Iron Maiden

S

Sub-Zero

What do you all think of them, personally they're one of my all time favourite bands, can't wait for the new album coming out in september !

One of my all-time favs too. One of my best Christmas memories is the Christmas of '86 when I got Somewhere in Time on cassette (Master of Puppets too--a great celebration!). Man, I played the sh1t outta that thing. Still my favorite Maiden album, contrary to most fans.

I have Number of the Beast, and I can't really see what's so great about it...

Maiden is awesome, I have almost all their albums.

Love em!

Can't wait for their new album and tour in December :D

Oh SSGT shorten sig, 5 line limit

I've seen Maiden twice ..Power Slave tour and the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son tour (powerslave was much much better)

now it's mostly for nostalgia than anything else (I've been listening to the number of the beast recently) ..havent folllowed them since the early 90's when they lost some of their former glory

Heard Different World but not the other. They're not bad, but not maybe as good as some of their other recent stuff. Still can't wait for the album though!

Yeah I like Iron Maiden. Some of my favorite songs are: Fear of the dark, Afraid to shoot strangers and others.
Is this new album going to contain new songs? Or is it going to be a "best of" type album.

Aces High and The Wicker Man are my favorite. I really like Iron Maiden. They aren't the most technical out there but they definately show a lot of originality and are more talented than your average band.

EDIT: Add Fear of the Dark to my list. :)

They're gods, and excellent musicians, and I have immense respect for them, but I just don't listen to them anymore. I went through that phase and went on to other stuff.
Same here, although, I am seeing them live in december :LOL:

Iron Maiden are actually somewhat technical, although it varies from song to song of course. Some of their guitar leads, in particular, are incredibly difficult to play. But originality? Sure, I guess they pretty much defined the core 1980's metal sound, but this is 25 years later. :p

To be honest, I'm able to play any lead by them, from both Fear of the Dark solos to Aces High. Maybe that just makes both of us incredibly technical. :D

To be honest, I'm able to play any lead by them, from both Fear of the Dark solos to Aces High. Maybe that just makes both of us incredibly technical. :D

can you create riffs like theres though? and play in a band synchronizing triple guitar harmonies?

Also, Brighter then a tousand sons is amazing!!

This new album looks to be pretty sweet.

One of my two favourite bands (the other is Rush). I love their stuff, though I haven't listened to it in a while. I like the new stuff too. I think as far as technicality goes they're one of the most technical of their type. For instance I'd put them above Judas Priest and Metallica. I don't listen to Maiden for technicality though, if I want that I'll listen to Rush. I listen to Maiden because they produce good songs.

Never really got into them to be honest. I liked the songs The Wicker Man and Can I Play With Madness, but other than those I don't see much else to their music. A band I wouldn't mind seeing live, though.

can you create riffs like theres though? and play in a band synchronizing triple guitar harmonies?

Yes, and yes. :D

Their riffs aren't all that complex, mostly composed of power chords. I do like their harmonies, however.

The new songs slightly disappoint me, seeing as they sound a ton like other Maiden songs. I kind of hoped they'd introduce some new stuff.

Or try playing Stream of Consciousness or Blind Faith by Dream Theater. :rolleyes:

By the way, if I find the songs you listed I'll learn and record the solos. :)

Yes, and yes. :D

Their riffs aren't all that complex, mostly composed of power chords. I do like their harmonies, however.

The new songs slightly disappoint me, seeing as they sound a ton like other Maiden songs. I kind of hoped they'd introduce some new stuff.

why? I dont want Maiden too sound like anyone else.

And I didnt necessarily mean playing the songs. I more meant can you compose riffs like that, and make as good of songs as Maiden. Obviously anyway whos good at a guitar can just read the tabs and play it.

I hate Iron Maiden curse, all my dmg gets back on me so i die in like one hit...damn hell mode.

from everything ive read so far, this album is their best stuff since the 80's. and it certainly sounds great too.

well it has leaked on the internet...

and I have to say. It really is a great album. Its the best to have come out since Seventh Son. Its really the only album that has come out in the 90's or 2000, that can stand next to their stuff in the 80's.

"The Longest Day" is simply amazing. Im glad Maiden finally did a song about the Invasion of Normandy, and they sure as hell did it right.

Iron Maiden:

"What is, shouldn't wear spandex?"

--The Daily Double--!!!

I'm listening to it now, and I love it.

I'm gonna buy it as soon as I see it in a shop (probably in 4 weeks....the only shop that sells CDs I'll be getting close to won't be selling it).

I got the album today. It rocks in all honesty. A few of the latest albums have been guilty of fillers, no fillers on this one, every song sounds like it should be there. Look out For the Greater Good of God and The Legacy.

Those were terrible. Jesus ****ing Christ.

I mean really, how many times do you have to listen to songs like that to get ****ing bored out of your mind? It only took a few for me.

Quite a few it would seem, since I'm still listening to the album and I'm not bored. The only song I'm not really that keen on on the album is "Different Worlds" which is bit too much like Rainmaker and Wildest Dreams for my taste.

One of my all-time favs too. One of my best Christmas memories is the Christmas of '86 when I got Somewhere in Time on cassette (Master of Puppets too--a great celebration!). Man, I played the sh1t outta that thing. Still my favorite Maiden album, contrary to most fans.

Oh yeah, I remember 86'... when I was born...

But yeah, I love Maiden, they are one of my all time fav. bands out there, them and Sonata Arctica. :cheese:

Listening to their new Album, just bought it last night.

Oh yeah, I remember 86'... when I was born...
Hahaha! Yeah, I am showing my age a bit here...oh well. At least I got to see some great shows from bands that either are no longer together or are totally not the same as they used to be. :)

But yeah, I love Maiden, they are one of my all time fav. bands out there, them and Sonata Arctica. :cheese:

Listening to their new Album, just bought it last night.
Me too. They are always good, but this one is taking me a little longer to get into than most...dunno why exactly....

Back