Interplay Coming to Steam

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
<div align="center"></div>

[br]Interplay, the publisher of many video game hits, announced on their website that they have reached an agreement with Valve to bring Interplay titles to customers worldwide via Steam. [br]

Interplay titles including Fallout, Sacrifice and Kingpin <del datetime="2009-08-19T22:23:11+00:00">will become</del> now available for purchase via Steam.[br]

Read the full press release here.

Cool.
Sacrifice and Kingpin are pretty awesome games.

Hopefully this gets them enough capital to keep on going with V13...

Please, all of you who haven't played Sacrifice, or who remember it fondly, buy this game. I want so much for Interplay to go back to this. Such a great game, and it was gone before it should have been. With so many franchises coming back to life, if Sacrifice was also revived, I think I might just experience joy for once.

Good to see Steam in competition with GOG. We can choose for the lowest price.

GOG will be cheaper. GOG versions are compatible with XP/Vista. GOG provides support for titles they sell. GOG titles have extras such as soundtracks.

What competition?

GOG wins the day. Sorry, Gabe.

I'm sure GOG will be cheaper, but I'm also sure the Steam verisons will run on XP / Vista, Kyorisu.

Based on price people will probably default to GOG but you know people like having Steam versions of things to have everything in one place and make use of Steam community while playing. They probably won't do too bad out this partnership.

Based on price people will probably default to GOG but you know people like having Steam versions of things to have everything in one place and make use of Steam community while playing. They probably won't do too bad out this partnership.

Do you mean Steam Overlay, Samon? I thought that SO was only available for games after a certain time, and usually not older games like Fallout and the like. Or can Steam add the function?

Steam overlay will work (more or less)for pretty much every game that you create a shortcut for in your Steam Games list, regardless of whether it's actually a Steam game or not. The functionality is glitchy and broken for a lot of games, but this brokenness not limited to non-Steam games (for example, Tomb Raider: Anniversary on Steam didn't work properly with SO).

You also mistook Glenn for Samon. You're ALL over the place :stare:

You're an idiot, Xev. GOSH.

Also, not really interested in this. Don't see any games I'd like to purchase. Maybe down the line we'll get some more games.

I'm sure GOG will be cheaper, but I'm also sure the Steam verisons will run on XP / Vista, Kyorisu.

The titles are out now but how could you have been so sure? There are titles on Steam that aren't Vista compatible.

The titles are out now but how could you have been so sure? There are titles on Steam that aren't Vista compatible.

To elaborate the titles may work on Vista, but there very well could be some critical bug (Related to the host OS) somewhere that the steam version won't have fixed whilst the GOG version will.

Wait there are other Steam titles that have only been available in the US?

Yes plenty. Where have you been?

To elaborate the titles may work on Vista, but there very well could be some critical bug somewhere that the steam version won't have fixed whilst the GOG version will.

So, the GOG guys do some extensive rework on titles to make them compatible with new operating systems?
I know that they embed DOSBox for very old games, to solve all compatibility problems (and Steam could do the same). What about old windows games?

Back