Iron Grip: Oppression Teaser

A

Azlan

One of the things I appreciate about the Iron Grip modification is that they are serious about their media updates. Although many of the upstart mods that came about earlier this year have fizzled out, it seems mostly, that the mods left cracking are the ones that look to meet their original goals. Iron Grip: Oppression revolves around the war of the Resistance and the Rahmos. Combining the best attributes of the FPS and the RTS genres, Iron Grip promises to immerse the player into a fascinating and involved gaming experience. [br]</br>They have released a teaser, which can be viewed over at http://www.isotx.com/. [br]

[br]Immerse yourself by going to http://www.irongrip.net/.

Those models have a lot of character to them. If the "shiny" look to their faces is on purpose, I like it. High-contrast styles often say a lot about the themes in a movie (or in this case, a game)

Levels look boring....

Edit - The Teaser looks absolutely ****ing awesome, it sounds really amazing. It does need a lot of work, though, but I love the concept.

This looks utterly amazing. The units are controlled just as smooth as any other RTS, and the first person gameplay looks extremely fun. Plus they have the best piece of concept art ever :)

The levels look boring because they can't be High-res, or else the commander would have to have an amazing PC :p

Suicide42 said:
This looks utterly amazing. The units are controlled just as smooth as any other RTS, and the first person gameplay looks extremely fun. Plus they have the best piece of concept art ever :)

80x80 avatar-sized concept art

FTW

I like the style and I like the idea!
The levels look like this because its not a normal FPS game its more like an RTS game.

SimonomiS said:
Its like those cartoons when someone's pretending to be someone else, but they still have their original shadow.

This guy is actually a kind of square dragon type thing.

I rofl'd.

wow the idea is amazing.
i now add this to the list of mods i look forward to.

Are those characters meant to be "French" by any chance?
They kinda have that stereotypical 'Viva la resistance" look to them.
Anyway,very nice work guys.

well......
they can actualy make low poly models for top view, and high poly models for first person....
Source does support lod models.
Same is for inviroment models.

well they also need low poly guys, because theres going to be Alot of them on screen at one time..

Looks great, but looks like they need some work on the camera perspective which is surprisingly flat now.

"surprisingly flat"

Why are you surprised? Have they been working on this mod for 3 years? :dozey: Give it some time.

Anyways, Iron Grip looks pretty neat.. definately in a class of it's own in the slew of Half-Life 2 Mods. This one stands out. Great job!

Looks neat :) But it'll probably be hard to be the commander, and that'll wind up as in Natural selection - a very confused commander that's wondering what the heck he's doign :S Hope they make some kind of singleplayer training, would help alot - else i end up only experiencing the fps part.

What is this game supposed to be, FPS or RTS? It looks abit plain and seems to be lacking in depth, the video doesn't exactly make me want to play it.

Back