Is anyone else...

Baal

Tank
Reaction score
Really excited about HL2 again? Like anyone doubting the game's awesomeness thinks it's, well, awesome again?

I just watched the Half-Life 2 and CS "2" video...wow, I'm so impressed again! ahhh I can't wait to play it now...so many questions though...so little time

My golf game will go down the tubes again once I get this game.

After seeing the CS2/Source thingy, I got pretty excited, after all, if they have enough time to be getting on with that then the game must be near enough complete. Yey.

lol... it's occured to me I'm incredibly excited, even though I'm yet to see any footage! Simply being absorbed in other people's excitement has been enough to get me going again...

What they been trying to say is that the game is Basicly Complete!
And i would not be supprised if they tell us a release date of June 30 ,2004 tommorow.

Right now (minutes after watching the entire new e3-vid), I am almost as excited about HL2 as I used to be days before 30th Sept.

AgentXen said:
What they been trying to say is that the game is Basicly Complete!
And i would not be supprised if they tell us a release date of June 30 ,2004 tommorow.

I would have a 30 minute orgasm followed by pissing champagne. Ive been hoping beyond hope for them to announce an earlier than expected (hopefully June or July) release date during E3. please please please.

I was really on a "I don't give a sh*t about this game anymore, I'll get it when it comes out and I'll enjoy it but I give up waiting" kinda attitude right up until E3, now, holy shit, I need the game.

my hopes was down on this game, after the new trailer they are sky high! holy shit this looks good :naughty:

DimitriPopov said:
I would have a 30 minute orgasm followed by pissing champagne.

I think he's trying to say he would rather enjoy it if the game is released soon.
:p

I agree with every comment so far in this thread.

I was in the exact attitude as nw909, but now.....AHHHHHH!!!!

I want it so bad!

Those CS2 shots were so friggin amazing!

I ALWAYS WAS EXCITED AND HYPED! it never went

i think these months have gone sooo quick from september!

Cant wait for like 1-2-3 months more then have the game ! YAY! this movie has done me for like another 2months

Hype levels are currently through the roof. Seeing the G-Man again did it; it always puts a smile on my face when I see the cryptic bastard. My want of this game never dipped down into the, "I don't care, it'll be out when it's out" mentality anyway, so all the hype that I've been keeping in reserve just exploded after watching those videos.

I even hate Counter-Strike, hate hate hate, but watching CS: Source made even me want to play it. To me, that's Valve pulling off a miracle. :p

Yep, this is great to see. These videos shut all the HL2 bashers up, the positive energy is enough to keep even the Great Troll Lord EvilEwok away.

commando said:
it isn't CS2!! gabe said it was CS SOURCE! no CS "2"

Yea I know that now, sorry for the confusion

CS Source is just regular CS ported over to the HL2 Source Engine....

CS2 has yet to be showed/mentioned that I know of.

Did anyone notice the walking animations for the terrorists in the aztec clip? They really can work wonders with this technology. And the water splashing as bullets hit it, that just looks amazing. Imagine the confusion as you get ambushed from 4 different directions with water splashing everywhere and grenades going off. It really is starting to look like a movie

Haha whats funny is the ones who were doubting this game are now picking peices of their jaw off the floor. :)

I just watched the 700 meg video... All I can say is: We are truly now in a new era for gaming, Half-Life 2 looks, feels, sounds and IS absolutely incredible. No game I've ever heard tell of comes close.

Only one problem, it won't run on my pc :(

Tork said:
Haha whats funny is the ones who were doubting this game are now picking peices of their jaw off the floor. :)

Yea, I know what you mean, but I wasn't doubting the game, but I was losing interest, and now I am still digging in the ground for my jaw....

Those splashes are the coolest thing ever! Screw gameplay when you can get such cool things like that!

Right now, CS is all about gameplay for me (which is why I quit, because of gameplay changes), but when you get a cs that looks that amazing, and can do just about anything, gameplay takes the backseat to a lot of things.

Mind you, I'm not saying I could stare at amazing graphics all day, but I can put up with a hell of a lot when I see graphics like those.

Also, one thing I didn't notice in the lower quality video that I did in the higher quality one was the blood in the splashes! That was one insanely cool thing.

Same tingle the vids gave me in e4 2003. omg i must play it now =/

Couldnt give a crap about CS source tho. time to move on.

CS source is what made me tingle for the most part....I've seen most of the HL2 stuff.

Don't get me wrong....HL2 part was awesome too!

What, aside from the water, was so great about CS source? same boring gameplay. I want to see some HL2 Multiplay ;0

Darkside55 said:
Hype levels are currently through the roof. Seeing the G-Man again did it; it always puts a smile on my face when I see the cryptic bastard. My want of this game never dipped down into the, "I don't care, it'll be out when it's out" mentality anyway, so all the hype that I've been keeping in reserve just exploded after watching those videos.

I even hate Counter-Strike, hate hate hate, but watching CS: Source made even me want to play it. To me, that's Valve pulling off a miracle. :p

I agree to all of that, so true! :)

Not to long ago, I began to lose faith, but now, I feel envigorated
Alittle off topic but, I want to preorder the Half Life 2 Special Edition but no gamestores have that option. They just have Half Life 2 as an option. If I was to preorder Half Life 2, would they reserve me a copy of the Special Edition if I requested it even if it was not in the computer?

All I can say is wow. The full demo was awesome, from the people and the police around to the striders and awesome landscapes. Oh and the part where the lower body was hanging was kinda scary. I was like all "ooh.. cool" and then the yelling frmo the burning zombie, damn. All of the parts of the demo movie had something in special and were truly amazing.

I'm not really a CS guy, but after seeing it in Source, I'm fully psyched for DoD:Source. To see that would be just as good as HL2 imo.

I hopt they (or someone) are/is going to port Natural Selection to Source. THAT was amazing gameplay!

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it... but I'm not really excited yet... perhaps once we get a date...

As far as dates go....I think a safe bet would be late August. Usually, when a developer makes a call for a seasonal release(ie. Summer), it is usually late in that season.

I was majorly hyped last year. This year I'm cautiously enthusiastic. Not because the game doesn't look awesome (it does!) and not because I don't want to play it (boy do I!) but because I have no idea when I'll be able to get my hands on this bad boy. I just don't want to set myself up for another let down like last year.

Back