Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Metallica

Votes: 22 42.3%
  • Both! :D - Thanks to Badger :D

Votes: 9 17.3%

• Total voters

SenorDingDong

Reaction score
Vote Now. Which Metal Band is better, Iron Maiden or Metallica.

Some History:

Iron Maiden: Formed in London in 1976, with over a dozen albums released selling over 50 millions copies world wide. Currently the Band has 6 members, Bruce Dickinson (Vocals), Steve Harris (Vocals + Guitar), Dave Murray (Guitar), Adrian Smith (Guitar), Janick Gers (Guitar) and Nicko McBrain (Drums).

Metallica: Formed in 1981 in California, with 10 albums currently released, Band Currently Consists of James Hetfield (Vocals + Guitar), Lars Ulrich (Drums), Kirk Hammet
(Guitar) and Robert Trujillo (Bass + Vocals).

Vote Now!

SLAYER!!!!

uh i guess metallica out of those two :dozey: iron maiden is tight too though

this threads a joke....

Matalica.. EW! if you vote for matalica I will get lars unrich to come to your house and slap you for once owning napster

MAIDEN ALL THA WAY!!!

Why does napster suck?

Free music is good, but its not free anymore :(

Maiden. Greatest band of all time, plus they never sold out and became pop stars like Metallica.

Live After Death = Best Live Album Ever

And the first 5 albums, Self-titled, Killers, The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, and Poweslave are all classics.

Never been a big fan of iron maiden, but I voted for them because I hate metallica

maiden because (execpt for virtual XI) havent released a bad album

MetallicA havent released a good album since the black album. although their old stuff is amazing.

.\../ MetallicA

Infact, I just got a metallica wallet.

well i dont like the voice of iron maidens singer :)
i hate it when they sing in falsetto.. ruins the whole song

Originally posted by Mackan
well i dont like the voice of iron maidens singer :)
i hate it when they sing in falsetto.. ruins the whole song
What are you talking bout? Bruce Dickinson has one of if not the best metal voice out there, and he can actually sing. Sure beats this groaning and moaning and screaming that passes for vocals today.

Originally posted by Bass
Maiden. Greatest band of all time, plus they never sold out and became pop stars like Metallica.

Live After Death = Best Live Album Ever

And the first 5 albums, Self-titled, Killers, The Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, and Poweslave are all classics.

What Bass said ^ :)

Also, I pressume the people here we say Maiden suck are more into sell out bands?

Originally posted by Dux
What Bass said ^ :)

Also, I pressume the people here we say Maiden suck are more into sell out bands?

Or even worse, nu-metal or rap-metal

*cringes*

I mostly listened to Metallica never really got into Iron Maiden.

Although I love maiden's rendition of Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner.

as it stands now : "would you rather be kicked by an ostrich or a water buffalo" Bob Hope responds "well they both sound pretty good to me"

Judging from your name I would have thought ther was a better chance youd be into Maiden rather than Metallica.

Yes I'm too broad in my musical tastes to overconcentrate on any one genere. So I had a handful of favorites for Heavy Metal and Iron Maiden, despite being such a classic, never got on the list.

Perhaps it's because so many HM Purists with Iron Maiden patches all over, were such bunred out freaks it turned me off from it.

I think Eddie is a great marketing point though.

Metallica is better i think, i got me into metal music.

What are you talking bout? Bruce Dickinson has one of if not the best metal voice out there, and he can actually sing. Sure beats this groaning and moaning and screaming that passes for vocals today.

Im sure he has a great voice, and I do like some of maidens songs
But myself I cant bear it when male singers start screaming like they have something clutching their balls
Many other metal bands have the same problem acording to me.. I love how everything sounds, the drums and the guitarr and everything, and then the singer starts screaming.. and I go like "wtf did you have to ruin that song for" and start playing something else

But its just my personal taste.. cant explain why I dont like it, since many others seem to like it

^
Awesome band in their hey day, Geoff Tate is probably the only metal front man better than Dickinson.
Operation: Mindcrime is a classic.

^
Well Megadeth vs. Metallica would made more sense. Same with Maiden vs. Queensryche.

Maiden and Metallica arent really that comparable.

How bout Black Sabbath vs. Led Zeppelin? Sabbath baby!

^
Well Megadeth vs. Metallica would made more sense. Same with Maiden vs. Queensryche.

Sabbath and Zeppelin not comparable. :devil:

Tate definately had a set of pipes on him, chain smoked too.

Yes Mindcrime ruled.:cheers:

Originally posted by Lordblackadder
Sabbath and Zeppelin not comparable. :devil:

Tate definately had a set of pipes on him, chain smoked too.

Yes Mindcrime ruled.:cheers:

Sure they're comparable. They got their start around the same time, the members of the bands knew eachother (Bill Ward and John Bonham especially), and they both were the leaders of rock in the 60s and 70s. Difference being that Zep ruled rock, while Sabbath were the fathers of hard rock/metal. Both great ****in bands though thats for sure.

Maiden all the way!!!

(saw both at roskilde festival :) )

^
Awesome band in their hey day, Geoff Tate is probably the only metal front man better than Dickinson.
Operation: Mindcrime is a classic.

Bruce Dickinson _IS_ teh best! :)

Originally posted by Nostradamus
Maiden all the way!!!

(saw both at roskilde festival :) )

Bruce Dickinson _IS_ teh best! :)

Well even though I just said different, I will agree, simply because Maiden is my favorite all time band ;)

^

They arent comparable, Zeppelin is way better.

Originally posted by SpuD
They arent comparable, Zeppelin is way better.

That is an opinion. But I respect it. As for me its Sabbath all the way.

Back