ipod shuffle

Adrien C

Reaction score
I'm thinking to buy the new slick and cheap ipod shuffle. Any good/bad poitns you would like to share before I spend 145 bucks on it ?

lols.
the shuffle is good for people who dont want to spend a lot of money on a mp3 im thinking of getting one too . but 1gb seems a bit small :S .

I personally would rather get a Creative 4GB mp3 player for 1 dollar more.
(plus they actually have a display)

I had a go with my mate's a while back and they seem really good.

Shame it's a bit wide and the switch on it gets dirty way too easy (but then so does the whole unit being white).

Just a fashion accessory unless you've got a mac. Simply not worth what they're asking.

iPod shuffle sucks. Your better off becoming a consumer whore and just buying a regular iPod.

I got a mini. I love those things. (But then again, I didn't buy it. :) )

I think it's pointless - Let's create something that doesn't even allow the user to pick what song they want to listen to! or see what song it is for that matter! woooo!!! just buy another brand for the same price and is better. Mac = booo!

I want this based on portability, good battery life, and the good tomshardwareguide review.

My brother has an iPod Shuffle, and I myself have a Creative Zen Micro..

My brother got the 512 MB version, and it is very nice. The only thing I hate about it is that you cannot choose what song you want next and although the size is awesome, it is pretty much a flash drive with an audio option.. I guess it is nice, but it could have been a lot better for a cheaper price.
His price = $100.. You can probably find it cheaper on eBay or some other retailer.. It is definetly not worth the $100 for 512 or $150 for 1 GB. I do not know of the battery life, but I think it is 12-14 hours or so which is like an average MP3 player anymore.. It charges thru your computer's USB port which is nice.

Now for my Creative Zen Micro.. I have a Citrus Orange Micro, and I have to say it is the most beautfiul and perfect MP3 player ever.. I mean the touch is awesome. It does take a while to get used to but besides for that, it is perfect. Battery life is 12 hours. Mine is 5 GB and I purchased it for $180. It is VERY small.. Lets just say it is as think as a cassette tape, and as long and wide as a flip phone these days. It definetly is the sexiest MP3 player with the blue backlight.. Lets just say it stands out among the rest.. If you do not want to spend about $180, you can always purchase the 4 GB version for $150-160 or the 6 GB for $220. It is definetly worth it as it has built in FM and a mic for recording reminders and what not. It definetly has better sound than the iPod.

All of my friends have either regular sized iPods or the iPod Mini, they are good players. The new 4th Generation iPod Minis have I think about 18 hours of battery life, but I feel 12 is perfect. It is just I want something smaller than a Mini and better sounding. Plus, I hate the iPods for they have definetly become a trendy item. And purchasing one would make me feel like a TrendWhore which is not what I am about.. They are good players, but too trendy for me..

As for other high quality MP3 players, the only other competition between the iPods and the Creatives are the iRiver H10's.. You can get one for about $220. It has a coloured screen and is able to play videos and you are able to view pictures. It sounds just as good as the iPod. The battery life is 12 hours which is perfect. Charges in a thru a power outlet.. It is another great MP3 player..

I have a RCA Lyra, an $80 MP3 player I got from my Dad last Christmas because he is technology-illiterate. He's semi-rich and he buys me a $80 MP3 Player.

Anyways.

That MP3 Player I have has a storage of 256MB that stores, oh, 80 songs. And 1GB is small? Bah, I'm sorry but an Apple iPod with 40GB a storage (which translates into 12,500 songs comparing it to mine) is way too much. Seriously, who needs 735 WHOLE albums on their MP3 Player?

I know I don't.

Q_onfused said:
I have a RCA Lyra, an $80 MP3 player I got from my Dad last Christmas because he is technology-illiterate. He's semi-rich and he buys me a $80 MP3 Player.

Anyways.

That MP3 Player I have has a storage of 256MB that stores, oh, 80 songs. And 1GB is small? Bah, I'm sorry but an Apple iPod with 40GB a storage (which translates into 12,500 songs comparing it to mine) is way too much. Seriously, who needs 735 WHOLE albums on their MP3 Player?

I know I don't.
No one really needs it.. I mean I am sure that there are a select few that have that many albums on there, but if I am not mistaken, can't you also use an iPod as like a HDD? I know I can use mine.. Or is Apple just that damn cheap that it is only an MP3 player?

I think the newest generation of iPods are much more scratch-resistant than the old ones, I see all the old iPods covered in scratches whereas mine doesn't have any, and I'm not particularly well-known for taking good care of my stuff.

here in bc(interior), the ipod minis and the shuffles are the cheapest things around for size. have yet to see an iriver in town. but there are plenty of zens. and then zens here have had a terrible return rate. and after 90 days (which was around 80%) of the returns. had to pay for parts on their player which avereaged $200.

as for the shuffle and people bashing the no screen. people just by them because they know what songs they want to listen to then when they goto the the gym or for a walk.

but one thing ill admit is that the apples have horrible sound compair to the creatives. but thats all in the headphones. bought me a nice pair of senheisers for my 20g and sounded just as good as the creative after that.

Adrien C said:
I'm thinking to buy the new slick and cheap ipod shuffle. Any good/bad poitns you would like to share before I spend 145 bucks on it ?

Go with the zen micro for 179.99 (way more space/better player for just a little bit more. If not go for the Muvo TX which has a screen, fast transfer times, good battery life, an FM tuner, voice recorder, it works on only 1 AAA and works easily with windows (no other software). They are cheap and have more features in every area compared to the Ipod shuffle.

Micro
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=214&product=10795
Muvo TX
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=213&subcategory=215&product=9672

iPod if you use iTunes, something else if you don't... they don't support WMA.

Now dance.

Back