Internet Crashing Problems

Azrael.

Reaction score
Alright, so my house is all networked... We have a main computer, my computer, and my little brother's computer all on a network coming from a Linksys router on Earthlink DSL. My dad's computer is set as "Main" and is where the router is at. For some odd reason, every once and a while my internet will just start disconnecting and connecting, disconnecting and connecting, etc. once about every 30 seconds to a minute. I go to the router settings and hit "Disconnect" then "Connect" and it *sometimes* temporarily fixes the problem. Does anyone know what could be causing this or something I could possibly do to permanently fix it? Thanks.

| AMD Athlon64 3800+ Socket 939 | ABIT AV8 (K8T800 Pro Chipset) | 1GB Corsair DDR400 PC3200 | ATI Radeon X800 XT P.E. | Western Digital 120GB SATA HD | Thermaltake Xaser III SuperTower w/ 7 Fans | Sony 16xDVD | Sony 52x CD-R | Logitech Z-3500 5.1 Surround | Soundblaster Audigy 2 |

Wow you must be rich :) and sorry no i don't ;(

no, it means he's not lazy like you and has a job. (minus the XTPE hehe)

Lol, yeah BaNDiT and I worked at Los Alamos National Labs this summer, that's how I could afford this comp.

And it's a very nice comp I may add. As for your problem, I don't really know. I have my computer in my room, and the family computer is downstairs. We had a Belkin router, and it was bad, it would just lose the connection and I would have to unplug it then plug it back in to reset it, but it would sometimes do it constantly. Then we got a Linksys and haven't had a single problem since we put it in. You have a Linksys, so I know it's not a bad brand router. Do you have a wireless connection? Maybe something's interfering with it? That's all I can really think of.

Change router, you could rent one or something, and see if it fixes the problem.

Yeah, it has to be the router or modem, I have had both do a similar thing.

Hmm, if it really is the router I wonder what randomly made it stop working...

Back