Is anyone here pleased of the November delay?

x84D80Yx said:
cmon shuzer. you and i know thats shady as hell. whats the point of saying its done if you bring it in stores 2 months later?
"oh it will be done before september 21-22nd, but we wont give it to you until november sometime" that just sounds terrible. all i know, the way they said/announced things it sounded to me like they said on the shelves before summer is over.

weird eh?

http://pc.ign.com/articles/512/512580p4.html

well i really beleive he ment that they would be on shelves this summer when the article said this....

bolded for emphasis.

*cough halo 2 and gran turismo 4... :rolleyes:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/512/512580p4.html

well i really beleive he ment that they would be on shelves this summer when the article said this....

When I asked Doug about when we could all expect to play the final version of the most anticipated shooter of this year, he let us know that it would be, simply, "this summer."

bolded for emphasis.

Well I will be playing it in Summer :) :cheers:

ukfluke said:
lol feath, they said summer!! many many times. dont drink the water..they put something in it to make u forget.

edit: and to give a 6 month release window is a frickin joke i cant beilive ur even quoting it.

The best I can remember the delays were...

9/30/2003 -> "HOLIDAYS" -> "SPRING" -> "SUMMER" -> "FALL"

I feel the way Valve has handled the whole thing is a joke really. Even if they got hacked, they didn't keep us in the loop whatsoever for months on end after 9/30. It was just wrong.

To be honest, I had 100% faith in Valve right up until they announced the damn delay. Oh well, it's been a year now... I was want to play the damn game already so I can stop checking this forum daily like a crackhead. :x

I really don't care about the game at all at the moment. Have to much else going on to worry about it.

Neutrino said:
I really don't care about the game at all at the moment. Have to much else going on to worry about it.

:dozey: Same here, I think many others as well... notice how the forums is like...uh...dead? I am getting bored/uniterested with all these whatever you call em, if not delays. I hope I will enjoy it when it's actually released...

Have to admit that a delay might have me breathing a sigh of releif. I too have a pretty crappy system (P3 933 / 256MB / MX440 PCI) and would really need an upgrade to be able to run the game the way it was intended. Still need to save up enough money.

But, like it's been stated before, there has been no release date specified yet so who knows what's going to happen.

Maybe we'll get a better idea come wedsnday...

I love you people who want to have the game released later so you can play other games.

What are you people idiots. Some of us are sick to death of valves PR. Just release the god dam game or the SDK tools you said would be released before the game, so that modders can get to work on their mods. Dont worry that people might get a peak at the game before you release it, your awsome network security took care of that.

*Edit - gaben

Yeah I'm happy about the delays aswell, for the same reason I need a new rig and does not have enough money to get a good one yet.

HURRAY FOR DELAYS :p

Who can be happy about a delay just because some of you guys have crappy computers ? It was supposed to be out last year, you should have started saving money back then.

ZeeM said:
I think I`m the only one :E

No really, I have no money for upgrades (my rig can barely run windows solitaire at 15fps :p) right now but I will very soon and I want to play it when it comes :E [selfish]I`m saving money since beginning of summer and I`m glad that valve didn`t release it then[/selfish]

So, is here anyone pleased with the delay?

UPDATE: Just in case those November delay rumors are true...

Could you please provide a source for this supposed delay?

didn't gabe say in e3 2004 that "hl2 will be released this summer" and NOT finished, he said released!! just to make it clear for you all :p

Aceallways said:
ok guys stop dissing him about the release date and answer his question

"would you be pleased if HL2 came out in November?"

thanks for keeping everyone on topic :)

I`m surprised how can a thread can go off topic so easy...

I won't be pleased until I have a PC that can run the game at a decent FPS. Waiting 'till November just increases the likelihood that that'll happen.

more time to play Fable and Sims 2 and Madden and Burnout 3 and Star Wars Battlefront and....

deltron zero said:
more time to play Fable and Sims 2 and Madden and Burnout 3 and Star Wars Battlefront and....
It's unfortunate not everyone takes this sort of viewpoint on the situation, these forums have really degraded because of it. :(

im drawing a line in the sand right now! if HL2 is delayed into December im going to warez it. CS:S sucks anyway im not interested in playing it ill stick to 1.6 :p

November - still buying it

December - nope sorry too late valve warez for me

ukfluke said:
im drawing a line in the sand right now! if HL2 is delayed into December im going to warez it. CS:S sucks anyway im not interested in playing it ill stick to 1.6 :p

November - still buying it

December - nope sorry too late valve warez for me

MAKE THE GAME COME OUT FOR ME NOW VALVE OR I WILL STEAL FROM YOU.
I AM ACTING LIKE A GROWN-UP.

That's either selfishly retarded or retardedly selfish. I can't decide.
Wait for the the game patiently or just drug yourself into a deeper stupor until 2005. Either way, we win.

one things for sure, by the time it's 2005, the game will be out :)

theyre lucky im giving them to the end of november!

edit : ferd r u really sure? i have my doubts

I'm saving up for an X800. My 9600SEoc'ed is a hell of a bottleneck compared to the rest of my rig. Maybe add another half-gig of memory, but other than that, I'm pretty much set for any game released within the next two years (Or until the advent of the Unreal3 engine, which will destroy my computer :().

Ecthe|ioN said:
Who can be happy about a delay just because some of you guys have crappy computers ? It was supposed to be out last year, you should have started saving money back then.

My friend, you hit the nail on the head with a sledgehammer. I'm annoyed by the potential of having to wait till November but with Valve it was pretty much expected. Any additional delays into 2005 would not surprise me at all.

yeah if it gets delayed until 2005 i wouldnt be at all surprised. anything is possible with valve.

Mechagodzilla said:
MAKE THE GAME COME OUT FOR ME NOW VALVE OR I WILL STEAL FROM YOU.
I AM ACTING LIKE A GROWN-UP.

That's either selfishly retarded or retardedly selfish. I can't decide.
Wait for the the game patiently or just drug yourself into a deeper stupor until 2005. Either way, we win.

haha while a good response, the other guy had a point.

With all the constant delays and not releasing a system test demo for everyone in the community, not just the "leet", they are encouraging people to download the leak.

Valve would calm everyones nerves by releasing a little tech demo for the whole community, not just a select few because they want to squeeze more money from the CZ cash cow.

ukfluke said:
thrilled :/

not been delayed? they said it would be out in summer.

they said the same thing last year. then they said April 04,Summer 04,Late Summer 04 and now it looks like November 04.

LIARS. Why dont they just shut up and finish it. I know its finished but why dont they just go gold and realise it.

ukfluke said:
yeah if it gets delayed until 2005 i wouldnt be at all surprised. anything is possible with valve.

If it does, worst case scenario i wont buy it. (It wont not with the 3 pre-loads out now) there are better games coming out by then;

Quake 4
Duke Nukem
STALKER

Why are they wasting time on testing CS:Source, why not wait till its out and let the players test it. Most people will stay 1.6 (and most dont care about CS, i do.) at the beginning anyway because all the noobs will running round.

Feath said:
I fail to see the delay. Valve last said "Autumn" (or 'Fall') and then the November date game out.

Am I the only one that realises that November is in Autumn. Hence no delay.

lmao...did you forget already that originally they said summer?

delays delays delays.

ferd said:
one things for sure, by the time it's 2005, the game will be out :)

How do you figure that.

Is anyone here pleased of the November delay?

Quite frankly, hell no. I'm starting to get a little impatient here after waiting over a year. They say it will definitely be out summer 04. We cant wait to ship it! Yeah, seems to me November is in the middle of Autumn.

What suprises me is how they can announce the game last year, with a release date of 3 months later, then find enough things wrong with it to not release it for a whole nother year.

I can understand them finding a few things wrong with it, and delaying it a few months, but to be 100% confident of a sept 30 '03 release date (which they were untill about a week beforehand) then delay delay delay for more than a year later.

Vavle is so popular and have so many fans for Half-Life that even if they delay it a year, everyone still loves it! Consider themselves lucky. :p If any other game got delayed a year i'm sure they would lose fans but HL2 is too good to give up. :)

I'm a little impatient now, and i dont care for the game as much as i once did. But whenever it comes out, i know i'll be happy

I'm kinda glad it's delayed, the longer I wait, the more excited I'll be when it comes out...I bet that sounds hella weird :p

I can't wait... I've been waiting for this game ever since it was announced, and even bought a video card from ATI just to make sure I had secured my copy... I want the game to come out, if not just for HL2, for the SDK...

Back