and have no idea what this means? I get the start up screen, choose new game, it then starts loading a new game and then suddenly minimizes and I get this error.

Any help appreciated please.

Internal driver error in IDirect3DDevice9:: Present()
I'm quite computer challenged and have no idea what this means? I get the start up screen, choose new game, it then starts loading a new game and then suddenly minimizes and I get this error.

Any help appreciated please.

Wow, lots uf useless "tips" by seemingly "skilled" users, like
- buy a faster graphics card
- learn to use the DirectX API
- update to the latest drivers
- reinstall Windows

None of the above will help. Fact is, even with the latest DirectX End-User Runtime (Nov 2007 at the moment) and AVG disabled the error still occurs, in my case always at the same spot in the game: in HL2 Episode 1 where you meet the first sniper. Also randomly when new data is loaded.

The bug seems to be in the Source Engine, or at least provoked by it (an error in the driver). Unfortunately, HL2 seems unable to recover from this even in the latest Steam update.

And the error has not occurred in Episode 2 or HL2 original or TF2, or in any other game.

.. oh yeah, quite unprecedented to suggest messing with the Windows memory management to fix a game bug, not going to try it.

mysterious temporary fix

This bug goes beyond the stupid to just downright irritating. theres posts here stretching back THREE (3) years for this error, all on ATi cards, all the same error...

I joined up tonight because for the last fortnight hl2ep1 was running fine and then what do you know, the old IDirect3DDevice9::present() rears its ugly head and it doesn't run at all.

tried rolling reinstalling older and newer driver versions and it did not work. tried re-downloading ep1 off steam, didn't work. then i looked through this forum and found a 2 year old post that actually fixed the cursed thing.

it seems like a ritual, but it all seems to hinge around interruoting a directx7 test. I mean i got this problem tonight and i fixed it tonight (i just finished playing through a level i couldn't even load earlier).

1. run dxdiag (run -> dxdiag)
2. under the display tab click test Direct3D
NOW YOU HAVE TO INTERRUPT THIS TEST WHEN YOUR SCREEN FIRST GOES BLACK
3. once the direct3d level 7 test begins press any random letter keys and it will say you interrupted the test by pressing a key
4. you should now let it test direct3d level 8 and 9 (hopefully without a problem; this directx cube will turn up on screen)
5. mysteriously enough, it's now fixed. launch HL2 ep 1 and enjoy!

now if you get any 'weird' error messages (OTHER than the one saying you interrupted the test by pressing a key) when dxdiag is running the first direct3d test (level 7), exit dxdiag, then run it again and try to be a bit quicker pushing some letter keys (eg. a, s, c,, whatever a couple).

if you get no problems running the direct3d levels 8 & 9 tests, you won't have any problems with that nasty old IDirect3DDevice9::present() rubbish.

So I hope this fixes up some of your persisting problems, I'm sorry I have no idea why this worker for me but I hope it works for you; just give it a try at least.

whenever you get this error (until it is fixed) you just have to repeat this.

Back