Is Half Life DM Source playable

Dowie

Reaction score
I am preloading just now, I will only preorder today if it is.

Does anyone who has preordered know for sure? Thanks.

Ok kl thanks for the reply, any pics of it yet. Did they fully remake it, does it have HDR. I am surprised there is no info yet :(

Hey Dowie.

I've finished pre-loading hl2:ep1 and half-life deathmatch source.

Half-Life Deathmatch Source is playable. Unfortunately there are no servers up for it yet, but you can create a server from within the game.

As for hdr - ha ha... no. It looks more-less identical to the original deathmatch game. No new textures or models or anything. I will have to try out a few more maps and see if there are any enhancements.

-Komoto

so it's just like hl:s version of deathmatch right?

komoto said:
Hey Dowie.

I've finished pre-loading hl2:ep1 and half-life deathmatch source.

Half-Life Deathmatch Source is playable. Unfortunately there are no servers up for it yet, but you can create a server from within the game.

As for hdr - ha ha... no. It looks more-less identical to the original deathmatch game. No new textures or models or anything. I will have to try out a few more maps and see if there are any enhancements.

-Komoto

Pee. I had my hopes up for a second.

I have to disagree, HLDM:S features HDR in all of the maps. But there are no servers up, so no point in playing.

see my other thread for pics and bugs from this game. But no servers means there is like no point at all.

The thing was just released a few hours ago, give it time...

Theres one server up but they put a password on it, bastards.

Dowie said:
Theres one server up but they put a password on it, bastards.

I still can't see a single server, which I think is weird because I know that people surely are testing this right now.

.bog.

I preloaded HL2: Ep One, but didn't preorder yet.
Should HL: Deathmatch Source preload too? I can't see it in Steam or in SteamApps folder.

Przemek said:
I preloaded HL2: Ep One, but didn't preorder yet.
Should HL: Deathmatch Source preload too? I can't see it in Steam or in SteamApps folder.

You have to prepurchase to get HL1DM:S files.

99.vikram said:
I have to disagree, HLDM:S features HDR in all of the maps. But there are no servers up, so no point in playing.

Thats because people are still preloading. Or not home yet and didnt start preloading

Because of Steams way with debit cards I can't pre-purchase.

Can HLDMS be bought with the retail version?

Rossell said:
Can HLDMS be bought with the retail version?
It'll come with the retail version, but you can't obviously play it until you recieve the retail version. Though frankly, it looks like it's not much to shout about anyway :/

Good.

Pre-ordered off Play. Rip-off I know but until Valve add Maestro support...

Back